PDA

View Full Version : death cult asassins hate??

austen powers
18-10-2014, 16:45
So I had my first couple of games with my inquisition force today(1st against ravenwing got stomped,2nd against wolves,which I won)

The force was mainly scions with the following:

Malleus inquisitor (doesnt matter what he had cos he did bugger all)
Xenos inquisitor with rad grenades
Priest
10 death cultists
Land raider crusader

Is it classed as cheesy to use the above, because that word got thrown around a bit afterwards,the guys were all joking about it,but I dont want to become "that" plater.

Lord D'Mim
18-10-2014, 17:29
So I had my first couple of games with my inquisition force today(1st against ravenwing got stomped,2nd against wolves,which I won)

Priest
10 death cultists
Land raider crusader

Is it classed as cheesy to use the above, because that word got thrown around a bit afterwards,the guys were all joking about it,but I dont want to become "that" plater.

Not really, you missed the 3-4 Crusaders that makes it cheesier. PS and SS for 15pts.

librisrouge
19-10-2014, 01:54
Even then...one AV14 vehicle isn't cheesy at all and, even with Crusaders to tank wounds, that unit folds to a volley of Bolter fire. That means that they tend to kill a single unit and then die in droves before doing much else. They'll adapt to the unit soon and then they'll stop calling you cheesy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrKeef
24-10-2014, 00:23

Priest
10 death cultists
Land raider crusader

I wouldn't call that cheesy at all to be honest. Scions give good shooting and objective holding while one unit goes crazy trying to melee everything. I mean, you only have one av14 vehicle, this seems like a pretty balanced list, I would ply about it and I'm a fluff bunny.

Dr.Clock
24-10-2014, 04:18
Yeah - roll with the punches, man... is it a powerful unit? Yes. Is it really cool? Also yessss. It's also like what... 1/3rd of a 1500 pt army? And you're using Scions as a standalone army outside of that? Meh - sounds like great fun to go up against IMO.

Sure, sure, it rides roughshod over MeQ of most stripes, but it has some pretty hard counters in a) shooting of almost any kind and b) pretty much anything with a 2+, 3++ or high enough T.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Still Standing
24-10-2014, 08:32
A Space Wolf player has nothing to complain about with that unit. Tell him to bring more Thunder Wolf Cavalry with Storm Shields (as much as I dislike the concept).

SamaNagol
27-10-2014, 03:04
Death Cult Assassins cheesy? Maybe 2 years ago....

Spiney Norman
27-10-2014, 08:06
Death Cult Assassins cheesy? Maybe 2 years ago....

Haha, not even then, there have always been more effective ways to break the game than DCAs, and in 7th edition there are more ways to break the game than ever before.

Poseidal
27-10-2014, 08:38
Hyper-inflated stats that don't make sense fluffwise.

Clively
28-10-2014, 12:17
A DCA force is anything but cheesy. They are solid close combat hitters in a game where shooting has
an edge. Sounds like you are forcing them to adapt and modify their lists. Some people don't like that.

dangerboyjim
28-10-2014, 23:26
Yep, would have no complaints if you plonked that down in front of me.

A pair of inquisitors bring a bunch of highly trained psychopaths and screaming zealot, bursting out of a landraider, while storm troopers hold the line.

That sounds like 40K