PDA

View Full Version : How many supporting attacks do swarms get?

elthran
05-10-2014, 22:24
I assume the second rank gets one supporting attack and any ranks behind the second get 0. Is this correct?

SteveW
06-10-2014, 00:03
none

words n stuff.

elthran
06-10-2014, 01:10
Where does it say this? Under swarms it doesn't say this, under supporting attacks it doesn't say this, and under skirmishers it says 'skirmishers make supporting attacks as normal'. I read all three sections and it never says anywhere that swarms don't get supporting attacks. I believe you, but I'd love to see where in the book it is.

SteveW
06-10-2014, 01:38
Its 1. Don't know what I was thinking.

FatTrucker
06-10-2014, 12:12
Can swarms even have ranks?

furrie
06-10-2014, 12:13
yes, but I'm not sure if they count for combat results etc.

Josfer
06-10-2014, 13:59
They don't as they are skirmishers.

Lorcryst
07-10-2014, 10:11
As far as I know, there was an FAQ somewhere stating that Swarms are a kind of Infantry with added special rules (Skirmishers and Squish mostly, plus Unstable or Daemonic Instability where applicable).

So they do indeed make ONE supporting attack per base when in the second rank, never count as having ranks for static combat resolution purposes, and can assault a warmachine with six bases considered in contact (Assault Team) and a building with ten bases (Assault Party).

It's really almost the only viable point of Swarms, bad WS, bad Ld, almost no save (except Nurglings I guess), but they do "swarm" around things with great numbers.

Stalfos
08-10-2014, 12:16
So in the FAQ, montrous beasts and Monstrous Cavalry now have the Monstrous Support rule. In the case of a monstrous cavalry model with a monstrous beast for a mount, would the mount get up to 3 supporting attacks, or only the rider? If not, I'm sad for the Ripperdactyland other such units

Lorcryst
09-10-2014, 15:48
Cavalry units only get Support Attacks from the riders ... so no, the mounstrous beast mounts in the second rank don't get any attacks.

Mr_Rose
09-10-2014, 16:20
So in the FAQ, montrous beasts and Monstrous Cavalry now have the Monstrous Support rule. In the case of a monstrous cavalry model with a monstrous beast for a mount, would the mount get up to 3 supporting attacks, or only the rider? If not, I'm sad for the Ripperdactyland other such units

There's no such thing as "a monstrous cavalry model with a monstrous beast for a mount": monstrous beasts that gain a rider lose both the monstrous beast type and whatever type the rider had and both parts together become monstrous cavalry and nothing else. The monstrous cavalry rules are the only ones that apply.