PDA

View Full Version : How to bunker a VC necromancer on a 25mm base?

Ghachii
20-08-2014, 08:53
Hi!

I've put my converted Necromancer on a 25mm scenic base ('because she's worth it'). The trouble is, she's going to need to be bunkered for gaming purposes, and all of the VC infantry are on 20mm bases. I've done some research, and it seems there are numerous fudges to get a 25mm character into a 20mm unit, but they all seem hideously inelegant and make my skin crawl!

So, my question are:

1) Is there anything in the rules to stop me putting a unit of skeletons on 25mm bases?

2) Would anyone complain if I did?

3) Would there be any unfair tactical advantages?

4) Would there be any major tactical disadvantages?

As you can probably tell, I'm more of a painter than a gamer! :D

Bladelord
20-08-2014, 10:11
From the top of my head you'll take less damage from templates but have a wider frontage in close combat.

I wouldn't mind playing against it if you're doing it for the aesthetics and not for gaming purposes.

Josfer
20-08-2014, 10:45
3) Would there be any unfair tactical advantages?
4) Would there be any major tactical disadvantages?
3) More space covered with fewer units
4) You need larger areas to move through, more movement to wheel, have a bigger flank and front, so more models can attack you and you can't attack with as much if you go horde or face monsters and stuff.

I'd suggest putting her on a 40*40 scenic base, marking "her corner" and filling the remaining three spots with removable skeletons or similar place holders.

EvanM
21-08-2014, 05:29
The rules actually don't say much about it. Another thing is that they don't even say stuff about how older monsters have tiny bases compared to the new ones.

I don't know if I would do it, it's basically only a disadvantage since you get hit with more models in contact and have less in contact to fight back, template hits don't matter that much.

it's not "unfair" I just wouldn't waste my models doing that unless they were like mantic modles that came on other random bases