PDA

View Full Version : Van Horstmann's Speculum

freezepunk
02-09-2014, 11:47
i've got my wizard lord equipped with the speculum and i'm hoping to increase his survivability by challenging unit champions to reduce attacks on him from a possible 6-12 (or more, with frenzy, ahw, etc) to 1, meaning he can last a minimum of 3 rounds supposing his bunker doesn't break.

the rules state that the user swaps strength, toughness, initiative and attacks.

i was wondering about buffs, do they transfer as well. say my wizard had flesh to stone cast on him, would he keep the plus 2 to toughness, or would it transfer?

similarly, if say an opponent had wyssan's wild form cast on him, would my wizard get the plus 1 to strength and toughness?

ps, i realize this has been posted before, but all those posts only seemed to cover previous editions

Mr_Rose
02-09-2014, 12:52
If you look at the actual item entry on p.63 of the Empire book it does actually specify that you exchange profile values.

Josfer
02-09-2014, 12:56
I'd say boni and mali from buffs or hexes are swapped, weapon boni aren't. Not the whole buff/hex, only the boni regarding those stats. So if someone gets -1WS, -1I, -1M and -1BS from melkoths mystifying miasma, the -1I is swapped, -1WS/BS/M stays at the original owner.