PDA

View Full Version : Four Disc Riders - can I make an army out of them?

Math Mathonwy
13-09-2014, 11:34
Well, and some other stuff, too :D

But seriously, I have four amazing Disc Riders. I've been away from WHFB for a long while now and could really use some help.

Can I somehow field them all in a semi-competitive way? Daemons or WoC? What would make for a good support for them? With as low a minis count as possible while remaining competitive? How should they be equipped and what should the riders be? If aiming for 2400 tournament games.

GenerationTerrorist
13-09-2014, 15:37
I'm not sure it is even possible to fit 4 Disk Riders in a 2400pt WoC list unless you are going all Hero-level characters. If you raised it to 3000pts, I could give you a few tips from past experience:

Chaos Lord - MoT, Disk, Soul Feeder, Third Eye, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Change, Other Tricksters Shard
(1+, 3++ re-rolling 1's, crazy weapon, forces opponents in close combat to re-roll passed ward saves, potential to regain a wound)

Sorcerer Lord - Lvl4, MoT, Disk, Flame Breath, Scaled Skin, Talisman of Protection, Spell Familiar, Fencers Blades
(1+, 5++, WS10, 5 spells)

Exalted Hero - BSB, MoT, Disk, Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Sword of Might
(2+, 4++, 4 S6 attacks)

Sorcerer - Lvl2, MoT, Disk, gear to taste

Avian
13-09-2014, 15:56
Back in the old days I used to field lots of Disc riders in my WoC army (I own six) and though four is doable, I think two or three is sufficient. You could for example do (Sorcerer) Lord + Sorcerer + BSB + sacrificial Hero.

Math Mathonwy
13-09-2014, 17:41
Back in the old days I used to field lots of Disc riders in my WoC army (I own six) and though four is doable, I think two or three is sufficient. You could for example do (Sorcerer) Lord + Sorcerer + BSB + sacrificial Hero.
To tell the truth, your awesome army log was actually the chief inspiration for this idea :)

decker_cky
13-09-2014, 23:23
You can fit 4 in 2500 pts, you just can't fully kit everything. Something like this:

L4 Tz Exalted Sorceror equipped with talisman of preservation, enchanted shield and whatever else suits your fancy.

BSB w/ disc, armour of destiny, third eye, halberd and shield
Exalted hero w/ halberd, shield, charmed shield, talisman of endurance
Exalted hero w/ dragonhelm, dawnstone, shield

With marks and discs, that comes to 623 pts in heroes for me, meaning everything fits in 2500.

Josfer
16-09-2014, 11:32
1+ AS is totally fine if you can chose your enemies. Therefore Heroes can go with (points are for ex/sorc):
SS for 170/175
Enchanted shield for 155/160
Shield and dragon helm for 163 (only exalted)
With 600 pts allowance you have plenty of points left for BSB, GWs, an occassional ward save boost, luck stone, OTS, flaming or poison attacks, lvl 2/familiar/dispel scroll, etc.

MOMUS
20-09-2014, 11:53
Disc riders are actually pretty good, a friend recently played me with two (and DP), they work great supporting a fast warrior army and can be used to put pressure on before your chariots/horses/crushers hit.

ROCKY
21-09-2014, 02:07
you could also play end time rules and field 75% of your army from lord and hero sections (technically 50% each but u need that 25% core).

Thurisaz
25-09-2014, 01:08
Sure you can, as long as you get the 600 points core required. I think with those characters I'd use slaaneshi horserauders, hounds and chariots for core. When all your charactes fly, infantry is just too slow.

Nice to see you getting back on playing some good ol' Warhammer.