PDA

View Full Version : Raising dead models and new ranks

Invincible Sword Goddess
30-09-2014, 21:27
Quick question about Invocation of Nehek, Regrowth, and The Restless Dead:

The rules say that if you are raising dead models in a multi rank unit they must always be placed in the back rank.

I can see nothing about what happens if the back rank is full.

Do you:

a: create a new rank (this is how it worked in older editions iirc)
b: fill the back rank and any further models are not placed
c: fill the back rank, and then continue placing models in new files with no one in front of them (this can't be right, but going by the letter of the rules seems like the best answer)
d: something else.

I can't find anything about this in the FAQs or doing a google search for old forum threads, so this seems to be a simple answer that I am just missing. Any help?

Thanks!

Lord Zarkov
30-09-2014, 22:27
Quick question about Invocation of Nehek, Regrowth, and The Restless Dead:

The rules say that if you are raising dead models in a multi rank unit they must always be placed in the back rank.

I can see nothing about what happens if the back rank is full.

Do you:

a: create a new rank (this is how it worked in older editions iirc)
b: fill the back rank and any further models are not placed
c: fill the back rank, and then continue placing models in new files with no one in front of them (this can't be right, but going by the letter of the rules seems like the best answer)
d: something else.

I can't find anything about this in the FAQs or doing a google search for old forum threads, so this seems to be a simple answer that I am just missing. Any help?

Thanks!

Option a)
If you think about it if you have 25 models in a 5x5 square an you place a 26th model to form a 6th rank that model has in fact been placed in the back rank. Yes the back rank is now further back than it was beforehand, but it is still the back rank nonetheless.

Option c) is disallowed as (with the exception of characters in the front rank) you are not allowed to have models sticking out the side out of file.

bigbiggles
01-10-2014, 09:54
Back ranks are never full. Although it can be stopped by a unit or terrain close to your rear