PDA

View Full Version : Warshrines - What to run alongside?

Akj
29-08-2014, 15:56
Hey guys,

I've bought a warshrine - couldn't help it - but not sure what to run alongside it. Should I have lots of smaller Chaos Warrior Units with Champions? A unit of Chosen? Lots of basic heroes at minimum points cost?

The rest of the army list is up for discussion, save for some hellcannons and Throgg.

Thanks!

Alex

sigmarus
29-08-2014, 16:44
I am trying out two 5 man units of chosen with a champion for 100 points. then the rest is larger units. they sit next to the warshrine and wait to roll a daemon prince :)

I would stay away from keeping heroes near it if you are trying for a daemon prince.

Akj
30-08-2014, 08:47
I would stay away from keeping heroes near it if you are trying for a daemon prince.

Thanks - why's that?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Josfer
31-08-2014, 00:27
Best options I know of are MSU chosen (as said before 2-3 units of 5-6) or the deathstar (2 unkillable characters on DM and the champion of a unit of knights with some support ranks). In the death star you don't want to aim for DP pops as it demolishes your baisc game plan, but permanently buffing your front line is REALLY cool (major focus should be the knight champion to increase his T and ++).

MOMUS
31-08-2014, 01:23
Ive never seen a warshrine from the newbook. :(