PDA

View Full Version : Zombie rpg Interest? Updated!

Cpt. Drill
23-06-2006, 23:50
I have had a zombie survival RPG written for quite a while which I would love to have run but Just never got around to.

So I was wondering If there would be any interest in a zombie survival RPG which would be pretty realistic (well... as far as zombies can be!)

Right.. now that there is a bit of interest showing... the setting would probobly be in England, Ideally the city of Bristol and all the characters would be.... a wide range of wargamers attending some communual wargames convention or tournement.... (or pub afterwards.. it doesnt really matter) All players would be asked to play themselves....

Now this idea may not work as I hear shouts of "I really do carry a shotgun and 500shells where ever I go" or "really I am trained in every single form of kung-fu"

As for posting, I would ideally like for every single player to post once per post of mine so we could have a nice spread of whats going on and really get the feel of a group....

The name of the game would be team work and problem solving.... oh and smashing zombies heads in with your new steel figure case... + concealed shotgun!

C. Langana
23-06-2006, 23:52
Extremely. I demand shotguns.

Cpt. Drill
23-06-2006, 23:54
Well there will be a very interesting twist to the story and character creation.

Gremore Dysart
23-06-2006, 23:56
OOOO is this inspired from urbandead? Well I'm in either way!

Chuffy
23-06-2006, 23:56
OH GOD ZOMBIES!!!

Sign me up baby.

Cpt. Drill
23-06-2006, 23:59
Well... I would ideally like about 4-6 players... could cope with less could cope with more!

Also semi regular posters as I would hope for everyone to be able to at least once every two days?

Gremore Dysart
24-06-2006, 00:02
Yeah thats fine with me, I'm on every day anyway.

Cpt. Drill
24-06-2006, 00:30
Right... just a few more.. the main thread has been updated!

bladestalker
24-06-2006, 02:19
I'm interested though I am writing a similar RPG for rebel minis.

Gremore Dysart
24-06-2006, 16:17
Main thread? Do you mean you have opened the IC thread already?

Cpt. Drill
24-06-2006, 21:18
no the original post!

It has been updated with ideas and rules!?

Gremore Dysart
24-06-2006, 22:14
Oh ok. I'll give it a look over.

Edit: Well to let you know, I have 3 belts in karate and one grade in kickboxing. I'm a fat midget, mildly strong. And i collect dark elves. Always carry my suppository shaped MP3 player.
I always dress in black. Wear a trenchcoat (black leather ofcourse :D). I own 0 weaponry but do own many heavy books (thank you DnD!).
Oh and if you know the rules for 3rd edition DnD you will know what i mean when my close friends understand that i am proficient with chairs and straws :evilgrin:. Ask The Pestilent 1. He has a scare on his hand from one of my straws.
So who cares about shotguns, all i need is a couple of chairs ;).

marineowar
26-06-2006, 08:46
I'm in.
Name: Mitch
Discription: 6' 1" little chubby around the gut, brown hair & eyes, goatee.
Stuff: Pen, nice sunnies, zippo, jeans, insulting t-shirt, keys
Short bio: Just finished year 12, did a bit of Kung Fu (truly) but can't really fight worth a damn. Likes warhammer, star wars, rpgs, driving fast. I've got a 1500pt marine army in a standard GW case. Plus some tanks (rhinos and raiders) in a metal case, similar to a tool box in size and weight.

EDIT: added army and method of transportation

Cpt. Drill
26-06-2006, 12:00
If everyone would be able to write a bio like the one above!

Dont forget to include what army you would have and how you are transporting it?

Just so I can get a look at official numbers of people.... Then hopefully we can begin!

Gremore Dysart
26-06-2006, 13:41
Name: Martin

Nickname: Jew

Discription: 5' 4", short, fat with long hair that is dyed blue/black

Stuff: New DnD book, McDonalds trash, Army, Magic deck, Assorted stationary and packed lunch.

Short bio: Being just 18 and only just past my driving test I don't acctually have a car at the moment but was on about getting one soon. Working 5 days a week borres me so i turn to hobbies and lots of them. I have a 2000 point army of dark elves, and got here by train. Also being fat and short makes me make fun of my self more than nothing and try to bring a little bit of comedy to where ever i go.
Have had zero experience with guns except for FPS and BB guns i use on my cousin.
Have had some short training in Karate and kick boxing. When in fight i tend to kick out and hope for the best.

Cpt. Drill
28-06-2006, 23:30
Right I have worked out an ending for the zombie story which you might be able to find.

Now if Bladestalker, C. Lanager and Chuffy still want to play can you put up a character withing the next day or two?

Chuffy
29-06-2006, 00:09
Name: James

Description: 5' 7" Messy ginger hair, This T-shirt. (http://www.achewood.com/shop/appm_dspec_premt_qsboy.php) Black jacket and blue jeans.

Stuff: Keys, lighter, wallet, a pencil and a mobile phone. A satchel carrying some of his army, but it also has a drawing pad in it and a DS. A GW carrying case with 2,000 points of Orcos y Goblinos in it.

Short bio: Not very strong or fast, but okay STAMINOR from walking up Cardiac Hill everyday. Not much experience in fights or anything of the sort, however he believes that you should always aim for the genatailia. Fired an air-rifle when he was 8, but aside from that, no experience from firing guns, except in FPS'es...:/ Hobbies include insulting people over the internet, Warhamster, animation and drawing, reading long-winded military history books and listening to techno/hip-hop/jazz music.

Doesn't talk much, pretty sarcastic, a complete and utter ****, is totally gay for Cpt. Drill.

Gremore Dysart
29-06-2006, 03:57
Come on people I am really wanting to play this!

Cpt. Drill
03-07-2006, 17:39
Im not sure if only three palyers will be anough guys...

Gremore Dysart
04-07-2006, 17:36
Why Won't People See Games Through?

marineowar
04-07-2006, 19:17
I'm still here, waiting for people to turn up

x-esiv-4c
11-07-2006, 17:21
Is this still going? If so i'd like to jump on the bandwagon.

Scarab Swarm
12-07-2006, 02:54
Yeah, if there's still interest, I'm gonna make that one character in every horror movie that doesn't die: the cute little kid.

Cpt. Drill
12-07-2006, 23:39
Well... with renewed interest I would love to run this rpg rather than let it die in one of my millions of notebooks...

SO if we can have a role call to see who actauuly is going to play that would be really nice!

marineowar
13-07-2006, 02:08
Me. I'll still play if people show up.

TheSonOfAbbadon
13-07-2006, 17:01
Name: James
Appearance: Mid-length brown hair, blue-grey eyes, black trousers, white shirt [not tucked in] and black trainers.
Weapons of choice: Spray paint + matches. Fwoosh!
Army: Space Marines and some Tau [500pts of each].
Method of transport: Train.

Question; what kind of zombies? The realistic kind? The resident evil kind? The slow and stumbling and won't ******* die kind? The fast kind?

Cpt. Drill
13-07-2006, 17:11
You will see!

Chuffy
13-07-2006, 22:24
Just to let you know, I'm still up for this.

Cpt. Drill
13-07-2006, 23:18
Well thats 5... If everyone wants to play then I can will happily start this up...

Tommorow I will post a set of rules and then we can work things out from there!

Cpt. Drill
16-07-2006, 00:30
Right!

The planning is pretty much complete.

Now I would like some input from you guys on this subject I am thinking if each of you are able to post once a day or every other day (your choice on how fast you want this thing to go) and I shall post whats happened from your actions and what happens next!

Also Ideally I would like for you to say things like "I swing my landraider at the zombies head" instead of "I swing my landraider at the zombies head hitting it causing it to explode and destroying the zombie threat! HUZZAH"

so you have to say what you are attempting and then I will say what happens!

Also feel free to roam... my play is pretty comprehensive and can adapt to almost anything!

Finally I want you all to play in character eg: yourself (now this was planned for me to play with a group of friends that I knew so I could judge how they acted) So I seeing as nnone of you have stated any super crime fighting ability I think I can judge that none of you are going to run headlong into a group of enemys and you all seem like a compassionate lot so you might all care about saving each other (but I could be wrong!)

Now finally a very prominant subject PLOTTING feel free to do this as much as you like just PM me anything that you want to do secretly or anything that you and a fellow survivor have discussed!

One other thing... what would you prefer to use? Real names eg: I am actually called Tom Clark or Cpt. Drill?

Well The main post will go up and we can begin!

Please add any comment to if you think some things need changing...

bob syko
16-07-2006, 13:55
I'd be interested though i've never done anything like this before, am I to understand that we write what we want to do on the forum and you tell us what happened. I'm in if you want me and I have the right idea what is going on.
If i'm welcome i'll write a profile, i'm on every day.

Cpt. Drill
16-07-2006, 13:58
I would be honoured if you would join!

BTW peeps main thread is up!

Cpt. Drill
16-07-2006, 14:17
Also if everyone could grad a different colour and post in that... all sensible ones please... it would be nice to easily recognise people writing?

bob syko
16-07-2006, 15:07
Should I write my profile here or on the main thread

Cpt. Drill
16-07-2006, 16:51
here please

bob syko
16-07-2006, 17:07
Name: Bob
Description: 6 foot 2 and fat, gives the appearance that i'm muscly to people that don't know me, makes old people and children walk the opposite way to me, can always be found unshaved and in a white T-shirt and jeans.
Weapon of choice: Flailing angry fists
Armies: 2000pts Ogre's and 1500pts salamanders, I carry them in a trditional GW model case(over-priced if you ask me).
Bio: Know nothing about fighting of any sort though I do have a massive collection of Kung-fu dvd's, always carry a pen with me just in case I get into a fight with someone bigger than me and have to buy sometime to run away crying. That's right I pen a short story to keep them entertained.