PDA

View Full Version : Nagash's lieutenants

zeuso
30-08-2014, 08:17
For anyone that has the End Times rulebook, can Arkhan, Manfred & Neferata be taken in normal TK & VC armies?? I.e. Does it mention it on their profiles like in the Tamurkhan book? I'm thinking Manfred & Neferata for VC and Arkhan for TK, does this fit fluff wise?

Blkc57
30-08-2014, 09:00
I'm pretty sure the units and characters in the Warhammer: Nagash book are exclusive to the Undead Legion army. If you want to play them you might as well take the Undead Legion, since both Tomb Kings and VC are able to fielded in it. Its kinda sad but I know all the TK players in my area are immediately jumping on board the Undead Legion, and I can't say I really blame them since it removes most of the BS rules that drag Tomb Kings down.

draccan
30-08-2014, 09:57
Now that Warhammer Forge is closing down (even Tamurkhan is not available) and the Chaos Paragon Host and Chaos Dwarf armies may not be supported in the future, it makes me wonder why support the Undead Legion which may be invalidated in just a few months with a new edition of Warhammer...

Blkc57
30-08-2014, 10:17
it makes me wonder why support the Undead Legion which may be invalidated in just a few months with a new edition of Warhammer...

Not really a rules question, but I'll answer this as long as it doesn't get me in trouble ;) . Many feel (and I do as well) that if it is true and a new edition is rapidly approaching then the changes present within the new Nagash book are a herald of whats to come, and the Nagash book won't be so much negated by the new edition as supported in much the same way the 7th edition Skaven book was supported by the changes in 8th. I suspect things like an increase in Lord and Hero allotment as well as no longer using split profiles for riders and mounts and instead a combined profile, will become part of 9th.

Ahnarras
30-08-2014, 11:11
For having the book under my nose: no, Nagash & his boyz can only be taken in a Undead Legion army.

But, as it doesn't have any downside to switch your army in an Undead one, and even have a few bonus (less for VC, but a LOT of cool rule (c/c from VC book.) for TK), i can't think of any reason, except fluff, to not go kneel before Nagash.

Nagash is love.
Nagash is true.
Nagash is having my tomb gard marching.
All bow before Nagash!

Iron_Lord
30-08-2014, 13:43
For having the book under my nose: no, Nagash & his boyz can only be taken in a Undead Legion army.

But, as it doesn't have any downside to switch your army in an Undead one, and even have a few bonus (less for VC, but a LOT of cool rule (c/c from VC book.) for TK), i can't think of any reason, except fluff, to not go kneel before Nagash.

Nagash is love.
Nagash is true.
Nagash is having my tomb gard marching.
All bow before Nagash!

Aren't there units and/or characters that are left out?

If a VC player wants Konrad, Isabella, or Kemmler, or a TK player wants characters besides Khalida, they might not want to go Undead Legion.

Spiney Norman
30-08-2014, 20:43
Aren't there units and/or characters that are left out?

If a VC player wants Konrad, Isabella, or Kemmler, or a TK player wants characters besides Khalida, they might not want to go Undead Legion.

Settra is the only sticking point really, all the rest of the tomb king characters are new, uninteresting and above all, (other than scarab boy) model-less. The only TK SC I have been wanting to field is Arkhan because he has an interesting backstory beyond we-made-him-up-on-the-back-of-an-envelope-for-the-new-army-book, and he just got a stonking new model and set of rules.

Andy p
31-08-2014, 10:47
Settra is the only sticking point really, all the rest of the tomb king characters are new, uninteresting and above all, (other than scarab boy) model-less. The only TK SC I have been wanting to field is Arkhan because he has an interesting backstory beyond we-made-him-up-on-the-back-of-an-envelope-for-the-new-army-book, and he just got a stonking new model and set of rules.

This is true.

However it must be hard to create a decent background for anything in this setting, when there is such an established background in the first place. Anything you write will be compared to what went before and most people are so very precedent oriented. Admittedly quality is in the examination and comparison and much of the older fluff and characters are more intriguing, but you can only rehash for so long.

So I suppose by introduction of new characters, (even if it is arbitrary), they at least leave it open for expansion by either the original writers or new ones and over time those characters can become more established. Although the support is lacking in terms of models, which can give an even worse impression of their lackadaisical inclusion.

Texhnolyze
31-08-2014, 13:25
I'm pretty sure the units and characters in the Warhammer: Nagash book are exclusive to the Undead Legion army. If you want to play them you might as well take the Undead Legion, since both Tomb Kings and VC are able to fielded in it. Its kinda sad but I know all the TK players in my area are immediately jumping on board the Undead Legion, and I can't say I really blame them since it removes most of the BS rules that drag Tomb Kings down.

There are actually 2 units in Warhammer:Nagash, that can be take in either an Undead Leagion Army, or in a Vampire counts Army.
And they are the Morghasts.

"Morghast Harbringers can be included in a Vampire Counts army or an Undead Leagions Army."

The same line exits for the Archai.

Regards,
Tex

zeuso
31-08-2014, 16:00
There are actually 2 units in Warhammer:Nagash, that can be take in either an Undead Leagion Army, or in a Vampire counts Army.
And they are the Morghasts.

"Morghast Harbringers can be included in a Vampire Counts army or an Undead Leagions Army."

The same line exits for the Archai.

Regards,
Tex

This is exactly the line I was talking about in my OP. Thanks for confirming that.

-Totenkopf-
01-09-2014, 23:42
Does anyone know what kind of changes I can expect to see for Arkhan? My local GW was sold out of all the books and cards day one ;(

Blkc57
02-09-2014, 06:53
Does anyone know what kind of changes I can expect to see for Arkhan? My local GW was sold out of all the books and cards day one ;(

He comes with a new combined profile that includes a pretty amazing mount, he also has additional rules as a mortarch. But he comes with a hearty price tag.