PDA

View Full Version : 2k Lizardmen

Armond
12-10-2014, 16:56
Ok, so I am coming back into the fray after a decent amount of absence (deployment/training/family time). I am once again bringing my Lizards to battle, and wanted to create a list NOT dependent upon a Slann, but still capable of doing decent in the Magic Phase. Which looks like I may need to bring my wizards up to lvl 2s. In any case, could you please take a gander and give me some insight. I am not too well-versed in the new Lizardmen book, so I may have overlooked some important things.

Old Blood
-Cold One
-Great Weapon
-Egg of Quango
-Armor of Destiny
*Fun times, survivable, to a point. Can totally decimate chaff and smaller heavy cavalry units. The Egg will be cracked against lower toughness stuff.

Skink Priest
-Cube of Darkness
-Lore of Beast
-Lvl 1
*Looking for Wyssan's, simple enough. Have the cube to stop magic spells that I hate. Keeping nearby to give the Saurus a decent chance to not purse people's when I do not want them to..

Skink Priest
-Dispel Scroll
-Ruby Ring of Ruin
-Lore of Beast
-Lvl 1
*Looking for Wyssan's again. The ring throws an extra low casting spell for him to utilize and possibly draw out some dice. Or use it to kill chaff, am considering finding points to make him level 2 with Heavens though... Hard to decide. A scroll to stop a spell, first two turns shoud see me close for combat, I hope.

30 x Saurus
-HW/Shield
-Full Command
*Scary enough as is, throw a Wyssan's and people will avoid him, unless we are already locked in combat.

16 x Skink Cohorts
-Musician, Champ
-2 x Kroxigors
*Some support for the Saurus, fast moving to clear chaff, perhaps be a bunker for one of my skink priests. I am considering dropping into a minimal unit to maybe get another unit of skink skirmishers, but not sure...

10 x Skinks Skirmishers
-Javelins and Shields
*A possible skink priest bunker, good for redirecting and such.

10 x Skinks Skirmishers
-Javelins and Shields

Ancient Stegadon
-Sharpened Horns
-Unstoppable Stampede
*Oh you know, good old cannon fodder, but nasty. Looking for Monstrous infantry or creatures. Multi-wound stuff is the target, not sure if he can make it.

-Bastiladon
-Solar Engine
*Target saturation, plus a good way to get a very nice bound spell to draw dice. Initiative boost, pretty useless except for with skinks with the units I have. But he should do well to hold a flank, makes me a little less concerned about being flanked/rear charged.

3 x Kroxigors
-Ancient
*S7 Monstrous Infantry, with a decent movement... Yes please. Although they can die relatively easily if not properly placed, they can give me a strong support attack base, looking at fielding them 2-wide, with one in the rear rank just because their frontage would be nice and small. I am considering dropping the Cohorts to a smaller/minimal unit size to boost this unit up to 4 strong, in a 2x2 formation to get 12 S7 and 2 S5(stomp) attacks, unless they get whittled down/cut down.

7 x Chameleon Skinks
*Throw in someone's face against war machines and lightly armored chaff. Or maybe even low AS monsters. Definitely great for throwing a wrench into someone's plan.

2 x Salamanders
-2 x Extra Handlers
*Horde killers, flank holders... Wait, these guys don't cause panic anymore when they do a wound? Or is that somewhere else?

Anyway, some C&C would be welcome. I am not trying to dominate a magic phase, just give me a 50/50 chance to either do decent, or hold my own.

The French Guy
12-10-2014, 17:17
Hi!
I would drop the Cohort to add some Kroxigors to the unit + get 1-2 level 2 options.
I would also separate the Salamanders in 2 units of 1.
Hope it helps!

Armond
12-10-2014, 17:23
Funny, was considering some of that in the first place. I will have to see what I can come up with though. I think I can accommodate, will see what works out! Thank you for that!

Armond
12-10-2014, 17:36
Here is the adjustment so far. I only added one more Kroxigor, to make them the 2x2 formation, smaller footprint, all of the attacks getting in. I think they can shield the Steggy, if I want them to, just would make them 4 across if I planned on doing that. Added another Skirmisher unit because you know, skink skirmishers are great for their points and do a good job of redirecting and serving as makeshift bunkers for skink characters. Increase Chammy skinks to 8 strong, 16 shots, looking for 6s should do to drop 2-3 wounds from a war machine if I set them up correctly.

Old Blood
-Cold One
-Great Weapon
-Egg of Quango
-Armor of Destiny
*Fun times, survivable, to a point. Can totally decimate chaff and smaller heavy cavalry units. The Egg will be cracked against lower toughness stuff.

Skink Priest
-Cube of Darkness
-Lore of Heavens
-Lvl 2
*Lvl 2 for the extra possible useful spell. Plus, the magic missile ring on the other skink ensures the magic missile/direct damage utility is spread between the two priests. Hope this guy is worth the level two. Two level 2s, 1 bound magic item, and the Bastiladon should rate me a decent magic phase and give my opponent some pause about throwing too many dispel dice and not worrying about other spells I have on hand.

Skink Priest
-Dispel Scroll
-Ruby Ring of Ruin
-Lore of Beast
-Lvl 2
*Looking for Wyssan's again. The ring throws an extra low casting spell for him to utilize and possibly draw out some dice. A scroll to stop a spell, first two turns should see me close for combat, I hope.

30 x Saurus
-HW/Shield
-Full Command
*Scary enough as is, throw a Wyssan's and people will avoid him, unless we are already locked in combat.

10 x Skinks Skirmishers
-Javelins and Shields

10 x Skinks Skirmishers
-Javelins and Shields

10 x Skinks Skirmishers
-Javelins and Shields

Ancient Stegadon
-Sharpened Horns
-Unstoppable Stampede
*Oh you know, good old cannon fodder, but nasty. Looking for Monstrous infantry or creatures. Multi-wound stuff is the target, not sure if he can make it.

Bastiladon
-Solar Engine
*Target saturation, plus a good way to get a very nice bound spell to draw dice. Initiative boost, pretty useless except for with skinks with the units I have. But he should do well to hold a flank, makes me a little less concerned about being flanked/rear charged.

4 x Kroxigors
-Ancient
*S7 Monstrous Infantry, with a decent movement... Yes please. Although they can die relatively easily if not properly placed, they can give me a strong support attack base, looking at fielding them 2-wide, with two in the rear rank just because their frontage would be nice and small.

8 x Chameleon Skinks
*Throw in someone's face against war machines and lightly armored chaff. Or maybe even low AS monsters. Definitely great for throwing a wrench into someone's plan.

1 x Salamanders
-Extra Handlers

1 x Salamanders
-Extra Handlers
*Horde killers, flank holders... Wait, these guys don't cause panic anymore when they do a wound? Or is that somewhere else?

1998 Total

The French Guy
12-10-2014, 17:39
Seems pretty good!
You should go for it and tell us how it went.

Just be careful with that Old Blood cowboy style, I have seen some get sniped by Cannons as you don't have Saurus cavalry to hide him.

Armond
12-10-2014, 17:44
Yah, I will have to hide him until he is safe to come out and play. I was trying to find points for a pair of of cowboys(I SV and one OB) to run tandem. Thinking I might be able to find a way to get the Charmed Shield and still get a 4++ on him. We will see. We will see what he does.

Mannfred
14-10-2014, 03:10
Yeap the list looks quite solid, I'm not too sold on the ruby ring just because at the same bound level, a bastilidon with solar engine can just do more output. Like if u one dice ring someone will probably just give u it. There's just no damage potential to really force dice to be used.

Anyways, Kroxigors I just don't really like. Str7 is nice but going last hurts. Sure u can argue that ur going last most of the time so hey what's the difference. Being t4 no armour is the problem. They suffer like Minotaurs from Beastmen. Chances are they'll die to anything that their good fighting against. Ie things with good armour. If u decide to send them against str3 chumps then ur str7 is typically not important. Cause smthing that's is usually str3 is typically t3 with little armour. Saurus would fit the job better.

I rate razardons highly especially when used in mass units of 6+, keep them in a forest and force chargers with them. It's more reliable than salamanders I find. But salamanders win big or lose so its a decent gamble. There's also the psychology of will this salamander be lucky today. Thus even though there's a chance it won't do anything ur opponent has to dedicate some shorting at it when it starts hovering on the flanks.

Dawnstone > Egg and so will Crown of Command, if u really want to go balls out, Tricksters Helm, Dawnstone and watch them tears...t5 re-roll to wound is a nightmare.

Armond
21-10-2014, 03:49
Ya, I am probably dropping that Ruby Ring, I have enough spells for a moderate threat I think.

I kind of agree with the Krox assessment, but I was able to bully a Wyssan's on them last game, and they were reaping a terrible toll on some HE Swordmasters. Keeping them in place for my Old Blood to come in and deal the final blows.

Unfortunatey I have no razordon models, or I would consider them. The sally's did their job, toasting T3 is pretty easy with S4 flame template. Plus I was able to use one to redirect a bit.

Thanks a ton, I will modify the list after a few more games and see where I stand.