PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party plastic Wolves?

Old School
09-10-2014, 10:59
Hey Warhammerers,

I'm looking at building up a Vampire Counts army. I want to include some Dire Wolves, but I really don't like those GW models at all. I do though really like the WH40 Space Wolf Fenrisian Wolves, as they look proper wolves, and painted black or dark grey pelts, they'd look awesome to me.

So... does anyone know of any 3rd party manufacturers of plastic wolves that I should take a look at? I spotted Avatars of War do a Dire wolf, but 12 for one is not good value to me.

Cheers,

OS.

Spiney Norman
09-10-2014, 11:06
The Lotr fell wargs are pretty good too, I think they come in about the same price as the fenrisian ones per model, but you get 6 instead of 5.

Old School
09-10-2014, 11:26
Ah, good spot Norman, I forgot about Wargs. I just checked them out and I prefer the Wild Wargs over the Fell Wargs. The wild ones have more of a bat-like face that'll fit well with a VC army.

Skywave
09-10-2014, 15:17
There's also the Chaos Warhounds. Some work required to make them not mutated, but they can be an alternative too. If you are feeling old school, get some Goblin Wolf Riders and use the wolves from the set :p