PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 2500

iantheace
06-09-2014, 22:01
Warlord (2#, 264 pts)
1 ŚWarlord , 264 pts (Always Strikes Last; Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Verminous Valour; Hand
Weapon; Great Weapon; Shield)
1 Rat Ogre Bonebreaker (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Causes Fear; Stomp; Swiftstride)
1 World's Edge Armour
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 Skalm

Plague Priest (3#, 301 pts)
1 Plague Priest , 301 pts (Berserk Rage; Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand
Weapon; Plague Censer; Frenzy)
1 Plague Furnace (Berserk Rage; Frenzy; Large Target; Magic Resistance (2); Unbreakable; Immune
to Psychology)
1 Plague Monk Crew (Berserk Rage; Frenzy)

Plague Priest (1#, 164 pts)
1 Plague Priest , 164 pts (Berserk Rage; Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand
Weapon; Flail; Frenzy)
1 Dispel Scroll

Warlock Engineer (1#, 85 pts)
1 Warlock Engineer , 85 pts (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Verminous Valour; Level 1 Wizard;
Hand Weapon)
1 Warp-Energy Condenser

Skavenslaves (40#, 86 pts)
39 Skavenslaves , 86 pts (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon)
1 Pawleader (Hand Weapon)

Skavenslaves (38#, 82 pts)
37 Skavenslaves , 82 pts (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon)

Skavenslaves (40#, 86 pts)
39 Skavenslaves , 86 pts (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon)

Stormvermin (35#, 373 pts)
33 Stormvermin , 373 pts (Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std;
Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour)
1 Fangleader (Hand Weapon; Halberd; Heavy Armour)
1 Razor Standard
1 Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (Poisoned Wind Mortar; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)

Poisoned Wind Globadiers (5#, 50 pts)
5 Poison Wind Globadiers , 50 pts (Scurry Away!; Hand Weapon; Poisoned Wind Globes; Heavy
Armour; Skirmishers)

Poisoned Wind Globadiers (5#, 50 pts)
5 Poison Wind Globadiers , 50 pts (Scurry Away!; Hand Weapon; Poisoned Wind Globes; Heavy
Armour; Skirmishers)

Gutter Runners (5#, 90 pts)
5 Gutter Runners , 90 pts (Scurry Away!; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Sling; Throwing Star;
Poisoned Attacks; Scouts; Skirmishers)

Doomwheel (1#, 150 pts)
1 Doomwheel , 150 pts (Causes Terror; Immune to Psychology; Large Target)
1 Crew (Warlock & Rats)

Doomwheel (1#, 150 pts)
1 Doomwheel , 150 pts (Causes Terror; Immune to Psychology; Large Target)
1 Crew (Warlock & Rats)

Hell Pit Abomination (1#, 235 pts)
1 Hell Pit Abomination , 235 pts (Causes Terror; Large Target; Regeneration; Stubborn; Thunder
Stomp)

Warp Lightning Cannon (1#, 90 pts)
1 Warp Lightning Cannon , 90 pts
3 Engineer & Crew

Plague Monks (27#, 244 pts)
26 Plague Monks , 244 pts (Berserk Rage; Scurry Away!; Strength in Numbers; Musician Mus;
Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Frenzy)
1 Bringer-of-the-Word

EvanM
07-09-2014, 01:10
26 plague monks at 2.5 k is absolutely nothing. you need 40+
same for stormvermin. id even go 60 on them especially if you are gonna go razor banner. you need 40 or more at the least.

so +13 more plague monks, another couple of stormvermin and you can afford to remove some stuff. mostly you dont need that many wizards. id recomment you lose the second plague priest OR lose the warlock engineer to get the extra infantrymen.

also plague monks -----> plague banner. 30 pts of awesome

storm banner too is epic.

OH SNAP I just realized you dont have a BSB! you need one, its a must take or youre gonna lose (usually).

so thats my 2 cents

Thaddius
12-09-2014, 11:51
The lack of a BSB will cause you to have lots of problems. Skaven are one of the armies that REALLY benefit from having a BSB and are hurting without one. I would also consider dropping the HPA (as at least in my meta they are easy to deal with) and add a BSB. If you have any points left you might want to invest in a couple of rat darts.

EvanM
12-09-2014, 14:20
you cant NOT have at least one HPA. you need something that has high S attacks. if you dont have a helpit then the only thing that can kill anything is the wizard.

Thaddius
12-09-2014, 21:32
you cant NOT have at least one HPA. you need something that has high S attacks. if you dont have a helpit then the only thing that can kill anything is the wizard.

That's not true at all. The Skaven have a lot of things to kill with. The WLCs and doomwheels do a great job at that. Especially since no matter what the STR of the WLC, there is no AS against it. And with a level 3 and 2 on plague getting Wither is almost a guarantee. That should help with the low STR of the Skaven.

EvanM
12-09-2014, 22:55
yeah but you cant beat the price of the hellpit (in points).

i honestly love skaven but the way they play is kind of annoying. mostlyy you have to spam OP magic items or spells to actually kill anything while even the elites can barely kill anything on their own. 7th ed books SUCK

russellmoo
15-09-2014, 07:03
Remove the plague censor from the plague priest, you are going to have way too many plague monks touching the furnace to want them all to have to take toughness checks.
You want the plague banner
Your units of slaves might also not be large enough. Some horde units will chew through 40 slaves too fast for you to be able to capitalize on the situation. 45 is generally accepted as the minimum size for a slave unit to serve as a tarpit- if you want them just to chaff- take 20, however, we have better and cheaper chaff available.

The French Guy
20-09-2014, 14:05
Hi!
I agree with most of the comments above.

You need a BSB.
I would consider trading the 2nd Priest and Warlock for a Grey seer, but he would need a bunker.
You Bonebreaker Warlord can be Cannonball sniped as he doesn't have a unit of Rat ogres to hide.
I would regroup the Slaves as 2 blocks of 50 or 60.
You need 40 Monks + Plague banner with the Furnace.
Below 40 Stormvermins don't have enough punch.
I would give Warp spikes to the HPA, always good.

You should also cut some words off the army list, it would be easier to read.
Hope it helps!