PDA

View Full Version : Vampire counts 1000 Points

Hawkwood
20-08-2014, 10:27
Are going to resurrect my vampire count army in time for this new campaign and since my LGW only allow 1000 point armies I had this list in mind and was wondering if you people had any comments on it.

The necromancer will bunker up with the skeletons and advance with the zombies and ghouls ahed while keep increasing the zombies and skeleton unit sizes and keep the ghouls from dying. The blood knights will act as a hammer and destroy anything that opposes them with a lot of attacks and the hopes that the enemy will need 5 to hit the knights and 6 to hit the vamp. So what do you think?

Lords
Master Necromancer, level 3, dispel scroll, master of death-210

Heroes
Vammpire, nightmare with barding, glittering scales, shield-148

Core
20 Skeleton warriors, full command-130

20 Zombies-60

20 Crypt Ghouls, Crypt Ghast-210

Rare
4 Blood knights, champion, standard bearer, screaming banner-250

Dark Aly
23-08-2014, 03:22
let's hope they don't bring warmachines. with only one juicy target they'll be in for a world of hurt before reaching combat. with 2/5 of your whole army in one fairly fragile (outside of combat) unit and nothing to take the heat off them I think you'll either struggle massively or if they are unprepared win easily, but I think the former is more likely.

Aluinn
26-08-2014, 07:25
let's hope they don't bring warmachines. with only one juicy target they'll be in for a world of hurt before reaching combat. with 2/5 of your whole army in one fairly fragile (outside of combat) unit and nothing to take the heat off them I think you'll either struggle massively or if they are unprepared win easily, but I think the former is more likely.

Yeah at this point level I would agree and recommend Black Knights instead of Blood Knights. They'll deal with about anything you might end up facing plenty well.

Other than that I personally would recommend more Skeletons instead of the 20 Zombies, but that's just me I guess. I'm not a huge fan of the Zombie Bunker because it always folds to just about anything, anyway--it's pretty much only a good defense against "number of models" spells like Dreaded 13th, and the percentage of games in which you have to deal with those is pretty insignificant. I think it's completely legit, at 1,000 points, to run your main caster outside a unit but close enough for the 4+ save, though at least a 5+ ward is recommended in that case.

To put it another way, if you're taking Skeletons, take enough to do something--as it stands you're probably going to be pitting 20 against 20 Empire State Troops or the like and they'll lose without magic (especially with no Corpse Cart). I mean you can flank with the Cav, but your opponent is equally likely to have cavalry or some other sort of flank protection.

If I take Skeletons (and I almost always do) I try to take enough to make sure they're a significant unit at the points value, e.g. 50 in a horde at 2k. I'd probably take at least a horde of 30 with a Wight King (maybe BSB) or Wraith at 1,000.