PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Ghoul King themed list looking for some feedback

Thaddius
26-09-2014, 10:14
Hey hey all! I'm changing things up a bit and switching from Ogres to VC but, I still wanted a list that could run at stuff without too much worry. I know themed lists aren't as competitive as a normal tournament list (which is fine) but, I don't want to give games away with this list either. The list on the whole seems pretty solid to me but someone might see something that I don't. Any input would be great, thanks in advance!

Strigoi Ghoul King
Infinite Hatred, Poisoned Attacks, Regeneration (5+), The Hunger, Undead, Vampiric
Aura of Dark Majesty (*), Curse of the Revenant (*), Lore of the Vampires, Summon Creatures of the Night (*), The General of Undeath (*), Wizard Level 1
Magic Items
AB - Skabscrath, BRB - Dragonbane Gem
Heroes

Necromancer
Undead
Wizard Level 2
Magic Items
AB - Book of Arkhan

Necromancer
Undead
Wizard Level 2
Magic Items
AB - The Cursed Book
Core

Crypt Ghouls
Poisoned Attacks, Undead
Champion, 39x Crypt Ghoul

Crypt Ghouls
Poisoned Attacks, Undead
Champion, 40x Crypt Ghoul

Dire Wolves
Slavering Charge, Swiftstride, Undead, Vanguard (FAQ'ed)
5x Dire Wolf

Dire Wolves
Slavering Charge, Swiftstride, Undead, Vanguard (FAQ'ed)
5x Dire Wolf

Zombies
Always Strikes Last, The Newly Dead, Undead
30x Zombie
Special

Fell Bats
Fly, Swiftstride, Undead
3x Fell Bat

Fell Bats
Fly, Swiftstride, Undead
3x Fell Bat

Vargheists
Fly, Frenzy, Stomp, Swiftstride, Undead, Vampiric
6x Vargheist
Rare

Terrorgheist
Death Shriek, Fly, Large Target, Regeneration (6+), Terror, Thunderstomp, Undead

Terrorgheist
Death Shriek, Fly, Large Target, Regeneration (6+), Terror, Thunderstomp, Undead

Wesser
26-09-2014, 11:47
If you don't want cavalry or Grave Guard I would suggest a Corpse Cart to help you out against them pesky elves. A unit of Phoenix Guard will have a munching day unless neutered a bit

Thaddius
26-09-2014, 13:25
Hmmmm, well I wouldn't mind dropping a necro for a corpse cart mount for the remaining necro. Though I just don't think I would have enough magic to keep my units up.

the_picto
26-09-2014, 14:57
I run a strigoi themed list myself. Your's looks good. Personally I just stick red fury on my king and then add a lvl 4 vampires necromancer.

If you have the Nagash book, you can run this exact army but call it legion of the undead. Your army won't crumble when the general dies.

Wesser
26-09-2014, 18:25
Hmmmm, well I wouldn't mind dropping a necro for a corpse cart mount for the remaining necro. Though I just don't think I would have enough magic to keep my units up.

Don't expect to raise all that much unless you build a dedicated list with Lvl 4 + Lvl 2 and preferably Blasphemous Tome or maybe spam lvl 1 Guys around the Blasphemous Tome

Unless you go all in then don't expect to get off more than one spell per magic phase... and often you'll prefer Vanhel's

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
29-09-2014, 04:39
1) the SGK is inferior to a vampire lord in nearly every way save being slightly cheaper. If you're going to take him then take advantage by squeezing a level 4 master necro.

2) I think that you're way over minimum core? Something to consider. Crypt horrors might be a better buy than 40 more ghouls.

3) 2x4 vargheists I generally find to be a better buy than one unit of 6. 6 is a bit too big to be effective as a flanking force, but still too fragile to throw at units in the front.

4) strongly suggest red fury on the SGK. It's the best way to make him points-efficient. VC lords and heroes are a bit overpriced for what you get, but red fury is drastically under costed for how much it increases their effectiveness by.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk