PDA

View Full Version : I am the law!

Metacarpi
24-08-2014, 11:18
I finally picked up a copy of the Judge Dredd miniatures game yesterday, and to celebrate I decided that I was going to log my progress through completing the minis, to playing a few games!

So hang on to your hats Civilian, and let's peek behind the curtains of the hall of justice......

Standard box art fare, with Dredd bringing a couple of Juves into line.....

Contents of the box - Academy of Law Training Guide (getting started booklet), 240 page hardback rule book with rules, character sheets, campaigns etc, gang of street judges, gang of juves, and the exclusive juve and judge minis.

Gang of 8 Mega-City One street judges

Gang of 8 street juves

Exclusive heavy weapons judge with Lawrod

Exclusive femal punk juve leader

I can't wait to get stuck in cleaning up these guys and getting them painted, check back soon for more updates!

Mage
25-08-2014, 23:15
Can't wait to see more. Update soon please!

Metacarpi
29-08-2014, 09:07
Well, I didn't expect it to take me a week to update, but I've been busy with work!

Anyway, here's my first model painted - the Psi-Judge, painted up as Judge Anderson naturally!

I'm not very happy with the highlights on the legs, it's far too bright in contrast with the black, so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know! I'm not the greatest painter in the world (hell, I'm not the greatest painter in this room and I'm the only one in it!), but I like to try and improve!

Next up - I'm going to paint one of the Juves to get a feel for them too, probably the Psi-Juve just to keep some sort of balance!

I'm also heading to Darksphere later on today, so will likely pick up the Ape Gang (if they have it in stock) and some terrain - I'm looking at the Deadzone and Micro-Art MDF stuff for terrain, but if somebody has any other suggestions, I'm happy to hear them!

Tzarinchilla
03-09-2014, 09:22
First off, nice job. Great to see a Dredd blog.

As a fan of the Judge Dredd comics and also an owner of this same starter set, may I suggest you use blue for the highlights on the black? The reason being, historically in the comics the black leather was highlighted int he comics with blue. In fact if I am honest it was closer to blue than black, but I prefer the black leather that has evolved in the later comics.

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/03/618x1064/comics_judge_dredd_promo.jpg

The blue might give you a little more contrast.

Hope this is in some way helpful :)

Metacarpi
03-09-2014, 09:45
Thanks for that - my collection of Dredd consists entirely of the first 11 volumes of the Complete Case Files - which are printed entirely in black and white!

I'll give the blue a whirl!

As a slight update - I've done my first Juve model as well now, and bought the East-Meg gang, as well as this beauty to decorate my gaming table:

http://www.wargamestournaments.com/acatalog/28mm_Industrial_Terrain_.html (Industrial Terrain Set)

I've picked up the 60 kit, and it turns out that the guy who owns this company is the brother of someone I went to school with, so I should be able to pick up additional scenery on the cheap! Small world, eh? I'm hoping that the kit arrives in the mail today, as soon as it does I'll take some pics of my progress and get them up here!

cornonthecob
04-09-2014, 08:53
I'd definitely suggest the Mantic terrain, however glue it, dont just use the clips as they aren't very strong. Also I'd suggest looking at the Spartan Scenics MDF terrain, really good.

Metacarpi
05-09-2014, 08:52
Had my first couple of games yesterday, lost one, won one - had an absolute blast and can't wait to play more!

That terrain kit is insane, check it out:

However, no more progress has been made on my minis, because I've been distracted by Diablo 3 and Metro: Redux!

van helser
12-09-2014, 10:12
I've seen that kit on Ebay while searching for Necromunda minis. Do you think it's worth the price? Easy enough to assemble?

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the Dredd models. Get off the computer! :)

Tzarinchilla
14-09-2014, 13:53
Nice find on that scenery. That mixed in with the mantic scenery could make for an amzing gaming table. May I also suggest the infinity scenery made by micro art studio as well, for that future sci-fi edge, in particular the addon stuff like screens and displays.

greenstuff_gav
14-09-2014, 20:15
a friend of mine added textured paint to the horizontal surfaces and painted the lot in bluish-grey; will looksee if i got any pictures but looked great!

Metacarpi
15-09-2014, 13:50
I've seen that kit on Ebay while searching for Necromunda minis. Do you think it's worth the price? Easy enough to assemble?

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the Dredd models. Get off the computer! :)

I'd say it's definitly worth the price - it's a piece of cake to assemble, and with a little gluing (guide rails to the walkways, sides to the ladders etc) it's quick to put up and take down during your gaming sessions - think it took me less than 10 minutes to get a table set up first time I used it, and that includes planning the layout and jigging a few bits around!

I've done some more painting (now have 3 Judge models completed, 4 Juves, with another Juve half complete), and will put some pictures up this evening when I get home. I really should finish up the Judges and the Juves, but I've got a real urge to paint up the East-Meg Judge Leader.... must be strict! I also bought a Fattie Stampede set I found for less than 30 from Wayland Games (including P&P!) - that's definitely going to get priority, because they're just fantastic little (well, you know) models.

Nice find on that scenery. That mixed in with the mantic scenery could make for an amzing gaming table. May I also suggest the infinity scenery made by micro art studio as well, for that future sci-fi edge, in particular the addon stuff like screens and displays.

I'm looking at getting some Infinity and Deadzone stuff when I next get paid - looking at some screens etc to sci-fi everything up, and Deadzone seems to have a pretty sweet landing pad type kit. I'm also looking at the Sarissa Precision kits, as they have some good laser cut sci-fi housing pod type bits that could fit in nicely.

a friend of mine added textured paint to the horizontal surfaces and painted the lot in bluish-grey; will looksee if i got any pictures but looked great!

If you could get some pictures/advice from your friend, that'd be great! I'm kind of at a loss where to begin painting the thing! :)

Metacarpi
16-09-2014, 07:15
Judges so far:

Juves so far:

Metacarpi
16-09-2014, 18:00

My fatties have arrived! Will prepare the models and bung some pictures up - I've got a feeling there's going to be a fair amount of tidying up/green stuff needed on these boys!