PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2250 point list.

Lord Hurin
30-09-2014, 03:38
Hey all, this is my first list in some time so it's probably a little rough. Last time I played, not every army had monstrous cavalry/ infantry. What can I say? I guess the End Times stuff has dragged me back into things. Here goes nothing!

Jarad Richart - 458pts
Vampire Lord; Level 4, Master of the Black Arts, Dark Acolyte, Shield, Heavy armour, Barded Nightmare

The Red Duke - 135pts
Vampire; Heavy Armour, Lance, Shield, Barded Nightmare

Osul Kreppt - 120pts
Necromancer; Level 2, Master of the Dead

Legion of Draesca - 180pts
30 Skeleton Warriors; Full Command

Undead Host - 180pts
30 Skeleton Warriors; Full Command

Defilers of the Mousillon - 200pts
20 Crypt Ghouls

Hounds of Undeath - 40pts
5 Dire Wolves

Wolves of War - 40pts
5 Dire Wolves

Royal Guard of Sylvania - 300pts
20 Grave Guard; Full Command with Banner of the Barrows

Goliaths of Mousillon - 228pts
6 Crypt Horrors

The Winged Shadow - 64pts
4 Fell Bats

Red Knights of Aquitaine - 300pts
6 Blood Knights

2245 points total.

gero_nz
02-10-2014, 00:40
Few comments/suggestions

Not a fan of the lord - 450 points on a lvl 4 combat monster, but not a single magic item and no melee powers - despite being mounted (implying he's going in with the blood knights). It's not the end of the world - I just think it's sub-optimal, but with no real benefit.

Suggest either a mounted blender in the blood knights, or a solid caster focus with a nice magic item or two - right now your poorly split between both

Give the necro a dispell scroll

Would be good to understand your logic behind some of the choices - like what's the second vampire for?

Combine the two skeleton units, but trim it (to say 40), then use the points to increase the ghoul size

I'd increase the GG unit if you want to take them, otherwise just scrap them - spend the points on the ghouls above, + a unit of zombies perhaps?, and some more wolves

I'd swap the fell bats for spirit hosts (2 individual units)

Again though it really all comes down to tactics - a bit of strategy would explain some of your choices, or maybe reinforce my above suggestions.

Cheers
A

Lord Hurin
03-10-2014, 02:09
Yeah, I was feeling like the Lord was a little too much of a jack-of-all-trades but I wasn't sure how to focus him. The Hero Vampire was meant to be a bit of a combat booster.

Is just one unit of Skellies going to be enough? I'd only have 3 infantry units then, which I guess may be enough but I haven't played in so long.

I'll try and pick up more GG to add to that unit. 30 should be ok, no?

I actually love the new Spirit Host models, and I had been thinking about getting them just to paint. I'll definitely get 'em now and that way I'll be able to use either or, depending on my mood.

Camman1984
04-10-2014, 12:35
At this points the vampire Lord caster is a bit pricey. If you want a level 4 caster go necromancer Lord (at this points) otherwise I would keep the vampire Lord to his basic casting level (maybe go for level 2) then kit him out for combat.

As for only having two infantry units don't worry, as long as they are big enough to hold the charge and be rebuilt a single horde can go a long. Particularly if your necromancer stands between them spamming invocation. Small skeleton units (I know 30 isn't technically small) don't last long enough to be healed back in time.

And if you really want more blocks, bring a bucket of zombies along with you and start casting raise dead.

How are you equipping your GG? I would usually go great weapon personally, strength 6 killing blow is wonderful and rips through units like nobodies business (even empire knights are looking at only a 4+ save versus them)

As far as I can tell both your vampires are joining the blood knights? Very nasty unit but also takes 893 of your 2250 points and one good redirect or a round of shooting will cripple you.