PDA

View Full Version : Nagash VS

Arjac Ironfist
01-10-2014, 16:47
So I thought of this during my lunch break:

Nagash VS equivalent points in daemon slayers gives -

Daemon slayer, master rune of smiting, rune of might, rune of speed = 230.

Daemon slayer, master rune of swiftness, rune of might, grudge rune = 215.

Daemon slayer, master rune of snorri spanglehelm, rune of might, rune of speed = 195.

Daemon slayer, rune of might, grudge rune, rune of speed = 195.

Daemon slayer, rune of cleaving, rune of striking, rune of speed = 165.

Total = 1000.

And one very dead Nagash!

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
01-10-2014, 23:45
Round one Nagash casts the signature spell on one die, and places 50 skeletons in a one-rank line across the table. With the rest of his dice he attempts three more spells and gets off one, raising a unit of 9 vargheists. The next turn he raises 50 more skeletons and a casket. The next a terrorgheist, which screams at your slayers fighting the skeletons.

The fatal flaw in your plan is that you saw Nagash as a monster and tried to beat him with CC. Fighting Nagash isn't a slugfest, it's a race to see whether you can kill him before he raises enough units to smash you with.

Want to kill Nagash? Ruined up cannons. Runes up organ guns. Ruined up grudge throwers. Divide the rest by engineers. Don't stop firing until he's down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EvanM
02-10-2014, 00:38
If you are fighting nagash why not just take 3 runed up cannons and grudge throwers and all that stuff.

idols11
02-10-2014, 11:43
Empire can take 2 steam tanks and 3 cannons IIRC. Allowing you to potentially do 30 wounds if you roll very lucky.

teafloy_the_damned
02-10-2014, 11:52
The only character i know of that could possibly deal with him in combat is this:

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch, on Disc with shield
Talisman of preservation: 3+WS
3rd eye of Tzeentch: RR1's on the WS
Helm of many eyes: ASF, Stupidity
The other tricksters shard: Nagash rerolls sucessfull ward save
Warrior bane sword: Every wound caused to your enemy, looses that many attacks permanently
Unholy strike: Exchange all attacks for 1 attack at double strength, D3 wounds

Hes got the speed to get past all Nagash's Summons
Vs Nagash, he'd have a 6+AS 3+WSrr1
1 Attack hitting on 3+rr, wounding on 2+
Nagash would be RR his ward save and suffering D3 wounds
Every wound he takes, he looses that many attack perminatly

Spiney Norman
02-10-2014, 13:46
So I thought of this during my lunch break:

Nagash VS equivalent points in daemon slayers gives -

Daemon slayer, master rune of smiting, rune of might, rune of speed = 230.

Daemon slayer, master rune of swiftness, rune of might, grudge rune = 215.

Daemon slayer, master rune of snorri spanglehelm, rune of might, rune of speed = 195.

Daemon slayer, rune of might, grudge rune, rune of speed = 195.

Daemon slayer, rune of cleaving, rune of striking, rune of speed = 165.

Total = 1000.

And one very dead Nagash!

Ok, I don't want to be unkind here, but how many turns is it going to take your slayers to cross the 24"+ of table that will separate them from Nagash at the start of the game, now assume he is going to summon one-two units of 300-600pts on each of those turns.

Whats more you might want to consider that Nagash's basic movement value is double that of your dwarfs so even if they manage to get across the table, slugging their way through multiple skeleton warrior/archer hordes, large formations of black knights and Morghasts etc they will still have a torrid time trying to catch him if he doesn't want to be caught.

And thats assuming the Nagash player doesn't do something incredibly boring, like try to incinerate the slayers with a high level burning gaze...

Even the chaos build above would struggle a little I think if the Nagash player was smart, all he has to do is summon a horde of skeletons in front of him so that the disc cannot contact his base without overlapping them and he remains unchargable. Then its a case of keep behind his tarpits, or summon new ones.

Josfer
02-10-2014, 14:14
Even the chaos build above would struggle a little I think if the Nagash player was smart, all he has to do is summon a horde of skeletons in front of him so that the disc cannot contact his base without overlapping them and he remains unchargable. Then its a case of keep behind his tarpits, or summon new ones.
That's why you have a chimera or two with that guy so you slam into that horde, absolutely demolish it, the remains crumble and you overrun into nagash (while the chimera restrains).

Arjac Ironfist
08-10-2014, 23:06
This wasn't meant to be in a tactical pitched battle, just straight up cc one on one lol

Spiney Norman
08-10-2014, 23:32
This wasn't meant to be in a tactical pitched battle, just straight up cc one on one lol

Right because assuming that 1000pts of tooled up close combat heroes can just engage 1000pts worth of high end caster without the caster getting off a single spell is obviously a fair and balanced simulation...

That's why you have a chimera or two with that guy so you slam into that horde, absolutely demolish it, the remains crumble and you overrun into nagash (while the chimera restrains).

Assuming the Nagash player has the models available to summon whatever he wants the skeleton horde is going to have 75 bodies in it and Nagash reduces their crumbling total by two, even with a couple of Chimerae I think you might struggle to do that much damage to a skeleton unit in a single turn. You'd still need to realistically inflict about 40 wounds on the unit, which is a lot to be taking out from attacks alone, and if you don't get that overrun Nagash is moving out of arc and summoning another 75 skeletons next turn.

Josfer
09-10-2014, 13:25
14 chimera attacks, 5 CL attacks, 4d6 flaming breath hits, 2d6 thunderstomp hits, 3 mount attacks...if you are the luckiest guy in the world, this could inflict 40 wounds ^^ You just have to roll sixes on every flaming breath and thunderstomp attack number roll, everything else would be average ;)
Realistically the numbers are more in the realm of 27 (if armor 6+ or worse and no ward save)...

...75 skeletons with one cast? Wow...