PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff in UK Advance Order

LOF
23-06-2006, 21:45
Here you go...

The following items are now available from the Games Workshop UK Online Store:
- Legions of Middle-earth (Expansion Book)
- The Two Towers (Expansion Book)
- Legion of the White Hand (Army Box)
- The Host of Cirith Ungol (Army Box)
- Defenders of Minas Tirith (Army Box)
- Muster of Rohan (Army Box)
- Eastern Raiders (Army Box)
- Uruk-hai Scouts (Plastic Boxed Set)
- Dunlending Warriors (Metal Boxed Set)
- Balrog (Plasic Boxed Set)
- Ugluk & Vrashku, Uruk-hai Captains (2 Model Blister Pack)
- Dunlending Command (2 Model Blister Pack)
- Feral Uruk-hai (3 Model Blister Pack)
- Theodred on Foot and Mounted (2 Model Blister Pack)
- Erkenbrand on Foot and Mounted (2 Model Blister Pack)
- Rohan Outriders (1 Foot model and 1 Mounted Model Blister Pack)
- Dunlending Warrior (3 Model Blister Pack)

Click for pics of all these sets (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301290&orignav=16)

Hope this is of interest!

Sniper Kelly
24-06-2006, 00:12
Thanks for the info!

Some nice stuff there, especially the Uruk scouts (I like those running poses!), but those Outriders seem expensive at £10 for foot and mounted models...

Stormtrooper Clark
24-06-2006, 18:22
Indeed, Imhrail is only 2 more and he's a hero. All outriders are, are warrioras, personally i was hoping for a single mounted Outrider in a 5 pound blister. Why would a 'outrider' be on foot, expecially condiering it's Rohan.

Outriders in history were always moble. Take the SAS's hit and run raieds in jeeps during the gulf war for example.

Lord Gordonis
24-06-2006, 18:33
like the urk captains they look sweet, also nice are the dunlending command, and the scouts w00t

Gondorian
24-06-2006, 18:40
Someone mentioned the outriders might be similar to mounted Dunadain Rangers. If that's the case you won't need as many, however the release of the two tower supplement will clarify this.

I like most of the new models, Theodred on foot looks a bit weird, not to mention old.

Shadowheart
24-06-2006, 18:41
Why would a 'outrider' be on foot, expecially condiering it's Rohan.

Usually because his horse was killed. Cool miniatures, anyway.

I don't get what's with this Vrasku guy. Did they just try to shove another Uruk-hai scout commander in on top of Ugluk and Lurtz? With a crossbow?

I wonder what Theodred is doing there... it might be like Elessar, where the pose is good from just about every angle except the one GW photographs it at.

Dr Death
24-06-2006, 19:40
Hmmm, so far so good for the most part.

Uruk Scouts- Some nice poses in there, and nice to see a wargear option there isnt too much of nowadays- Swords without shields. However i have a longstanding grudge against Lotr plastics stemming from the fact they're too small to stand well against their metal counterparts and the detail is too shallow to paint with any great skill. I still think there were more pressing things to turn plastic though.

Balrog- What really is the point? It's in the same pose as the original metal, its an lotr plastic which i've already expressed my dislike for and its no cheaper than the old metal one. I really cannot get what target audience GW are looking to clinch with this. People wont want a plastic Balrog, its the entire point of getting a big gribbly like that- you want a rock solid metal mini.

Ugluk and Vrasku- Ugluk is a joy to see released, really am looking foward to picking one of them up. Vrasku on the other hand strikes me as pointless, desparately trying to play up the plastic scout release.

Theodred- Another great BGiME exclusive which is gladly now part of the core system. The head on both looks deformed but im going to blame it on the painjob. The foot version is in a rather odd pose though isnt it? Kinda "i'll be in in a minute!" or else "talk to the hand, cos the face aint listening". Very much a pose to judge once seen in the flesh.

Earkenbrand- Profoundly uninspired particularly after weta's rohirric plate armour designs. Poses are both unique in the range and yet decidedly boring. Definately not my lord of westfold. Apparently the rules arent up to much either...

Feral Uruks- Again, i cant really see the point, particularly next to half orcs which could have made for the replacement as an evil troop. The models are mildly interesting but nothing really to get excited about.

Dunlendings- I'm quite impressed by these, they show a different side to the inhabitants of Dunland we only really get in the book and yet create a pleasent dissidence against what i now call the "hillmen" of weta's designs. The only thing that really lets these models down is the colourscheme (and possibly the slightly too real world helm and shield) which doesnt really show them off to their best. The cheiftain is a wonderful sculpt and the standard is nicely macabre.

Outriders- I cant quite tell whether GW went through with their frankly rediculous helmet design and i dont like rumblings of a rohirric equivilent of the Dunedain but as models these are pretty nice and far more diorama suitable than the stuff we've been given for the hero boxed set (something 'of rohan' name eludes me). With a little conversion they will make fine additions to my riders of rohan.

So a mixed bag really, some good, some bad. Some stuff still to look foward to though- the ents are coming:D.

Dr Death

Gondorian
24-06-2006, 20:08
Hmmm, so far so good for the most part.

Balrog- What really is the point? It's in the same pose as the original metal, its an lotr plastic which i've already expressed my dislike for and its no cheaper than the old metal one. I really cannot get what target audience GW are looking to clinch with this. People wont want a plastic Balrog, its the entire point of getting a big gribbly like that- you want a rock solid metal mini.

Ugluk and Vrasku- Ugluk is a joy to see released, really am looking foward to picking one of them up. Vrasku on the other hand strikes me as pointless, desparately trying to play up the plastic scout release.

Earkenbrand- Profoundly uninspired particularly after weta's rohirric plate armour designs. Poses are both unique in the range and yet decidedly boring. Definately not my lord of westfold. Apparently the rules arent up to much either...

Dunlendings- I'm quite impressed by these, they show a different side to the inhabitants of Dunland we only really get in the book and yet create a pleasent dissidence against what i now call the "hillmen" of weta's designs. The only thing that really lets these models down is the colourscheme (and possibly the slightly too real world helm and shield) which doesnt really show them off to their best. The cheiftain is a wonderful sculpt and the standard is nicely macabre.

Outriders- I cant quite tell whether GW went through with their frankly rediculous helmet design and i dont like rumblings of a rohirric equivilent of the Dunedain but as models these are pretty nice and far more diorama suitable than the stuff we've been given for the hero boxed set (something 'of rohan' name eludes me). With a little conversion they will make fine additions to my riders of rohan.

So a mixed bag really, some good, some bad. Some stuff still to look foward to though- the ents are coming:D.

Dr Death

I was really anoyed with the new plastic Balrog. Mostly because I bought the one that was released with Mines of Moria as I thought that another wouldn't be seen for a long while.

Vrasku might be intersting depending on the rules, at the very least it will encourage people to take heroes with projectile weapons. I rarely see captains these days, with the exception of elves, who are armed with anything other than a shield and comabt weapon.

I actually like Erkenbrand. I associate the style of Eomer's, Theoden's and Theodred's armour with the royalty of Rohan ie. only Royalty can wear that style, but that's just my picture of it.
I will be severly disappointed if his rules are screwed up.

Dunlendings and Outriders I think are cool. The rumour of being dunadian equivalent I heard long ago on this forum, so I wouldn't completely rely on it.

The Judge
24-06-2006, 22:27
Outriders are alright...but the plastic Balrog is the true kick in the teeth... same price as the metal, with no extras. The point?

Evisss
25-06-2006, 10:20
We have to wait and see how effective the outriders are in the game and if not this if they are good sculpts. I wouldnt mind then adding them to my small rohan scout force.

I am eagerly waiting for the osgiliath veterans to be shown or has anyone got a pic of them? ( not the concepts though)

Apple Dave
25-06-2006, 11:12
The Legion of the White Hand set seems alright so if i can get it a bit cheaper form somewhere i might get one. The Feral Uruks wont be of much use in my force considering the 6 Berserkers i already have, but depending on the rules for them im might pick up a pack.

I already have Ugluk so if i GW sell the Vrasku i may get one, again depending on the rules. The Cirith Ungol box looks alright but i wont get it just because i dis-like orcs. The Minas Tirith box doesn't appeal to me because i hardly ever play a Minas Tirith force.

As for the Rohan and Easterling box sets you can never have too many Rohan warriors to smash to pieces with your Uruks and the Easterling models just look damn good. Nothing else really interests me there except the books obviously. Although effectivness on the field is what will inluence my end decision the most and cash.

Lord of Change
28-06-2006, 14:20
the plastic balrog is a brilliant idea. especially as it comes with options as to which weapon you give it. plus it has a lot more realistic base and is easier to glue. although you have a point about the price. why is it still 35. ah well. i'll still buy one.

Avian
28-06-2006, 16:03
why is it still 35. ah well. i'll still buy one.
You have just illustrated the reason why it's still 35. :p

Notna_Highborn
29-06-2006, 21:40
It is really nice to know the new models beck in Sweden becouse it takes a while for the models to come to us. But now I can continue building armies. But not to much I don't know there status. Well, however I like the new models.

Lord of Change
07-07-2006, 16:52
You have just illustrated the reason why it's still 35. :p

Amen to that.