PDA

View Full Version : Unit Destroyed - Characters remain...

larabic
13-09-2014, 16:00
Had this come up last week, a unit with wizard, army standard and general are in a unit. The unit is wiped out in hand to hand combat. But the 3 characters are still alive. What happens, are they still a single unit of 3 characters? How many break tests should be taken. Where in the rule book can i find something about this?

Thanks.

Mr_Rose
13-09-2014, 17:57
They're now a unit of three characters. The FAQ is the only place that really explains this.
They only take one break test because they're only one unit. N.B. if they weren't in combat and therefore ItP they'd take a panic check for their unit being destroyed. All other units within 6" still need to take that check anyway.

thesoundofmusica
15-09-2014, 15:46
N.B. if they weren't in combat and therefore ItP they'd take a panic check for their unit being destroyed.

Is this correct, whatever you're trying to say? ;)

Mr_Rose
15-09-2014, 17:12
Yes; according to the FAQ the new unit of characters would have to take a panic check because a unit was destroyed within 6" of them. Except since they're in combat they don't take panic checks, since that's part of the panic rules. It's not really Immune to Panic but it's close enough for the shorthand. At least I thought it was…

thesoundofmusica
15-09-2014, 18:04
Ah I see. ItP for me is Immune to Psychology, which is an actual thing. But I get it now :)

elthran
08-10-2014, 20:02
What do I do if this happens, but the 3 models are not in Base-to-Base contact with each other? Can I choose how to move them together?

Mr_Rose
08-10-2014, 21:04
That's another undefined aspect so yes, technically. But bear in mind that you will get funny looks if they don't end up in the formation they would have had if the unit was removed one model at a time, however.