PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden

Cloudscape_online
13-06-2005, 16:12
Ok, it's as tough as they said it was gonna be, but once you get into it, it's brilliant. The problem is that now I'm stuck. I can't beat Alma, even with Vigooran Flails at maximum strength, and a bucketload of heal items. Help anyone?

x-esiv-4c
13-06-2005, 16:13
I'm going to run with the assumption that you are not talking about Ninja Gaiden on the Master system.... :)

Punk_in_Drublic
14-06-2005, 14:20
Ninja Gaiden is one of the best games on the x-box IMO. True, it was difficult in the beginning. I beat Alma after a couple of tries, but she is the hardest boss in the game compared to Ruy's level. You have to be patient and take your time, and master the evasion rolls and jumping. Run in huge circles around her, always be moving, and keep you distance.

The key here is the Fire Ninpo, allow me to cut/paste from the boss faq over at gamesfaq: Art of the Inferno Ninpo equipped, for it is your best method
of winning this battle. As the battle begins, charge up your
Ninpo, and hit her with a fireball. She will immediately be
stunned, so quickly hit her with some sword or a Nanchaku combo
to take down some nice percentage of her health. You most likely
have 2 Ninpo at this point, and hopefully a few devil
elixirs. Be sure to time your Ninpo, because Alma's speed
allows her to dodge the fireball, which will not fare very well
in defeating her. Keep stunning her with your Ninpo, and attempt
to get her down to 3/4 of her health, give or take. If you run dry
of Ninpo, the battle will get harder. You will have to work around
her, and dodge around her attacks, jumping into the air and pressing
the 'A' button works well in getting off some moderately
powerful quick shots.

This worked for me.

Later,

-punk

fellows
28-06-2005, 12:00
Alma, ahnds down is the hardest boss I think.

You really can't perform skills, or feats neccesary to stay ahead of her.

My best advice is to read some FAQ's at gamefaqs.com, and just pray you get lucky because otherwise you will have a VERY, VERY tough time.

Arnizipal
29-06-2005, 22:03
Ah Ninja Gaiden. Now there's a game that kept me occupied. It took me months to finish it.
I'm seriously contemplating going through it again on hard to unlock the original (sidescrolling) Ninja Gaiden games :cool:

Archaon
30-06-2005, 00:24
Hm..i'm battling Alma last time i played it. Should pick it up again but i've forgotten most of the controls by now.. :cries:

But it is a very cool game..

Punk_in_Drublic
30-06-2005, 14:55
Ah Ninja Gaiden. Now there's a game that kept me occupied. It took me months to finish it.
I'm seriously contemplating going through it again on hard to unlock the original (sidescrolling) Ninja Gaiden games :cool:

I unlocked them all. Ninja Gaiden is one of the few games I've played and playd until there was no game left to play. The original NES (or was it SNES) games where utter crap though, but would probably appeal to die hard fanboys.

Later,

-Punk

Arnizipal
30-06-2005, 16:00
The original NES (or was it SNES) games where utter crap though, but would probably appeal to die hard fanboys.

Later,

-Punk
I wouldn't know as I never played them, but I'm a sucker for unlocking extra content (I'm still in the process of unlocking all 176 costumes in DoA:U).