PDA

View Full Version : Does the Ethereal special rule allow Undead to march?

Ramius4
16-09-2014, 14:42
Just like the thread title says. Can Ethereal troops march in an Undead army?

thesoundofmusica
16-09-2014, 15:00
It does not.

Ramius4
16-09-2014, 15:06
It does not.

Thanks, I didn't think so, but had to ask. Was playing Vampire Counts for the first time in over a year, and using some Hexwraiths the other day and they quickly got outside my General's marching range. It just struck me as an odd situation and it made them nearly useless since I had intended to 'jump' them behind the enemy lines, but couldn't.

I guess I'll have to adjust my tactics in the future when playing Vampire Counts.

Blkc57
17-09-2014, 03:13
Soundofmusic is correct, I can't find it at this very moment but I remember an FAQ that stated that the Ethereal rule just removed terrain penalties and movement through impassable but units still required all the normal rules for marching and their movement can still be affected by things like stupidity. if anyone can find the FAQ I'd be obliged.

Smogg
18-09-2014, 21:41
Q: Does a model with the Ethereal special rule still have to take a
Leadership test see if it is affected by Stupidity, or to march if an
enemy is within 8" (as failing may slow its move)? (p68)
A: Yes to both questions.

Wesser
18-09-2014, 22:45
It's why I don't use Hexwraiths

Got plenty of other units that depend on the General being within 12'......

Ramius4
18-09-2014, 22:54
It's why I don't use Hexwraiths

Got plenty of other units that depend on the General being within 12'......

Right. It would have been fine, but I just totally missed sight of that during my game and didn't account for it. I basically ended up just throwing my Hexwraiths away and not doing anything effective with them.

I'll use them sometime, but it'll be an army with a General designed to support their Movement.