PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch Daemonic Legion

jahorin
24-06-2006, 16:30
greetings all,

i made a different army list from what i do usually when i play daemonic legion of tzeentch. since it's not for tournemant (well maybe conflict here since SoC is still allowed in canada). i want to try somethying else since i got my a$$ wiped by skaven last night. so here goes, feel to comment the army.

1 Daemon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch; General

11 Horrors
Standard; Horror Champion

11 Horrors
Standard; Horror Champion

20 Horrors
Standard; Musician; Horror Champion

4 Changebringers

6 Flamers

6 Flamers

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Casting Pool: 9 Dispel Pool: 7
Models in Army: 64

2000 points

DirtJumper
25-06-2006, 00:37
Looks pretty good. You managed to get a lot of Horrors in for 2000 pts. My one suggestion would be to take off the master of sorcery upgrade (really, it's just overkill on a lvl 4 wizard), and use the points to throw in another Horror in the big unit (to get those s5 hits).

jahorin
25-06-2006, 00:51
as long as there's no shooting. but i will try that. any D6 S5 hits against T3 is always fun. thanks for the input.

sphincter man
24-02-2007, 14:29
horrors arent really a great core unit. if you were to drop one of the small units and instead take a tzeentch chariot you would have alot more hitting power on the front line.

also, if you were to drop one of the flamer units you could take the LoC , or Be'Lakor instead of DP.

tyrion11482
24-02-2007, 16:57
horrors arent really a great core unit. if you were to drop one of the small units and instead take a tzeentch chariot you would have alot more hitting power on the front line.

also, if you were to drop one of the flamer units you could take the LoC , or Be'Lakor instead of DP.

I agree here but i would find a way to get diabloic spendor 4+ ward is way better than 5+

theDarkGeneral
25-02-2007, 18:53
Greetings jahorin...I have some thoughts and comments for your list...hope they help...

*Daemon Prince: The toughest Tzeentch Daemonic Legions list that I've personally played up against is one lead by an Undivided Mark...it's identical to the way I take a Daemon Prince in a list...Diabolic Splendor, Chaos Disruption and Spellbreaker....it's about surviving the length of the game...and always take Fire Magic with it...

*Horrors: To truly take advantage of the power of these units, you need but 2 units of them...18 models strong with a Lvl 1 Champ in each...

*Changebringers: Awesome unit, but you could easily drop 1 model...this will help in thier movement around the table as the unit will be a bit smaller...but still be able to blast the enemy and add to a combo charge if really needed.

*Flamers of Tzeentch: These things are very powerful if used correctly! I prefer staying with theme, and take them in units of 9 models. The powered Tzeentch list that I faced had just 1 unit of 9...very devastating...

*Screamers of Tzeentch: Ok, but Chaos Furies are a little better...taking an Undivided general will allow you to sub them out for the Furies...you won't regret it!

The list has an overall balance to it, but as with most Tzeentch Daemons, it lacks punch...you're going to fair poorly most of the time in CC, and will truly have to use your Movement and Magic Phases to your complete advantage...

Hope this helps...