PDA

View Full Version : End Times Nagash No Longer Available?

Grimmeth
09-10-2014, 07:18
I had a copy on order from GW direct for when it came back into stock - it has been cancelled this morning and looking at the GW website it says that the product is now no-longer available.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Nagash-English

Are we to assume there won't be another re-print now? Seems a little strange as it's somewhat the cornerstone of the next 6 months + of Fantasy...

Evil Hypnotist
09-10-2014, 07:48
A birdie told me GW's printers had to pulp a million copies because GW didn't think they would sell them. I can't see them reprinting after doing that.

EDIT: I believe it is available in electronic format though

Grimmeth
09-10-2014, 07:53
Only on IOS I think? If it is available as an ebook format then that wouldn't be so bad at all.

The Underdog
09-10-2014, 08:36
Yeah I've had the exact same thing happen this morning and I'm furious. I've been patiently waiting for the book to come back into stock and then waiting don't order only for this to happen on the day I was due to get it. And now it looks like it won't be available at all! I know there's not much I can do and I'm not really interested in a digital product. I just wish there was more communication over what will and won't be available long term. Do I need to start panic buying everything on launch day? The fiasco over magic/data cards lately has been bad enough but this is getting insane! Sorry for the rant, I'm just really annoyed by this this morning.

N00B
09-10-2014, 08:50
It seems a little odd. I thought they had been selling out of these? To sell out so quickly but then think the rest wont sell? Odd.

On the other hand maybe there are even more exciting products about to be released and it is removed to free up warehouse/shop space.

Grimmeth
09-10-2014, 09:25
Yeah I've had the exact same thing happen this morning and I'm furious. I've been patiently waiting for the book to come back into stock and then waiting don't order only for this to happen on the day I was due to get it. And now it looks like it won't be available at all! I know there's not much I can do and I'm not really interested in a digital product. I just wish there was more communication over what will and won't be available long term. Do I need to start panic buying everything on launch day? The fiasco over magic/data cards lately has been bad enough but this is getting insane! Sorry for the rant, I'm just really annoyed by this this morning.

I've sent a bit of a fiery email to GW customer support about it. Biggest problem I've got at the moment is that I paid for it at my local GW and had it shipped to there so have already been charged for the item.

Said GW isn't open until tomorrow due to staff holiday and I'm not sure if the guy covering will know how to help specifically (as he's on a 0 hour contract with minimal training)

So at the moment I'm 50 down with nothing to show for it...

Lord Hurin
09-10-2014, 09:32
Hmm, it's still available on the Canadian GW site. ****, I wasn't planning on buying it just yet but at this rate I may have to.

The Underdog
09-10-2014, 09:38
@grimeth: yeah exactly the same here. Paid in cash. I have no doubt that the staff in my local gw will refund me later today as I'm due to head in for a game but it's the lack of warning or proper apology I'm upset by. They'll be getting an angry email from me too. I wouldn't mind but there was no warning this was limited stock or anything. I assume they've had supply issues with the delivery they expected or something but I'd appreciate being informed of it was going to vanish this quick.

Wonder what the shipping from Canada would be.....better than the eBay resellers want? Lol.

Spiney Norman
09-10-2014, 11:11
Wowsers, this whole 'limited ed' culture that GW is developing is getting totally out of hand, (you have no idea how much trouble I had to go to to get hold of the new dark Eldar data cards last week) there was no indication at all that the end times books would limited at all, let alone to have sold out completely within 6 weeks.

Voodoo1
09-10-2014, 11:23
Do they not keep running inventories? Someone purchases a copy that is not in stock at their local GW.Can't they look up and say, hey there are extra copies at store #123. we will ship one from there?

Old School
09-10-2014, 11:52
Don't worry, I'm sure this LE printing won't be re-released in a year or two as an EXTRA LIMITED EDITION with an extra 5 pages that the original LE version didn't have.

/irony

draccan
09-10-2014, 12:17
Strange... I had no idea these were limited...

The bearded one
09-10-2014, 12:28
Odd, I didn't think it was limited (nor was it ever said to be). Maybe what they mean is they ran out of stock for a while before they will be able to print another million of these suckers. I'm gonna enquire about this when I'm in the local store again, maybe they know something.

Hulkster
09-10-2014, 12:35
I am glad I managed to get mine now

Grimmeth
09-10-2014, 12:52
When (if?) I get a reply back I'll let people know what is said.

There was no indication whatsoever that this was going to be a limited run - it looks like someone has dropped the ball somewhere.

Horus38
09-10-2014, 12:53
On their website this morning (the American one) the book has an extra blurb: "After weeks of being out of stock this stunning volume is back by popular demand." and it can be ordered/added to the cart. So not sure what this "limited edition" talk is about.

Hulkster
09-10-2014, 12:54
Please do Grimmeth. This Limited Edition stuff is getting old

Col. Tartleton
09-10-2014, 13:39
I think its not available because they don't have them on hand. It doesn't mean they're canceled. I don't think they do "Out of Stock."

tristessa
09-10-2014, 13:42
They sent new stock out to stores earlier this week. They haven't pulped them as far as I know. Would be very weird.

The Underdog
09-10-2014, 13:52
@col tartleton: I'm not so sure. It was previously listed as 'no longer available' and offered an option to be informed when it returned. It is now simply 'no longer available'. I hope you're right but I have my doubts.

Grimmeth
09-10-2014, 14:16
It was available to order end of last week, which I did.

Order was cancelled this morning and the website was changed from 'Out Of Stock' to 'No Longer Available.'

Grimmeth
09-10-2014, 14:48
Right, I've just got off the phone to GW as I was annoyed with waiting. Apparently the book has been massively understocked and oversold.

Played my face a little (it didn't really take a lot) - inconvenient to get back to the store to get a refund, opening hours blah blah blah and got offered a refund in vouchers for the book as well as another 50 for the inconvenience.

So 100 to spend in the webstore - I'll take that as a win.

Epicene
09-10-2014, 15:02
Looks like I'm going to have to bum 50 off someone to buy this book if they still have it in stock at Brighton. ~sighs~ Nothing is ever simple these days. GW seem happy to keep supplying new copies of ancient books like Warhammer Armies: Brettonians, which isn't going to be flying off the shelves, but when a book is OVERSOLD, they don't print more and simply delist the item.

No wonder this company has been in trouble.

Ludaman
09-10-2014, 15:20
If I had to guess I'd say that the fact that they probably have a massive order for the next end times book in at their printers, along with whatever end times book follows that one, along with whatever army books they have coming up, have probably forced them to take it down for at least the next six months. Now if it was my business I'd hire a separate printer and have the Nagash books printed out by them even if it was at slightly less profit to me, but it's not my business so if I were one of you guys who couldn't get the book I'd go find it on eBay

Spiney Norman
09-10-2014, 15:34
If I had to guess I'd say that the fact that they probably have a massive order for the next end times book in at their printers, along with whatever end times book follows that one, along with whatever army books they have coming up, have probably forced them to take it down for at least the next six months. Now if it was my business I'd hire a separate printer and have the Nagash books printed out by them even if it was at slightly less profit to me, but it's not my business so if I were one of you guys who couldn't get the book I'd go find it on eBay

I doubt it, the book is due to be hitting the shelves at some point in the next three weeks, if its not already printed they are not going to be hitting that target. I would guess the print run for the second book will not be any bigger than the run for Nagash. Their books are probably printed a couple of months in advance of the release date, maybe more. There is a chance that the demand for the first book might have a bearing on the length of the print run of the third (depending when we are due to see it), but not one that is due for immanent release .

Ludaman
09-10-2014, 15:35
I doubt it, the book is due to be hitting the shelves at some point in the next three weeks, if its not already printed they are not going to be hitting that target. I would guess the books a re probably printed a couple of months in advance of the release date, maybe more. There is a chance that the demand for the first book might have a bearing on the length of the print run of the third (depending when we are due to see it), but not one that is due for immanent release .

True, but there could also be a fourth book we still don't have confirmation on whether or not there will be a skaven and Elf end times book

The Underdog
09-10-2014, 15:36
Thankfully I've had a similar response to grimmeth. Spoke to Pete at customer services and got a refund and a 50 voucher. I managed to find a copy of Nagash at a local independent store so I have the book. For those still looking it seems outlook games has a couple. Phoned them this morning and they said they had two but I didn't need to order from them in the end.

Mike3791
09-10-2014, 16:06
It's available on the U.S. store

rmeister0
09-10-2014, 16:12

If they're still printing in China they could order a bunch today and there'd still be several months lag. People who work in supply chains that include manufacturers in Asia frequently talk about the "slow boat from China", and they're truthful. Your order may get loaded on a boat, it sets sail, stops in another port on its way to you, and sits waiting for cargo. Add additional stops and waits.

Even if they went with a local printer, they may not have capacity available.

It's also possible that they ordered more and the printer under-delivered.

There is, however, no excuse for the poor communication on display.

Eddie Chaos
09-10-2014, 16:51
Just got off the phone will GW customer services.

I ordered my book in store last Saturday, paid and received an email this morning saying the order had been cancelled.

Anyway customer service lady said they were shipping a load over from Australia and she will be emailing everybody tomorrow.

She also confirmed that once its gone its gone. No reprint.

HelloKitty
09-10-2014, 16:51
Glad I got my copy right away.

phlewis
09-10-2014, 18:12
I pretty much assume anything coming out that isn't an army book or the main rule book is going to be limited. That just seems to be GWs current method of operation. If I think I will want it I try to get it as soon as it comes out.

Darnok
09-10-2014, 18:25
Have a great product, that sells despite its high price, but stop selling it after six weeks. GW - genius!

But that is what you get for outsourcing your printing to the cheapest bidder in China: no control at all about timely reprints, no chance to react to higher demand. I guess this will produce quite some ill will towards GW.

Ludaman
09-10-2014, 18:26
I pretty much assume anything coming out that isn't an army book or the main rule book is going to be limited. That just seems to be GWs current method of operation. If I think I will want it I try to get it as soon as it comes out.

If anything it lends a little more weight to the idea that 9th may be a ground-up rebuild, invalidating all previous books.

Col. Tartleton
09-10-2014, 19:07
I would guess they're going to do smaller prints after the initial large print because they don't want to get stuck with tens of thousands of them in stock. This could lead to them being unavailable on and off.

Games Workshop should do a large but limited run, then partner with a print on demand company to cover the rest of the consumers. I mean that's a thing now...

Darnok
09-10-2014, 19:16
I would guess they're going to do smaller prints after the initial large print because they don't want to get stuck with tens of thousands of them in stock. This could lead to them being unavailable on and off.

Games Workshop should do a large but limited run, then partner with a print on demand company to cover the rest of the consumers. I mean that's a thing now...

While in general this is not a bad idea, in this case it is a very bad strategy. The Nagash book is the first in a series of books - so imagine what a customer thinks when he gets #2 or #3 and then asks for the first one... "sorry, bad luck there".

nathan2004
09-10-2014, 19:30
Okay so y'all convinced I'm ordering mine off the US GW site when i get home today.

Urgat
09-10-2014, 20:09
Weeeeeeeell...
I was thinking of postponing my purchase of the second one for a couple months... guess not.

duffybear1988
10-10-2014, 10:45
Have a great product, that sells despite its high price, but stop selling it after six weeks. GW - genius!

But that is what you get for outsourcing your printing to the cheapest bidder in China: no control at all about timely reprints, no chance to react to higher demand. I guess this will produce quite some ill will towards GW.

Maybe GW have a secret stash and are going to sell them on ebay for 3 times the price. :shifty:

aprilmanha
10-10-2014, 11:00
Do they not keep running inventories? Someone purchases a copy that is not in stock at their local GW.Can't they look up and say, hey there are extra copies at store #123. we will ship one from there?
They do, but if its still the same system I used about 3 years ago its a real dinosaur system and you have to manually search for these things and then phone the store to request it be shipped out.
The stores also have no real system in place for shipping things out so its all a bit adhoc.

I didn't have to do it often and usually tried to convince the customer to just go get it themselves from the other store and begged the other store to hide it till they got there.

EDIT: On this news however I might well scout around the local stores and try to snap up a copy for myself to pass on to people who might have missed out in other parts of the country :P

N1AK
10-10-2014, 11:08

The fact it sold well for the first 6 months doesn't mean it will continue to sell well in future. They may well release the story elements of the End Times series as a combined book once the End Times releases are completed. The Nagash book isn't needed to use the new models.

As to the digs at GWs choice of printers. The general feedback seems to be that the book is good quality and looks great so it seems like you're trying to find issues to back up an already existing negative opinion. I doubt there choice to re-print a book or not have much at all to do with the printers and is purely about the cost per unit of a new run for the quantity they think they need.

All that said, as someone who hasn't bought it yet and was quite likely to pick it up at some point I would have liked it to remain available.

Baragash
10-10-2014, 11:12
My local store's FB post today:

I HAVE 2 (AND ONLY 2) COPIES OF "NAGASH:END TIMES" IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!
this has completely sold out online and in many stores so it looks like this will be the last lot of these I will be getting FOREVER! so if you don't want to miss out you'll need to act fast.

N1AK
10-10-2014, 11:14

I'd bet on them not doing another print run. The new model rules are included with the kit and the ability to merge armies Undead Legion style will become part of the next version released next year. Think of the Nagash book as a large story book (which GW doesn't continually stock) with a couple of thematic game elements thrown in.

GW aren't going to go with a print on demand company for books like this. They've made quality a core focus and there's no way they'll get high quality printing for that hardback format at anything approaching the price they've sold the mass printed version for. They likely see digital publication as the way to sell publications after the initial release.

aprilmanha
10-10-2014, 11:18
Still Its nice to know that since the book is no longer in production, I will not be expected to play end times games by default.

DeathGlam
10-10-2014, 12:18
Well that is annoying, was holding out to buy this and any future books in the series when money should be a lot better for me in a few months, hopefully they do a reprint once all of them are released. :(

BorderKing
10-10-2014, 12:21
I'm trying to chase up my order now thanks to this thread and UPS' incompetence.

Murgatroyd
10-10-2014, 14:46
Looks like the physical book is gone from the US store entirely. Link/image on the US homepage is grayed out, takes you to http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Nagash-English?_requestid=2612099, a 404 page.

glados
10-10-2014, 17:24
Well if there is one thing this has shown, its that a Fantasy item has vastly exceeded GW's expectations. This is great news.

I'm still 50/50 on if I should get the book or not. Doesn't seem like much more than just fluff (as good as it is), I think I'd rather save it for future codexes or models.

Darnok
10-10-2014, 18:05
I'm still 50/50 on if I should get the book or not. Doesn't seem like much more than just fluff (as good as it is), I think I'd rather save it for future codexes or models.

Depends on what you are looking for. The "rulebook" has rules for many different special characters, a few new terrain rules, of course the Undead Legions and the lore of magic for it, and a plethora of scenarios. And the background is excellent.

still-young
10-10-2014, 18:34
Well that sucks. I was gonna ask for it for Christmas :(

mostlyharmless
10-10-2014, 18:48
It's a shame you guys aren't close. My FLGS (not a goddamned GW) has three copies in stock. They didn't even stock them until I asked about the book and they ordered it for me. It resulted in a few additional sales, as they ordered a few in addition to mine.

aprilmanha
10-10-2014, 19:17
It's a shame you guys aren't close. My FLGS (not a goddamned GW) has three copies in stock. They didn't even stock them until I asked about the book and they ordered it for me. It resulted in a few additional sales, as they ordered a few in addition to mine.

Snap those up if you can then and get them on ebay for a quick profit :P will do your wallet and your FLGS good to :D

still-young
10-10-2014, 20:16
The place I usually buy stuff from has a few, but apparantly they can't ship them because of some GW policy, and it's too far for me to go. I'll have to check my local GW I guess but then I have to pay retail -.-

Mithrilherz
10-10-2014, 20:21
German version is still available. I ordered my copy directly, but no one else in my gaming group did so far.

The Underdog
10-10-2014, 20:40
Strangely after the lengths I went through yesterday I got an email from GW apologising for the cancelation I my order (blamed on trolls eating the orders....) and informing me the book would be shipped after all..... Seems they found a hidden cache.

I'm guessing since I had it shipped to my local GW it will be taken for general sale since they refunded my order (and got me a nice e voucher for the same amount). I have no problem with that but am still in shock as to how ridiculous this has been!

(Thankfully I also found a copy of the book at a local indecent store in the box from their weekly stock delivery!!!)

mostlyharmless
10-10-2014, 21:39
Snap those up if you can then and get them on ebay for a quick profit :P will do your wallet and your FLGS good to :D

That would be unethical and unfair to my fellow local players. I care more about the community than making a quick buck.

BorderKing
10-10-2014, 22:38
That would be unethical and unfair to my fellow local players. I care more about the community than making a quick buck.

Truth is , if you don't do it someone else will. It might be best to buy them and then distribute them between people you know.

Darnok
10-10-2014, 22:57
Truth is , if you don't do it someone else will.

This is a retarded reason for action, and I really hope you already know that.

BorderKing
10-10-2014, 23:06
This is a retarded reason for action, and I really hope you already know that.

It isn't a retarded reason for action, if it doesn't conflict with morals or harm anyone. It isn't a wise idea to live your life by this motto, but it is apt in certain circumstances, especially when it is about doing something obvious.

aprilmanha
11-10-2014, 00:09
It's not unethical, if your local players have not already gotten their copy then they do not want it enough. if they cannot afford it, you can buy it before someone else does and hold it for them.
It would not be unreasonable to charge them an extra 5 for the holding service to ensure they got their copy in a couple of months when cash is more free.

Or if they were not interested enough, it is not unethical for you to buy stock and sell it to a collector elsewhere for a premium to cover your time and postage etc.

Now if you bought every available copy from launch day and used underhanded means to ensure that others did not have that chance, that would be unethical.

Urgat
11-10-2014, 07:30
Truth is , if you don't do it someone else will. It might be best to buy them and then distribute them between people you know.

Or maybe three different guys will buy them for themselves.
I know, it's an absolutly shocking notion.

It's not unethical, if your local players have not already gotten their copy then they do not want it enough. if they cannot afford it, you can buy it before someone else does and hold it for them.
It would not be unreasonable to charge them an extra 5 for the holding service to ensure they got their copy in a couple of months when cash is more free.

You know your local friends want the book but can't pay for it. You rush to buy it before they could, and when they can afford it, you make them pay extra for a second hand. I seriously can't see how you can picture that in a positive outlook, no matter how many little poneys you have in your avatar :p

still-young
11-10-2014, 09:46
Or maybe three different guys will buy them for themselves.
I know, it's an absolutly shocking notion.

You know your local friends want the book but can't pay for it. You rush to buy it before they could, and when they can afford it, you make them pay extra for a second hand. I seriously can't see how you can picture that in a positive outlook, no matter how many little poneys you have in your avatar :p

Yeah im with you. I think I'd just lend my friend the money if I trusted them to pay me back, rather than add a holding fee...

aprilmanha
11-10-2014, 09:52

Oh well if your talking about friends, then yeah of course most people would just lend them the money.
I was really talking about random people from your gaming group.

Another possibility is that no one locally wants them and they don't sell. Then you would be helping your local store by buying them and then helping someone in another game group by selling them to them using wider channels then a local store.

Son of Morkai
11-10-2014, 11:36

Because friendship is magic and magic is heresy and you should know how we feel about heresy in these parts. Best that everyone gets rid of their friends through shenanigans before the Witch Hunters come calling.

The bearded one
11-10-2014, 11:58
Because friendship is magic and magic is heresy

I'm trying to find a mistake in this logical reasoning but am unable to find any.

anselminus
11-10-2014, 12:32
My GW store said me it will be reissued in english and maybe in other translation.

still-young
11-10-2014, 14:25
Just got a reply from GW customer services saying: 'I am afraid that you may have to think of something else to put on your Christmas list as the Wahammer End Times: Nagash book is now sold out and is not returning again (unlike Nagash himself!) We do still have a few copies in our stores, so I would recommend calling your local stores to see if you have any luck there.' Im rather annoyed by this and can't see the logic in it at all.

still-young
11-10-2014, 15:32
I asked why and they replied: The reason that this item is not returning is that it was a one print run product, so 'while stocks last' rather than limited edition. This happens with a lot of our books however with things like this we make enough for the product to last long enough for everyone who wants one to get one. Obviously we massively under-estimated how popular Nagash would be, and as such we have sold out alot quicker than anticipated.

at present we have no plans, or time spaces, to re-print this book, but I am forwarding all of these emails over to our production team to see if we can possibly make some room for Nagash.

Warpsoul
11-10-2014, 15:42
I am suddenly feeling really frustrated and wish I go back in time 6 weeks, and hit myself over the head for not getting a book sooner.

It still baffles me that GW are not actively putting money into milking this cash-cow until the end of the End Times releases. Just baffles me.

I worked in customer service myself, and know all too well the short life span of LE products. Thanks for sharing, still-young. To my nearest GW I shall march and demand a copy, or someone's blood.

still-young
11-10-2014, 15:54
No worries man. You and me both! Gonna have to get it somehow. I need it for my planned Undead Legions force.

Solaaris
11-10-2014, 17:55
Will it be staying as a digital product though, since that can never go out of print so to speak?

snowbert87
11-10-2014, 18:38
There is a new thread in news and rumors with talks of a soft cover release.

The bearded one
11-10-2014, 19:22
It still baffles me that GW are not actively putting money into milking this cash-cow until the end of the End Times releases. Just baffles me.

I think they did, but didn't want to massively overestimate the demand and produce way too many to sell (and be saddled with storage and the like). It turned out demand was a lot higher than expected. There's a chance they'll do another print-run -especially if customer service gets a lot of requests about the Nagash book- but they do need to have space and time in their "printing schedule" to actually print the suckers.

If I read the GW general board, I wouldn't expect there to be a high demand for a GW product either :p

Sexiest_hero
11-10-2014, 19:27
They are re releasing it in paperback due to the very high demand.

still-young
11-10-2014, 19:35
I hope that's true. Not sure whether to hold out for that or not. Would be cheaper.

O.G-Palmer
11-10-2014, 19:46
They are re releasing it in paperback due to the very high demand.

It will be back in paper form, Do not worry.

Warpsoul
11-10-2014, 20:39
I hope that's true. Not sure whether to hold out for that or not. Would be cheaper.

Great news. Glad to see some support from GW on this. Not to come across as a complete perfectionist collector, but I would love to grab a hardback version.
Still going to GW this week to ask about the hardback.

Alltaken
12-10-2014, 16:12

After selling out wood elves they should have planned fast alternatives for reprint in case of sell out. But its clear they dont have, see the magic cards thing. The was a real pointer out there, sold out within ours
If I was kirby I'd be phoning every press in europe that same afternoon for book and card prints, and expand future releases.
Besides the obvious news release informing we would bring more within a probable x month time frame thanking the customer base for its reception

Warpsoul
12-10-2014, 16:59
After selling out wood elves they should have planned fast alternatives for reprint in case of sell out. But its clear they dont have, see the magic cards thing. The was a real pointer out there, sold out within ours
If I was kirby I'd be phoning every press in europe that same afternoon for book and card prints, and expand future releases.
Besides the obvious news release informing we would bring more within a probable x month time frame thanking the customer base for its reception

Well, since when have GW done anything logically lately. If you're not there to buy the product on release day, GW heads will sit in their offices in the months afterward laughing at those people who didn't.

Epicene
13-10-2014, 04:43
Customer: Hi there - I'd like to give you some money for an over-priced book, please.
GW: I'm sorry. You can't.
Customer: Why?
GW: Because its too popular and due to such high demand we have sold more copies than we printed and as such - are now discontinuing the product rather than print more.
Customer: You hate money, don't you?
GW: Yes. Yes we do. Have an extra 50 back - it makes sense to give away something instead of spending less than half that to earn some profit.

Greyshadow
13-10-2014, 09:07
Lol Epicene. Probably a little harsh, maybe not too. It seems that new release limited editions are what moves. Take that only-okay looking 40k teleport scenery piece. Sold out in a flash. I'd rather GW support their main line with limited release items that they don't have warhouse space for not to do limited release runs. Heck, I have even been to Maccas and not being able to buy something as it had sold out. Didn't the iPhone 5 sell out on release with people waiting several weeks? Very nice to hear they are listening to their customers and bring book back.

still-young
13-10-2014, 09:13
Lol Epicene. Probably a little harsh, maybe not too. It seems that new release limited editions are what moves. Take that only-okay looking 40k teleport scenery piece. Sold out in a flash. I'd rather GW support their main line with limited release items that they don't have warhouse space for not to do limited release runs. Heck, I have even been to Maccas and not being able to buy something as it had sold out. Didn't the iPhone 5 sell out on release with people waiting several weeks? Very nice to hear they are listening to their customers and bring book back.

Thing is, they never said it was a limited release, or while stocks last, or anything.

aprilmanha
13-10-2014, 10:42
I'm curious to see how much the paperback version will be though.

That and it seems they are allowing Army books to be paperback again if this is the case?

still-young
13-10-2014, 11:25
I hope the paperback is both books with all the same art and everything too, part of the reason I want it so much is the art and the story.

Solaaris
25-10-2014, 21:59
Ive managed to get a copy. Walsall in the west mids has one left.

Lord D'Mim
25-10-2014, 22:16
I hope the paperback is both books with all the same art and everything too, part of the reason I want it so much is the art and the story.

The paperback is just Nagash. Same with Glotkin, khaine and "famine". Whether or not there will be a bumper 4-in-1 at the end? who knows.

Will be silly if they dont

Old School
28-10-2014, 11:41
I popped into my local GW and asked if they had any English copies left (loads of German language ones on the shelves) and he had none. But he mentioned the softback version coming out soon, but it wouldn't have 'everything' the hardback version had. Don't ask me what that entails, as I never pushed him further on it. I just shrugged and left.

Lord D'Mim
28-10-2014, 16:06
Thing is, they never said it was a limited release, or while stocks last, or anything.

Must have missed the "500 only" and "1000 only" on their website, for the normal and LE respectively?

Odd that

leopard
28-10-2014, 21:40
Question, and a serious one, why on earth do GW, who have the in house capacity to make the models, not have a 'print on demand' facility?

Not for the initial run, make that the full colour limited edition stuff - but then they could have B&W (or greyscale) softbound stuff as print on demand - the limited edition now takes no extra work at all, and they never sell out of anything - ok its not in the shops, and only direct from them, but if you want it - they can do it?

Lord Zarkov
28-10-2014, 21:48
Question, and a serious one, why on earth do GW, who have the in house capacity to make the models, not have a 'print on demand' facility?

Not for the initial run, make that the full colour limited edition stuff - but then they could have B&W (or greyscale) softbound stuff as print on demand - the limited edition now takes no extra work at all, and they never sell out of anything - ok its not in the shops, and only direct from them, but if you want it - they can do it?

GW is ultimately a miniatures manufacturer not a publisher. They've invested a great deal in machines for making miniatures (especially for the new plastics), but I guess they don't consider it economic to spend money on making books themselves as well (and they won't have the technical expertise in it, while they have decades of miniatures making experience).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leopard
29-10-2014, 17:37
GW is ultimately a miniatures manufacturer not a publisher. They've invested a great deal in machines for making miniatures (especially for the new plastics), but I guess they don't consider it economic to spend money on making books themselves as well (and they won't have the technical expertise in it, while they have decades of miniatures making experience).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably fair enough as a reason, just given the love of secrecy would seem to be a natural step to bring that in house as well.

Ho hum :)