PDA

View Full Version : New Orc Book = New Orc Boy Figs???

hunter4925
23-06-2006, 20:54
Does any know or have they heard rumors of if with the new Orc amy books release, if the basic Orc boy figs are being redone or will they keep their strange stance?

I am starting an Orc force for the new book and plan on doing a lot of converting, but if a new batch of orc boyz are coming I can hold out of them. Since we are on the topic, beside the obvious new Warboss box, Goblins, Spider Riders, and Trolls, what is suppose to be done new for the Orcs? Offical or not, all info is appreciated.

Vilicate
23-06-2006, 20:56
My source said no new boys models. Which is fine by me, I like the current ones a lot.

Zodiac
23-06-2006, 21:44
I hope they make new figures for orc boyz.. just as for goblins.
The typical orc in my imagination wears, OR no armor, OR --like my personal favourite unit black orcs, -- ALOT of armour.. So I hope they will make orc boyz.. More savage.. Because the current ones, look quite dull.. one has a cap.. one has nothing.. one has a helmet *very stupid one* One cannot see because he's wearing a monk's cloak.. the only head I like from the sprues is..
The standard Bearers head!.. So I hope they will make armoured orcs..
And NEW NEW NEW black orcs!

dirach
23-06-2006, 22:49
Where is the news or rumor in this thread?

Falkman
23-06-2006, 23:46
In the pics so far we have only seen the old boyz, so I think they might stay.
Which is fine by me, I've just bought a box of them and I think they're still great, perhaps some of the heads could be better, but otherwise they're good models.

gorenut
23-06-2006, 23:55
I think the boyz regiment stays. I think it's a good regiment box and Brian Nelson really made the orcs so much cooler. Though I really would like to see how new black orcs come out.

Shimmergloom
24-06-2006, 00:39
If anything, I'd like to see sprues and torsos added so you can make savage orcs out of the unit.

You can already make savages from them, but they still have the tunics. Which is fine, but it'd be great to have some proper savage torsoes.

Also 19 per box is stupid. Make it an even 20.

Falkman
24-06-2006, 00:42
Yeah, a Savage orc sprue would be a nice addition.

dirach
24-06-2006, 08:42
In the pics so far we have only seen the old boyz, so I think they might stay.
Which is fine by me, I've just bought a box of them and I think they're still great, perhaps some of the heads could be better, but otherwise they're good models.

No they're not they're terrible, they're too tall and have dislocated hips

Falkman
24-06-2006, 08:45
No they're not they're terrible, they're too tall and have dislocated hips
They're Orcs, that's how they look.

IkuTurso
24-06-2006, 09:09
Also 19 per box is stupid. Make it an even 20.

I agree. what kind of a number is 19 for a regiment box?

Falkman
24-06-2006, 09:09
Just enough to not be able to make two units ;)

Achilles
24-06-2006, 09:15
would u rather have 16?

Falkman
24-06-2006, 09:16
Me?
Not at all, I think 19 is perfect, makes a nice round 20 when you attach a character to it.

Sanjuro
24-06-2006, 09:55
Empire also get 19 soldiers per Soldier box.

Wanna bet that they get 16 when the new box is released?

TrollTyg
24-06-2006, 10:05
i would like to see the orc boxes get a extra boy in it, 19 boyz in a box is just lame :confused:
and you dont put a hero in every unit of orcs.
But if you want to make a unit of lets say 30 orcs you get alot of spares to make characters or mordheim warbands from.

asura
24-06-2006, 11:43
i hope they will redone savage boys !!! I think they will redone the actual orc sprue because they did it for the dwarf (and i hope that O&G will get more new minis than dwarfes, because these last one get no much news than i expected)

squiggoth
24-06-2006, 11:50

When the plastic Boyz were first released at the end of 5th edition, there were 16 Boyz in the box and some metal bits (three arms and a head) to convert three of them into a command group. When 6th edition was released, GW made a Command Sprue for the Boyz with three complete Command Orcs on it .... So now there's 16 + 3 in the box .... 19 Orcs.

Same goes for Empire Swordsmen. Off course, nowadays everyone is crying about why there aren't 20 Orcs in the box, and how GW is evil and eats puppies and all that. :p

Sanjuro
24-06-2006, 12:35
Same goes for Empire Swordsmen. Off course, nowadays everyone is crying about why there aren't 20 Orcs in the box, and how GW is evil and eats puppies and all that. :p

So you take me up on that bet, then?

Lady's Champion
24-06-2006, 12:42
At Dirach: stop being so policing- this forum can be for discussion of potential rumours too if it wants

dirach
24-06-2006, 15:50
At Dirach: stop being so policing- this forum can be for discussion of potential rumours too if it wants

mind your own bussiness. wtf is the use of a potential rumour???. here's a potential rumour for you: GW is going to make life size metal orc figures

antooon
24-06-2006, 16:00
^Thats true, and they are going to make lifesize Squats and Zoats too.

sherman0815
25-06-2006, 02:12
i think they´re fine and combined with the 40k sprue you can make hundreds of conversions...

Aekold
25-06-2006, 03:24
Hmm plz stop flaming each other now. okey?

Well i for one, was thinking of starting orcs again. But if no new boyz models. Well those that are now...are butt ugly. IMHO but they really are!? don't you think?

hiram
25-06-2006, 05:06
I hear tale of a special fanatic for the 7th ed release

Senbei
25-06-2006, 07:34
Special ? Y'mean plastic ? ;)

Destris
25-06-2006, 07:54
Special ? Y'mean plastic ? ;)

I might just be getting the wrong end of the stick here, but the new fanatics will be plastic anyway. ;)

75hastings69
25-06-2006, 08:33
I might just be getting the wrong end of the stick here, but the new fanatics will be plastic anyway. ;)

This has been known for ages. There will be 3 plastic fanatics on the sprues gontained in the new Night Goblin Plastic Regt box.

@ Hiram, What do you mean "Special Fanatic"?

squiggoth
25-06-2006, 09:50
Hmm plz stop flaming each other now. okey?

Well i for one, was thinking of starting orcs again. But if no new boyz models. Well those that are now...are butt ugly. IMHO but they really are!? don't you think?

The torsos are lacking in details (mainly on the extremely flat back) and the 6th edition single piece arrerz/double choppa boyz have some really horrible helmets. Apart from that they're still okay, but not as good as the Space Orks (who were made at the same time) and the Orc Command Group/Chariot Crew (who have much nicer torsos and very cool heads).

If you mix all those bitz and use the silly heads only sparingly, you'll end up with some quite spiffy Orcs. :)

pinball wizard
25-06-2006, 14:00
If you mix all those bitz and use the silly heads only sparingly, you'll end up with some quite spiffy Orcs. :)

I quite agree, spiffing

asura
25-06-2006, 14:41
i think people expect new savage boys instead of new ork boys...

Heph
25-06-2006, 16:35
The manager of my local store confirms that the WHOLE ork range is getting redone.

Aekold
25-06-2006, 19:45
The torsos are lacking in details (mainly on the extremely flat back) and the 6th edition single piece arrerz/double choppa boyz have some really horrible helmets. Apart from that they're still okay, but not as good as the Space Orks (who were made at the same time) and the Orc Command Group/Chariot Crew (who have much nicer torsos and very cool heads).

Well you have a point right there! :eek: Well havent really thought about that..hmmf.

And isent it expensive whit both boxes? i mean to make cool boxes i need 40k box of ork boyz and an fantsy one? hmm

pinball wizard
25-06-2006, 20:14
I cant see plastic savage orcs hapenning either

||-MARKO-||
25-06-2006, 20:20
The manager of my local store confirms that the WHOLE ork range is getting redone.

is that orks (40k) or orcs (fantasy). if its orcs, then im ****ed. i was about to buy a box of goblins

Falkman
25-06-2006, 20:34
is that orks (40k) or orcs (fantasy). if its orcs, then im ****ed. i was about to buy a box of goblins
Don't think there's a big chance of them all getting redone.
So far we have seen nothing to indicate new common orcs, savage orcs or common goblins.

||-MARKO-||
25-06-2006, 20:43
thank god for that. now im free to start my goblin army at will :D

Harry
26-06-2006, 08:48
Given GW stated aim of all core units available in plastic then they must be going to do savage orcs. I would expect them to look more feathers/forest savage than bone through the nose savage of the first savage orcs. To fit in with the new forest goblins....

......Surely we can all agree that with the spider riders in skull pass they must be going to make a box of forest goblin infantry..similarly feathered, with hand weapon, spear or bow options to go with them.

The Dark One
26-06-2006, 13:02
sorry to say but forest gobblins are not comming back they are just common goblin spider riders with feathers
anyone herd about a new wyvan

Zodiac
26-06-2006, 13:31
I hope they will make forest goblins, As long as they sort out the black orcs, boar boyz. orc figures, common goblins, characters, chariots, and warmachine's first.. then they can include stuff that I wont use anyway.

pinball wizard
26-06-2006, 19:12
i am sure that plastic savage orcs will not happen this year, besides there rubbish

Falkman
26-06-2006, 19:13
They can be good.
And besides, it's not all about the "best" units, many players want cool and fluffy units too.

asura
26-06-2006, 20:25
oO i heard about a new box of forest goblins... and i enjoy about it. I think it could be very great to get new minis from forest goblin, and maybe new savage boys who are included in the forest goblin army. I think a lot of people expect that and it 'll be a mistake from GW if they dont release it.

The Dark One
29-06-2006, 20:07
i have heard about savage orcs being done in plastic for this addition but i have heard more people say they won't:confused:
i have heard no were about forest gobbos comming back in fact all the staff i know say they aint comming back:cries:

Harry
30-06-2006, 10:40
Given GW stated aim of all core units available in plastic then they must be going to do savage orcs. I would expect them to look more feathers/forest savage than bone through the nose savage of the first savage orcs. To fit in with the new forest goblins....

......Surely we can all agree that with the spider riders in skull pass they must be going to make a box of forest goblin infantry..similarly feathered, with hand weapon, spear or bow options to go with them.

When I said this ...it was only wishful thinking on my part. On both counts.
I have nothing concrete on either...or I would have posted it in rumours.
The fact is, that there are no confirmed sightings from any of the sources of any of the best rumourmongers on warseer. That would suggest that niether savage orcs or forest goblins are being done in the near future or someone would have the heard.

asura
01-07-2006, 11:15
ok lets hope that GW will remake savage boys and new forest gobs...

asura
05-07-2006, 13:40
hope that they will release new savage boys, because the old models are all similar and ugly.

Gitt
10-07-2006, 17:58
i have heard about savage orcs being done in plastic for this addition but i have heard more people say they won't:confused:
i have heard no were about forest gobbos comming back in fact all the staff i know say they aint comming back:cries:

Indeed, when I first heard that new Spider Riders were being released, I was VERY excited and hopefully that they re-realeased forest goblins, and dissapointed when I heard that they wernet, but, after seeing detailed pics of the Battle for Skull Pass sprues, (cant be bothered to post a link, but there is good pics on the fantasy rumor roundup forum) the spider riders could easily have the bottom of thier spears filed down and get stuck to bases, they would make very nice foot gobbo's! Unfortunatly I havnt seen what the box-set sprues look like, It may be awkward making your whole army out of Battle for Skull Pass boxes... unless you have friends that want all the dorf's. Personaly Ive always liked single pose models, on a larger scale on a battlefield it looks more... uh... epic.

asura
11-07-2006, 18:51
what a shame, there are probably no new savage orcs for O&G...what a mistake from GW if they confirm that...