PDA

View Full Version : Chaos 2500pts Newbie, Suggestions Please

Thunderrchunky
12-10-2014, 07:04
In anticipation of the new Chaos book to be released this month,I am making a list for a friend who will be entering the hobby soon. I am assuming that the 3 chaos armies can be used interchangeably, just as the undead legions from the Nagash book in August allowed. Please lend me your experience and expertise for this list as I have compiled it so far.

lords:
Daemon prince, mark of Tzeentch, level 4 wizard, chaos armor, daemon flight , daemonic gifts (75 points)- 535

heroes:
Herald of Khorne BSB, armor of destiny, shield, mark of Tzeentch(goes in warriors of chaos unit) 198

core:
20 warriors of chaos, mark of nurgle, full command (350)
20 bloodletters. (Daemons) full command. (310)
10warhounds with vanguard (80)

special: 0

rare: 625
hellcannon
hellcannon
slaughterbrute (my friend really likes this unit)

remaining points = 402

please assist with the remaining points and leave suggestions or comments on the list so far. Thanks so much, I am really excited to help my friend get into the hobby.

chipperchopperchappi
12-10-2014, 11:46
You can't mix marks in units or on individual models.

baphomael
12-10-2014, 12:56
yup a khorne herald cant have a mark of tzeentch, and cant go in a unit of nurgle warriors

Thunderrchunky
12-10-2014, 18:37
Thank you for pointing that out, it helps to focus my efforts better.

does the army General have to have the same mark as the units? Also, what should I do with the remaining 402 points? Get some cavalry? Another lord or hero?

so the revised list looks like this:

lords:
Daemon prince, mark of khorne, level 4 wizard, chaos armor, daemon flight , daemonic gifts (75 points)- 535

heroes:
Exalted hero BSB, armor of destiny, shield, mark of Khorne (goes in warriors of chaos unit) 198

core:
20 warriors of chaos, mark of Khorne, full command (350)
20 bloodletters. (Daemons) full command. (310)
10warhounds with vanguard (80)

special: 0

rare: 625
hellcannon
hellcannon
slaughterbrute (my friend really likes this unit)

remaining points = 402

MikVanH.
17-10-2014, 03:44
Drop the hell canons or count them as skull canons more effective (remember always 8 inches away form target "aim for the big things *wink*") and no animosity with em, get some marauders man, pack em on hordes of 50+ mark of khorne, extra weapon or flails those guys can really bring some havok to any unit and stand a decent amount of pain.

Fighting Newfoundlander
19-10-2014, 19:47
There a few things that need to be done. The MoN Warriors need to be given shields at least, possibly GW or Halberd. That's 20-80 points depending. Give the BSB on foot MoN as well so he can go in that unit.

Then you need to decide between another block of troops, or a couple smaller hard hitters. You could add a chariot and a gorebeast chariot, or a second block of warriors. If you're sticking with 2 hellcannons, you can play a more defensive game and the infantry blocks work well for this. The chariots are perfectly suited to being the second turn charge that hits after your infantry are stuck in or have received a charge to totally tip the scale.

Chimeras are always a good inda when bringing a flying Prince

Thunderrchunky
20-10-2014, 05:02
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions and comments. After some revision, my friend and I came up with this list based off of your comments and the kind of army he wanted to build. Is it starting to come together?

Lords:
Daemon Prince- 420
Chaos Armor, flight, scaled skin, soul feeder, MoT, Dawnstone, Hellfire Sword

Chaos Sorcerer Lord- 355
Level 4, Dispel Scroll, Obsidian Lodestone, Channeling Staff

Hero:
Exalted Hero- 205
BSB, MoT, Third Eye Of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield

Core:

2x18 chaos warriors-740
standard, shields, halberds, mark of tzeentch

Special:
5 Chaos Knights- 245
musician, standard, MoK, ensorcelled weapons

2x5 Furies- 140
MoK

Rare:
1 skullcannon- 135

3 skullcrushers of khorne- 254
standard, musician, ensorcelled weapons

Total: 2494

kikibobo
20-10-2014, 22:09
Its hard to say for sure as the rules for combining chaos books are not out, assuming they are combining which it looks like they will. With that in mind, you might want to just wait and see what they do. They may remove certain units or change around the armies in a way that makes it more worthwhile to go with x unit instead of y unit.

In general though, I like this list much better than your first two. One problem that sticks out to me is that you have over 25% in the lords section. I dont have the book on me though to let you know which upgrades to drop. I feel like that is a lot of points in general to be sinking into lords/heroes but with DP, he is half-lord and half-unit unto himself. Plus once you shave points off lords to make the 25% cut, you might be fine.

As a daemons player, the only thing better than a skullcannon is two : ) Could always throw a second one into the mix once you trim the fat in the lords section. In competitive games of 2000pts, I take two. its annoying for my opponents but makes up for the otherwise lack of ranged power.

Thunderrchunky
27-10-2014, 18:30
Now that the glottkin book is out, does anyone have suggestions on how to make this list better?

kikibobo
27-10-2014, 20:26
Now that the glottkin book is out, does anyone have suggestions on how to make this list better?

Its just out for pre-order. No one has definitive rules yet. Sorry