PDA

View Full Version : Leadership banner on an unit & General in said unit ?

Lorcryst
09-09-2014, 12:24
OK, this may be a very silly question, but I'm not 100% certain of the answer and since I'm at work I cannot check my rulebooks ...

As far as my memory serves, the +1 Leadership magic banner states that you cannot use the army general's leadership for the tests the unit with the banner is required to take.

What happens if the General is inside the unit ? Characters pass their leadership to their unit, it's mostly the whole point of taking NG Heroes in gobbo units ...

So I'm stuck.

Does my General get +1 to his Leadership and then passes that boosted LD to the unit if both the banner and General are present in said unit ?

Or the unit cannot use his LD even if he's inside the unit ?

In the second case, the banner could be nice for an unit operating far on the flanks, outside the LD bubble of the General ...

BTW, yes, I know about the crown of LD, but I'm thinking about this for my Daemons of Nurgle army that can only take banners and weapons ...

thesoundofmusica
09-09-2014, 12:53
The unit with the banner cannot use the generals IP. That is all.

MOMUS
09-09-2014, 15:33
Since the dawn of 8th ed people have been using this exact combination for that reason.

you put the general In The same unit as the banner, that way the general can pass on IP +1 to the army and the unit has general Ld +1 according to the highest Ld rules.

Lorcryst
09-09-2014, 15:40
Thanks guys, I was almost certain but could not check the exact wording at work ... still three hours to go ...

I'm closing this thread, since I have my answer (and thus can finish my debate by ICQ :p).