PDA

View Full Version : Got a Warhammer match on sunday.. High Elf List help please..?

Merellin
03-09-2014, 18:58
Realy sorry if this is in the wrong place, again.. Dont know where to post this since I'm not posting a army list, just asking for help to build one..

So, I havent played Fantasy for like 4 years atleast but I have been challanged to a match on sunday and would realy like to have some help making a list for that, My only army right now is High Elves, And I never played them before (But I do have the army book) And.. I dont realy remember how to write lists for Fantasy.. The match is 2500 points and my opponent plays Wood Elves (I think..) After a quick count, The models I own are
21 Spearmen
19 Archers
20 Seaguard
14 Silver Helms
13 White Lions
22 Swordmasters
2 Bolt Throwers
A Prince on Griffom
Korhil
Tyrion
2 Mages
1 Battle Standard Bearer

I bought it second hand off a friend, Thats why it is such random numbers. Please help, And thanks in advance.

freezepunk
03-09-2014, 19:27
this is the right place, sorry i don't play HE, but a lot of people seem to take a largish unit of swordmasters with banner of the world dragon and an archmage to get some tremendous saves.

i've also seen the loremaster praised as he can wear armour AND cast 8 spells (the signature spells from each lore)

TheItalian567
03-09-2014, 21:46
Combine the Seaguard and Spearmen and have them all "count as spearmen" maybe use 25 or 30 in total.

Those archers are going to be invaluable in maybe a squad of 18 (put a mage here). Make him Shadow to offset the high mage- mentioned later. Shadow is also amazing if you cast the signature spell on SMs

The silver helms you could run as a bus for your prince (just say Tyrion counts as your Prince)

You can use the Prince on the griffon as a noble on a great eagle.

I wish you had more White Lions because their save against range is really going to help you out.. Swordmasters get a 6+ ward save and with a high mage in their, that ward save can be viciously high. Drop Banner of the World Dragon though on either White Lions or Swordmasters because if he's Wood elves, I believe some of the arrows they take count as magic so you'd get a 2+ ward save regardless.

22 Swordmasters w/ the BSB and a high mage/archmage

2 Bolt Throwers

Try playing around with that.. You can definitely use one of your mages as a Loremaster, and as Freezepunk said, they're very fun.

Pavisel
04-09-2014, 17:05
The models I own are

21 Spearmen
19 Archers
20 Seaguard
14 Silver Helms
13 White Lions
22 Swordmasters
2 Bolt Throwers
A Prince on Griffom
Korhil
Tyrion
2 Mages
1 Battle Standard Bearer

Hmm, the numbers are random, all right! wish you had a few more of each there. ok, you need to have at least 25% of the army come from the Core section, so I suggest fielding all of the silver helms with full command and upgrades. get them across the board as fast as possible and into combat. also, take all 19 archers, but only give them a musician; other upgrades are fairly useless on them. field the archers 7 wide by 3 deep so you can get all of them shooting each turn. toss a Mage in there too. fill out the rest of the Core using the spearmen or seaguard.

I prefer to run a noble on griffin instead of prince, with the griffin fully upgraded. makes him nasty on the charge, especially against a lightly armored opponent like wood elves. one of the griffon's weaknesses is that it has no save of any kind, so this is another model you want in combat as soon as possible.

I personally don't use the banner of the world dragon, but it is a staple in most every HE list. I'd put that on the BSB and stick him in the Swordmasters unit. always go full command on rank n file combat units. Bolt throwers are a definite, you probably want mostly multi-shot unless he has tree kin or a tree man.

Merellin
05-09-2014, 18:10
Alright, I have managed to start a list, But I dont know how to equip my lord or hero,..

--Lords--
Prince
-Elven Steed
-ithilmar Barding

--Heroes--
Noble
-BSB

--Core---
41 Lotheren Sea Guard
-Full Command

19 Archers

14 Silver Helms

--Special--
22 Swordmasters
-Full Command

--Rare--
Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

1683 points, Gotta get up to 2500..

TheItalian567
05-09-2014, 19:48
Alright, I have managed to start a list, But I dont know how to equip my lord or hero,..

--Lords--
Prince
-Elven Steed
-ithilmar Barding

--Heroes--
Noble
-BSB

--Core---
41 Lotheren Sea Guard
-Full Command

19 Archers

14 Silver Helms

--Special--
22 Swordmasters
-Full Command

--Rare--
Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

1683 points, Gotta get up to 2500..

Squeeze in a Mage/Archmage (whichever you want to do)

Prince: Dawnstone, Ogre Blade, Armour of Destiny
Noble: Shield of Merwyrm, Crown of Command
Archmage: Book of Hoeth, Crown of altrarazarzarzmarmzar (don't know how to spell it, clearly)
Mage: Dispell Scroll

Those are my common kits.. Keep the Noble and Archmage together in the Swordmasters.. It's actually a pretty lethal combination as the SMs will have Stubborn which is nice. Prince with the Silver Helms

If you STILL have points after any of those moves... you COULD add Korhil + the White Lions hahah that'd be pretty fun. You'd just have to be careful as there's so few, but you could run them 7x2 and have a lot of mean attacks.

I'd try adding the kits + Archmage + Korhil and his white lions if you can

I'm trying to use what models you've got rather than saying "GO GET PHOENIX GUARD!"