PDA

View Full Version : Starting VC in 2015, 3000pts list.

The French Guy
13-10-2014, 15:38
Hi all!
My next army for Fantasy will be Vampire counts, but first I need to get my Skavens done....
So a lot of little balls of fur before the walking bones. :(
I find very motivating the idea of starting a new army, I hope it will be enough to finish my numerous infantry blocks!

Anyway, this is my 3000pts list I plan to field.
It will lead me during the construction of the army and help me choose what to buy next (after I have painted the box I bought).
I don't look after the most competitive army list but it would be nice not crumbling turn 2. :shifty:
Some stuff are in because of cool models (BSB Wight king from FW for example), and I tend to limit spam.
The base of the army will obviously be 2 Battalion boxes to get a lot of minis, so I tried to put them all in the list.

What do you think?
Thanks! ;)

LORDS :
Vampire lord :
Level 4 (Vampire lore)
Red fury, Dark majesty, Beguile, Summon,
HA, Shield, 4++, +2S sword, Other tricker shard. 534pts

HEROES:
Banshee. 95pts

Banshee. 95pts

Necromancer: Level 2 (Vampire lore), The cursed book. 135pts

Wight King (BSB):
HA, Shield, Nightshroud, Dragonbane gem, Ironcurse icon. 164pts

BASE:
5 Wolves. 40pts
5 Wolves. 40pts
39 Ghouls. 390pts
21 Zombies. 63pts
39 Skeletons: Light armor, Shield, HW, Musician, Screaming banner. 240pts

SPECIAL:
1 Spirit host. 45pts
1 Spirit host. 45pts
3 Vargheist. 138pts
1 Corpse cart: Balefire. 105pts
1 Corpse cart: Unholy lodestone. 120pts
38 Grave guards: HA, GW, Musician, Banner of the barrows. 526pts

RARE:
1 Terrorgheist. 225pts

TOTAL: 3 000pts.

Lordcypress
13-10-2014, 16:55
I think you'll find that having a Master Necromancer doing all the heavy casting is a much safer option. In a 3000pt list you can fit both Vampire Lord and Master Necro. Just let the Vampire go out and kill. And put Quickblood on him. Re-rolling to hit is critical. List looks fine. Try the dual Corpse Carts out. I find one is more than enough. Banshees aren't what they use to be. Everyone rocks high leadership in their armies now. You have to think that the average dice roll is 7 in Warhammer. Add +2 for the scream and your at 9. Almost every army out there has a General with leadership 9 or 10, thanks to the Banner of Discipline. Something to think about. That's why the Terrorgheist is so much better. It can consistently do wounds.

Knifeparty
13-10-2014, 18:11
You need Quickblood on the Vampire Lord, it's pretty much what makes or breaks the Vampire Lord as a killing machine.

The French Guy
13-10-2014, 20:05
Hi!
Thanks for your answers guys.

True, Banshees won't be doing as much as Terrorgheists, but they can hide in units, are ethereals and give Terror to their units (Skeletons and Ghouls). The Scream (comboed with Dark majesty) will add some wounds.

I use 2 Corpse carts as I will have 2 anyway, and it should give me a huge ASF bubble, covering the Vampire lord as well.
I find 30pts too expensive for ASF on him while you have a lot of awesome powers and can get free ASF thanks to the Corpse carts.

What would you suggest to drop in order to fit a Master necro?
Thanks!

Lordcypress
13-10-2014, 21:05
Drop the Vampire Lord down to a level 1. That saves you 105 points. Axe one Banshee. This gives you 200pts for a Level 4 Master Necromancer. Keeping the miscasts off of your Vampire Lord is always a good plan.

The French Guy
15-10-2014, 18:46
Or I could turn the Necromancer into a level 4, between his cost and the 105pts off the Vamp lord, it gives me 240pts.
Enough for a level 4 Necro with the Cursed book.

Would that be better?

LORDS :
Vampire lord :
Level 1 (Vampire lore)
Red fury, Dark majesty, Beguile, Summon,
HA, Shield, 4++, +2S sword, Other tricker shard. 429pts

Master necromancer: Level 4 (Vampire lore), the Cursed book. 235pts

HEROES:
Banshee. 95pts

Banshee. 95pts

Wight King (BSB):
HA, Shield, Nightshroud, Dragonbane gem, Ironcurse icon. 164pts

BASE:
5 Wolves. 40pts
5 Wolves. 40pts
39 Ghouls. 390pts
20 Zombies. 60pts
39 Skeletons: Light armor, Shield, HW, Musician, Screaming banner. 240pts

SPECIAL:
1 Spirit host. 45pts
1 Spirit host. 45pts
3 Vargheist. 138pts
1 Corpse cart: Balefire. 105pts
1 Corpse cart: Unholy lodestone. 120pts
38 Grave guards: HA, GW, Musician, Banner of the barrows. 526pts

RARE:
1 Terrorgheist. 225pts

TOTAL: 2 992pts.

Then I would have 8 pts left over.

The French Guy
16-10-2014, 18:32
This gives me a more reliable casting as I don't really care if my level 4 explodes, but I lose the ability to summon 5 more wolves in each unit (Vamp lord level 4 + Summon creatures of the night) and a level 2 backup as my Vamp lord would only be a level 1.