PDA

View Full Version : Cult of Ulric/Empire lists questions.

Shimmergloom
23-06-2006, 16:27
Can the Cult of Ulric list take empire units that are not listed in it?

For example can an Cult of Ulric list take handgunners, lance armed knightly orders and have detachments of halberdiers for their warriors of ulric?

And likewise, can an empire army take the priest of ulric or any units of the cult of ulric in their list?

If the answer is yes to either of these, where can I find the rules saying so?

ZomboCom
23-06-2006, 16:43
The answer is NO to all of your questions.

There are no detachments at all in the cult of ulric.

Anything not listed in the ulric list can't be taken in an ulric army.

Ditto for normal empire armies, you can't use units from the ulric list.

They are two separate armies that share a few units and magic items, nothing more.

Shimmergloom
23-06-2006, 18:39
Thanks. Now is there an addition anywhere for a High Priest of Sigmar character to the empire army?

Or did they make any changes to the warrior priest to allow him to hate units with LD6 or less?

ZomboCom
23-06-2006, 19:19
Thanks. Now is there an addition anywhere for a High Priest of Sigmar character to the empire army?

Or did they make any changes to the warrior priest to allow him to hate units with LD6 or less?

Not as far as I know. The empire army is as it's written in the book, and ulric is as it's written in the annuals. There are no changes.

Falkman
23-06-2006, 19:41

There were, in a WD a couple of numbers back, rules for an Arch-lector of Sigmar, a lord level Warrior priest.
Don't remember his rules though, but I think he was for the normal Empire army, not the Cult of Ulric.

Griefbringer
23-06-2006, 20:15
Actually, regular Empire armies can field Warrior Priests of Ulric as hero choices - for specifics, see WD (UK issue 280 or 281) or Chronicles 2004 (page 13).

Shimmergloom
23-06-2006, 21:21
Ok, that explains it then. I was wondering why I was seeing those two characters in Empire armies.