PDA

View Full Version : need help with my Warriors of Chaos - reworking my 1500pt list

pangloss666
22-08-2014, 07:08
Ive played a few games with my WoC against different opponents and I'm now looking to switch things around and am looking for any input.

This is what I currently run:

HERO
Lv2 Sorcerer of Tzeentch (daemonic mount, enchanted shield, talisman of preservation, third eye)

CORE
15 WoC (MoK, musician, standard) - these were initially MOT
15 Woc (Mok, musician, standard) - ditto
5 warhounds (vanguard)
5 warhounds (vanguard)

SPECIAL
5 Knights (MoK, musician, standard, ensorcelled weapons) - ditto
Gorebeast chariot

RARE
Skullcrushers (standard bearer, ensorcelled weapons)

so, after playing a few games, my thoughts (and advice from opponents) are:
* to switch the warriors to Nurgle & shields for staying power
* to drop the hounds
* to swap the knights for something else. I'd love more skullcrushers but dont have the rare points

Im wondering what to do to improve my list - possibly drop the 2 blocks for one? add a chimera? chariots?

Any ideas? Im relatively new (3 games) to WFB, so ideally Im looking for a forgiving a list as possible

Dragosanii12
22-08-2014, 07:24
MoK Chariots are awesome, cheap as chips and they hit like a train.

Personnaly I run HW and Shield Warriors of Tzeentch.

pangloss666
22-08-2014, 07:53
Hi, I started them as WOT and they got rolled over by Daemons and the guy suggested Khorne. They got rolled over by Ogres last night and the guy suggested nurgle - the logic being that the +1 and the shield would keep them going longer.

I thought my lv 2 sorcerer might be underpowered but he seemed fine at this level, getting off one decent spell per turn. The weaknesses was really with the knights who were nowhere near as good as my skullcrushers that did a lot of damage.

I'm honestly not sure :-/

zielonkak
26-08-2014, 05:21
I run nurgle warriors with shields and halbreds. I sometimes run festus with them for the bonuses.. khorne with forsaken and crushers. U could run a cheap dp well...nurgle, scaly skin, charmed shield...tooled to fight...add dogs and something like chimera to help distract the attention from dp

Dragosanii12
27-08-2014, 12:20
The majority of my opponents, after many games where my 30+ warrior unit simply refused to fail an armour save, now tend to tool up with armour save lowering gear, great weapons, razor standard and so on. As a result I really like the 5+ parry save from MoT.

Yeah Demon Princes are the tits, if your running one deffo check out the Sword of Striking, hitting on a 2+! I never leave home without it.

Josfer
27-08-2014, 13:52
Warriors with MoK should
-be fielded 6 wide to increase attacks
-have halberds or GWs

I'd probably go to units of 12 and get horsemen with MoS (if necessary drop vanguard on the dogs). You want to win the movement phase so you can dictate the combats. With M4 it's hard enough to maneuver anyways.

Or (if you want to switch to nurgle) make a big block of nurgle halberdiers or GW wiedling warriors, maybe include festus (yay regeneration 5+) and have a big anvil and use the knights and crushers as hammers.

philsnow
27-08-2014, 14:42
Maybe Drop the knights for a Chimera? They are easier to Maneuver, up to 9 attacks at strength 6 and a thunder stomp. Regen is a priority and flaming breath is great if you can fit it in.