PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon CCG

cornonthecob
20-08-2014, 22:35
Anyone else play this ?

I've just gotten back into it, very simple fun game, though my gen 1 cards are very different to the newer ones lol

skammadix
21-08-2014, 09:27
I don't play, but I was at my friends house the other day, and he had broken out all these first generation Pokemon cards that we used to collect and trade with each other when we were kids. Incredibly nostalgic experience. Made me want to go to my parents house and see if they still have mine laying around somewhere.

Deamon-forge
22-08-2014, 16:55
i play the TCG online. so much fun reliving my youth. still own my decks from the base set.

cornonthecob
22-08-2014, 20:34
How is the online game ? I'm considering giving it a go.

Khaines Wrath
28-08-2014, 00:34
I recently got into it this year, first time learning the rules. It's very fun, while not as balanced as magic it's alot easier to make a competitive deck. I used to collect the cards in primary school when Pokemon first came out but very few people at least at my school actually knew how to play, thy just liked collecting the cards.

cornonthecob
28-08-2014, 09:00
I find the original cards have suffered from power creep a little, my graveller for example started off with 60hp and needed 3 energy to do a 40 damage attack. New graveller starts off with 100hp and needs 2 energy to do a 30 damage attack.

Afrozombie
21-10-2014, 11:58
I am all about the old gen :D hehe fighting friends to trade you blastoise and being super pissed off when you the kept beating you with it. lol My girlfriend still collects pokemon cards, her most resent purchase being a shiney Gastly and shiney Jiggly puff. :D

kaimarion
13-11-2014, 19:35
I started playing again a few months ago though the only person I play it with is my GF so we just use the pre-made decks that you buy.

Kjell
24-11-2014, 17:46
i've dabbled a little in the online version, mostly out of nostalgia, and it's an ok distraction. it does some interesting things but it isn't remotely as deep and interactive as magic. it also has problems with game balance. if the meta has pokemon-EX you can forget about critters that evolve twice. the whole client is weirdly low-budget for a franchise that makes like every single dollar and tournaments are yet to be implemented but it probably isn't going to get worse.

you get a bunch of stuff when you start an account, though, so when you take into consideration that it costs you nothing it's worth a try. it sure is a lot of fun to discard your hand and draw seven cards.

dbone2005
19-12-2014, 18:39
would anyone be interested in buying some pokemon cards? or games for that matter i have a binder with a bunch of first gen cards some 2nd ed cards promo cards error cards i have a 4/102 charizard in great shape and a rocket charizard as far as games go i have pkm gold new battery *cib* silver new battery and crystal i also have red but i need to find my manual so that its cib

Scaryscarymushroom
23-01-2015, 03:20
Anyone else play this ?

I've just gotten back into it, very simple fun game, though my gen 1 cards are very different to the newer ones lol

I rediscovered it in October and since then I've been building up a collection of old base set cards. My wife will actually play this one with me, unlike Magic the Gathering. :)

I'm surprised at how much deckbuilding you can actually do. I used to think some cards were just more powerful than others; didn't really understand synergy when I was 11. :)