PDA

View Full Version : Summoning - Lore of Undeath

huitzilopochtli
13-09-2014, 14:13
Question regarding the summoning rules from lore of undeath - the rules say you can summon units with upgrades from their army list entry; will this include magic items/vampiric powers? Can I:

- summon a unit of grave guard with the banner of the barrows?
- summon a vampire with red fury?

The option to take magic items/powers is part of the units' army list entry, but I'm not 100% sure this was what was intended and would like to hear how others are using the rules.

SteveW
13-09-2014, 16:32
You get to make a unit/character of the points level of the spell. That's my understanding. So no duplicate magic items or vampire powers, everything else is fare game.

Spiney Norman
13-09-2014, 18:21
Question regarding the summoning rules from lore of undeath - the rules say you can summon units with upgrades from their army list entry; will this include magic items/vampiric powers? Can I:

- summon a unit of grave guard with the banner of the barrows?
- summon a vampire with red fury?

The option to take magic items/powers is part of the units' army list entry, but I'm not 100% sure this was what was intended and would like to hear how others are using the rules.

Yes I'm pretty sure you can do both those things (although you'd better bring Nagash or Arkhan if you want units of any meaningful size as the limit on the spell for all other wizards is 100pts). Just be aware that you can't summon a unit with the banner of the barrows if you already have one on the table.

huitzilopochtli
13-09-2014, 21:33
Great. Thanks for the responses!