PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Skaven list. Would love some input and help!

Thraxys
12-10-2014, 07:45
Hey guys! Just getting back into fantasy, would love some pointers on a list for 1000 points that I play with some friends. Eventually planning on upgrading to 2k but sticking with 1k for now.

Here's the list! Adds up to 998 pts

Grey Seer (240pts)

Chieftain (117pts)
Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Talisman of Preservation

Warlock Engineer (45pts)
Doomrocket

30x Clanrats (147pts)
Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer

30x Skavenslaves (62pts)
Musician

30x Skavenslaves (62pts)
Musician

5x Gutter Runners (90pts)
Poisoned Attacks, Slings

Hell Pit Abomination (235pts)

Thanks!

The French Guy
12-10-2014, 11:20
Hi!
I would merge the Slaves in one 60 rats block, that's how I run them.
I would take a naked BSB for 70pts.

I would downsize the Clanrats to 20 as 10 more won't be enough if you get in trouble. I would add a Warpfire thrower to add punch. I would then put all the characters in it, behind the Slave wall.

I would consider a Power scroll on the Grey seer to 13th something reliably.
Not sure on the HPA at 1000pts, it will be completely unsupported. I would take 2 Cannons instead I guess, but that's up to taste. I would however think about giving it Warp spikes.

Hope it helps!

Mannfred
12-10-2014, 14:19
There's typically a rule of thumb for skaven...1 model for every 10 points and 1 slave per 20 points....at 1000pts ur probably looking a 1 big unit of slaves be enough, the other could be just a unit or two of giant rats.

From experience, giving ur bsb the ward saves will not matter, it's much safer taking like no gear and keeping him alone like lurking between units but out of line of sight.

Abom is truly terrifying on 1000pts. So is double doomwheel, but hellpits do shine in low points games. People just won't have the counters...

If u do have the points for a weapon team, stick to the poison wind mortar for safety, warp fire for high risk high return, note high risk high return. Lock into place a juicy unit with ur slaves by literally marching straight infront of ur desired target, march the warpfire thrower parallel to it and just take a charge and then watch in horror as u flame into combat without touching a single slave...yes flame throwers can shoot into combat :) slaves or not....but doing it with slaves is more satisfying :)

Middle ground is like a rattling gun/nothing at all...not investing points into it is a safe option too

The Doomrocket is amazing every time u use it measure 14' to the middle of ur intended target unit and roll 4 dice u will be amazed at how accurate that thing is...

EvanM
12-10-2014, 16:43
Skaven really isnt worth playing at 1k pts value, skaven really really need a ton of toys and with 1k you are stuck with minimal characters (that you absolutely need) and minimal rare units (that are amazing)

The French Guy
12-10-2014, 17:50
Just FYI, here is what I usually field at 1000pts:

HEROES:
Chief (BSB): HA, HW. 70pts
Warlock engineer: Brass orb. 65pts
Warlock engineer: Death globe. 40pts
Warlock engineer: Doom rocket. 45pts

CORE:
5 Giant rats + 1 Master. 23pts
5 Giant rats + 1 Master. 23pts
60 Slaves: Hand weapon, Musician. 122pts
60 Slaves: Hand weapon, Musician. 122pts
20 Clanrats: LA, Hand weapon, Warpfire thrower. 150pts
20 Clanrats: LA, Hand weapon, Warpfire thrower. 150pts

RARE:
Warp cannon. 90pts
Warp cannon. 90pts

TOTAL: 990pts

Thraxys
12-10-2014, 19:23
Thanks for all the replies! I'll work on the list and post back an edit when I've tweaked it! Oh and the reason I play at 1k right now is because thats as high as my friends can go. Theres a league at our local game shop though and they hit the 2500 range so I'll work towards that!

EDIT: Here's a revised list I came up with, how's this look?

Warlord (128pts)
Halberd, Ironcurse Icon, Talisman of Endurance

Chieftain (105pts)
Battle Standard Bearer
Foul Pendant, Charmed Shield, halberd

Warlock Engineer (45pts)
Doomrocket

28x Clanrats (138pts)
Musician, Standard Bearer, shields

5x Giant Rats (23pts)
Packmaster

5x Giant Rats (23pts)
Packmaster

x44 Skavenslaves (92pts)
Musician

x28 Stormvermin (211pts)
Musician, Standard Bearer,

Hell Pit Abomination (235pts)

(or doomwheel and WLC if I -1 clanrat or Ironcurse icon)

Adds up to 1000 on the dot.