PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of Competitive Skaven

Time of Madness
15-10-2014, 16:07
My attempt at a competitive Skaven list.

CHARACTERS

Grey Seer (General)
- Talisman of Preservation
- Earthing Rod
= 310pts

Warlord
- Fellblade
= 190pts

Chieftan (BSB)
- Shield
- Stormbanner
= 122pts

Warlock Engineer
- Level 1
- Dispel Scroll
= 90pts

Warlock Engineer
- Doom Rocket
= 45pts

CORE

40 Stormvermin
- Full Command
- Razor Standard
= 350pts

40 Slaves
- Musician/Champ
= 86pts

40 Slaves
- Musician/Champ
= 86pts

27 Clanrats (bunker)
***Seer and BSB Hiding Here***
- Full Command
- Shields
= 141.5pts

Rat Dart
= 23pts

Rat Dart
= 23pts

Rat Dart
= 23pts

SPECIAL

5 Gutter Runners
- Poison/Slings
= 90pts

5 Gutter Runners
- Poison/Slings
= 90pts

RARE

Doomwheel
= 150pts

Warp Lightning Cannon
= 90pts

Warp Lightning Cannon
= 90pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1999.5pts

General idea is to keep the stormvermin in the center flanked by the slaves. I'll use the gutter runners/cannons/rat darts to annoy my opponent. The Doomwheel will run down a flank.

I'll skitterleap the warlord into favourable combats with the fellblade when needed. The doomrocket engineer will also be skitterleaped at some point as well.

This is the best list I can come up with at 2000pts. Can anyone help make it better?
Time of Madness

The French Guy
15-10-2014, 18:54
Hi!
I think you got the good units in the list.

I would only tweaks some equipment.
I would take a naked Grey seer with a Power scroll to 13th something dead.
I would also take a naked BSB at 70pts.
I would take 3 naked Warlock engineers with the 3 special weapons (Brass orb, Doomrocket, Death globe).

I like using Terror banner on the Stormvermins (and a weapon team), and I would put them on a flank.
I field the Slaves as my center, with 20 clanrats and all characters behind to hold the line.

I would cut the Clanrats to 20, naked, with a team weapon.
I would get 60 Slaves in each block with a musician, no need of champ IMHO.

I would get a HPA but I understand that the 25% limit in RARE will be a problem.
Hope it helps!

Mannfred
15-10-2014, 21:01
Personally I don't believe in elite Slaven, your better off just mulling up clan rats. Replace the warlord with a screaming bell. At 2000pts u need a tower. Anyways rule of thumb is u want 1 model to 10pts in ur army & 1 slave per 20pts. So I'd be looking at a minimum of 100 Slaves, 2 units of 50. Your third unit can be solid unit of clanrats with bell.

Earthing rod is understandable as a good choice but playing fast and loose is Skaven. It's useful cause he's ur general but just got to bite the bullet sometimes hence the power scroll option comes into play/why it's favoured. I can't see u leaving home without an Abomb to be truly competitive. Dual Abombs will just smush anything...

You also need to add in the Brass Orb to take on Ogres.

2x5 Gutters is good. I suppose there's debate on whether 2 cannons 2 doom wheel it's all up to personal taste I'd say.