PDA

View Full Version : Info about e Vampire Blender Lord

Mithrilherz
27-08-2014, 15:02
Fellow Wargamers

The new Endtimes are really interesting, and I will definitely try Nagash with an Undead Legion list.

However no one in my gaming group plays Vampire Counts, and I am the only undead player, using Tomb King. Hence my undead legion will be probably tomb king heavy, but I will definitely try some vampire count units.

In certain threads, I have read a lot of the infamous "Vampire Blender Lord".
Could someone give me some insight about the actual build and how to use it?
This would be awesome.

Please keep in mind that my simple mortal mind has no experiences with or against vampire counts.

Thank you very much for all your posts

Ramius4
27-08-2014, 15:04
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?339429-The-New-Vampire-Counts-8th-Edition-Tactica

There you go. Pretty much everything you want to know has already been discussed in there.

Mithrilherz
27-08-2014, 15:19
Thanks for the link, I will give it a try. Hopefully I do not have to read all 129 pages. ;-)

Ramius4
27-08-2014, 15:29
Thanks for the link, I will give it a try. Hopefully I do not have to read all 129 pages. ;-)

You won't have to. Once you've seen a few posts about how to build a blender lord, you'll come up with your own ideas on how to do it anyways.

Josfer
27-08-2014, 15:32
The blender lord is basically a vampire lord with quick blood and everything that maxes his dmg output: red fury, +xS, +xA, +1 to hit, OTS, you name it. Search for fights were one attack has the highest percentage of actually dealing a wound and you can nearly double your attacks.

EvanM
27-08-2014, 16:20
But you may not need blender lords with nagash out, I mean you have nagash + how many other characters will you even need? I'd recommend investing in a few VC units for you to raise undead on, to vary your force.

That's the idea behind nagash, right? Get all VC players to buy tomb kings and all tomb kings players to buy VC? It's kinda brilliant actually. Its like unbound but limited enough not to **** people off

EvanM
27-08-2014, 16:21
But you may not need blender lords with nagash out, I mean you have nagash + how many other characters will you even need? I'd recommend investing in a few VC units for you to raise undead on, to vary your force.

That's the idea behind nagash, right? Get all VC players to buy tomb kings and all tomb kings players to buy VC? It's kinda brilliant actually. Its like unbound but limited enough not to **** people off

CountUlrich
27-08-2014, 18:59
Take a vamp, give him quick blood (asf), add red fury (every succesful wound generates a new attack), heavy armor, charmed shield, talis of pres, dawnstone, sword of might and put him on a barded steed ... he is 2+ rerollable, 4+ ward, death dealing master ... now mount a wight king next to him with nightshroud (which means anyone in base contact is asl with no S bonus from magical or great weapons), put both in a unit of black nights, and let the good times roll ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
27-08-2014, 21:55
"Blender" is the term for a character adept at shredding large numbers of rank-and-file. The "Blender Lord" vampire uses the combination of ASF rerolls (quickblood), S7 (Ogre Blade) to generate a consistent number of wounds to double with Red Fury. He can reliably output 5-10 wounds per turn against pretty much anything. Thus blender.

The idea is that he's your primary anti-armour muscle, though can basically kill anything. He's not very good against stuff with ward saves though so for that you give him the OTS

Mithrilherz
28-08-2014, 18:37
Thanks a lot for this nice overviews

Malagor
28-08-2014, 23:28
And can point out that the blender lord is also the most hated build of them all and yet one of the funniest one :p

m1acca1551
29-08-2014, 00:20
2 more variants are the red fury, quick blood, etc etc then add +3 attack sword, or ogre blade for plus 3 strength... Season to taste Not as tough defensively but absolutely brutal on the attack.

Or if you want more defence, add potion of strength so if you run into something that is either high toughness or has lots of armour your 5 attack, asf, str 8, initiative 8 re-rolling dude can delete the unit in one go. My opponent decided that a charge of inner circle knights would be able to take my lord out... He killed 8 guys in a turn.... I was very very happy. Good rolling helps though haha

Malagor
29-08-2014, 00:26
Ogre Blade is only +2 in strength but that's more then enough.

Josfer
29-08-2014, 12:31
I'd guess he meant giant blade, although I agree that the ogre blade is fine.
Best option in my opinion is a mix: Get Sword of Bloodshed for +3A and then add the potion of strength.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
31-08-2014, 02:23
I'd guess he meant giant blade, although I agree that the ogre blade is fine.
Best option in my opinion is a mix: Get Sword of Bloodshed for +3A and then add the potion of strength.
The sword of bloodshed build is only really good at shredding infantry. Its far too easy to tank his potion for a turn, after which S5 just doesn't cut it save against t3.

The s7 version is just all around a better build

Josfer
31-08-2014, 16:23
With the razor banner and the potion, you probably hit on 3+, wounding on 2+ with no saves (besides ward saves on characters). That's statistically 10 wounds even against 1+ AS given you're not facing T7+. That's a dead monster (even against T7 you'll probably deal 8 wounds), three dead MCav/MInf, 10 dead inf/cav/WB or about any character even with 4++. As long as you're not stupid enough to get yourself locked in a challenge with a unit champion that's a won fight.
If you're lucky you can go up to 15+ wounds. You don't even need the potion if the enemy is T3 and 4+AS or worse. With HE, DE and WE on the march...that's quite a possibility.
And even against T4 +3A is better than S7 if the enemy isn't highly armored (3+AS or better), especially with the razor banner in the unit (enemy needs T4 and 2+AS or better).

Wesser
01-09-2014, 16:26
And can point out that the blender lord is also the most hated build of them all and yet one of the funniest one :p

Ogre bus with make Way abuse?

Most of Woc?

Blenders Got Lots of limitations....