PDA

View Full Version : GW website not updated?

Bronka
24-06-2006, 13:17
Did I miss something, or was the GW website not updated yesterday? As far as I can see it's the same as it has been all week, and they've always updated on Fridays in the past.

I needs me fix!

Some guy (UK)
24-06-2006, 13:23
I noticed it, and let out a long big 'meh'. You probably ain't missing anything, even the online articles aren't really anything special- but I'll give you better than some WD ones. They do seem to have updated the store though. Maybe they have changed the day, or just simply left it as it was.

Later, Some Guy

Satan
24-06-2006, 13:27
One of their servers/drives have been fried. It's the reason why Fanatic Online hasn't been issued yet for instance, I'd imagine this is because of the same thing.

The Judge
24-06-2006, 22:20
That is rather annoying... but it's not like they simply stopped without a reason.

Bronka
04-07-2006, 18:00
One of their servers/drives have been fried. It's the reason why Fanatic Online hasn't been issued yet for instance, I'd imagine this is because of the same thing.

Well if that's true then it's now been fried for over a fortnight - the last update was on the 16th of June. Those guys really need to get their act together. It's starting to seem pretty unprofessional.

kermit
04-07-2006, 18:55
I received an email from GW Canada saying that they are having technical difficulties with updates to their website and they are currenlty working on it...

Seems weird that all the GW sites would be down... I would think that the each country would have their own servers....

Dat Wildboy
04-07-2006, 20:52
i was wondering about this. right! time to write an angry letter. i needs my fix too. i can feel withdrawl symptoms already! :cries:

maybe if we all sit quietly and wait, quietly wishing that change would happe, through our combined psychic might may update the site.

what else can we do? pray to the machine god? now theres a thought....

Tooooon
04-07-2006, 21:20
I cannot wait until that "Giant!" bit is removed off the main page. Its been driving me crazy, and trust me it does NOT make me want to buy a giant....

Osbad
05-07-2006, 09:36
Tooooon: Just Adblock it! It works for me...

Finn Sourscowl
05-07-2006, 10:37
According to the latest WD Online, they've got "snotlings in the works" and it's preventing them updating anything...

Maybe a disgruntled ex-emplyee has sent them a virus?

x-esiv-4c
05-07-2006, 13:48
They update?

cpl_hicks
05-07-2006, 13:54
well the fanatic newsletter says that the 'bribed' some one in the IT department to get the fanatic issue up

but having a five week down time is bad, it was probably the most expensive item that went, or the oldest item, which would explain the time delay

cookiescrumble
05-07-2006, 13:58
I don't even bother going on the site, steer onto the online store now and again to see the new releases.

Bronka
13-07-2006, 01:17
What do you think the odds are on them updating this Friday? Slackers....... :rolleyes: