PDA

View Full Version : Mantic plague zombies

ArtificerArmour
13-10-2014, 07:35
Quick question - but has anyone used mantic plague zombies for their cultists in a nurgle/typhus themed armies?

Are they any good? Are the models decent quality?

Denny
13-10-2014, 08:11
Quick question - but has anyone used mantic plague zombies for their cultists in a nurgle/typhus themed armies?

I've used them for Necromunda Plague Zombies.

They are pretty nice quality. A bit thinner (read: more realistically proportioned) than GW models, but this isn't much of an issue as you would expected decayed zombies to be skinny. They are much nicer than the GW zombies as they don't have those stupid oversized hands and heads.

The feet lack a bit of detail, but this is a minor point.

There is a lack of variety to the kit when you building huge untis (I have 40), but you can easily combine it with the ghouls kit and hack off limbs etc. to change the silhouettes. There is also a rather cool sci-fi zombie kit that has just been released which would be worth looking at. The only trouble with this kit is that the sci-fi zombies have been afflicted by an alien virus, and therefore have slightly distorted frames and growths, but this should hardly be an issue for Nurgle zombies.

ArtificerArmour
13-10-2014, 17:26
Do they require alot of work to put together?

druchii
13-10-2014, 19:09
Do they require alot of work to put together?

No. They even have a really cool option for a legless torso dragging himself along the ground!

If I remember correctly it's bodies, legs, and heads, maybe arms (it could be I just hacked off a lot of arms for re-positioning)? So still less fiddly than a lot of GW stuff, and they DO look good.

Btw I have 120 of them, so I got pretty familiar with them two years or so ago...shame I can't find their sprues to show you.

d

totgeboren
14-10-2014, 06:20

It seems like this thread (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/262174-plague-zombies/?p=3193309) could be of help to you? It's about different zombie models and how well they translate to w40k use and such.

thanoson
15-10-2014, 15:43
Zombie vixens are too skinny imo. Didn't enjoy assembling them at all.