- Should be reduced to 10 points.

Melee Weapons:
Power weapon:
- Should be reduced to 10 points.
Power fist:
- Should be reduced to 15 points.

Heirlooms of Conquest:
The Emperor's Benediction:
- Its points cost should be reduced to 3.
The Laurels of Command:
- Its range should be increased to 12''.
The Tactical Auto-Recliquary of Tyberius:
- Should also double as a standard voxcaster.
- Should work with all Order tests.
- The device should fail on a double 6 rather than a double 1.
The Blade of Conquest:
- Its point cost should be reduced to 15.
The Deathmask of Ollanius:
- It should also provide the wearer the Fearless and Eternal Warrior universal special rules.

Astra Militarum Vehicle Equipment:
Fire barrels:
- Should be reduced to 5 points.

Headquarters:

Commissar Yarrick:
- Remove Chain of Command, it's an outdated rule with 7th edition.
- Remove Summary Execution, it doesn't suit Yarricks fluff.
- Should have the Stubborn universal special rule.
Creed and Kell:
- Should be increased to 100 points, combine them into a single entry/purchase.
- Kell's Listen Up, Maggots! should go off Creeds leadership, not his own.
Colonel 'Iron Hand' Straken:
- Should be an independent character rather than a command squad upgrade.
Nork Deddog:
- Should be reduced to 60 points.
Lord Commissar:
- Should be reduced to 50 points.
- Remove Chain of Command, it's an outdated rule with 7th edition.
Commissar:
- Should be given 2 wounds, this would help differentiate them from Ministorum Priests, as Ministorum Priests offer their attached unit Fearless and numerous close-combat buffs. This would also make them a better platform to be given special wargear.
Enginseer:
- Should be reduced to 30 points.

Troops:

Infantry Platoon:
Heavy Weapon Squad:
- Should be reduced to 30 points.
- They should also have access to a dedicated transport.
Special Weapon Squad:
- They should also have access to a dedicated transport.
Conscripts:
- They should be independent of the Infantry Platoon entirely, this would give them better utility. As at current, it's better to just get more Guardsmen for the standard platoon with the points investment you already have to commit.
- Should be increased to 70 points base.
- Should be increased to 35 points per additional 10 models.
Sergeant Harker:
- Should be increased to 60 points.
- Should give his squad the Infiltrate, Stealth and Move Through Cover universal special rules.

Dedicated Transports:

Taurox:
- Should be given side armour 11.
Chimera:
- Should be reduced to 60 points.
Taurox Prime:
- Should be reduced to 70 points.
- Should be given side armour 11.
- Should be allowed to be taken by Veterans
- Should be allowed to be taken by Company Command Squads
- Taurox missile launcher: 10 points.

Elites:

Ogryns:
- Should be reduced to 105 points base.
- Should be reduced to 35 points per model.
Bullgryns:
- Should be reduced to 120 points base.
- Should be reduced to 40 points per model.
Ratlings:
- Should be reduced to 45 points base.
- Should be reduced to 9 points per model.
- Initial squad size of 5.
Wyrdvane Psykers:
- Should be reduced to 50 points base.
- Should be reduced to 10 points a model.
- Should be able to increase their Mastery Level with more members.
Militarum Tempestus Command Squad:
- Should be reduced to 75 points base.
- Scions should be increased to WS4.
- Hotshot lasguns and pistols should be increased to range 24 and 12 respectively.
Militarum Tempestus Scions:
- Should be reduced to 60 points base.
- Scions should be increased to WS4.
- Hotshot lasguns and pistols should be increased to range 24 and 12 respectively.

Fast Attack:

Rough Riders:
- Should be reduced to 50 points base.
- Should be reduced to 10 points per model.
Hellhound:
- Should be reduced to 90 points per model
- Should be given searchlights and smoke launchers base.
Bane Wolf:
- Should be reduced to 95 points per model
Devil Dog:
- Should be reduced to 95 points per model.

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Squadron:
Leman Russ Battle Tank:
- Should be reduced to 145 points per model.
Leman Russ Eradicator:
- Should be increased to 130 points per model.
Leman Russ Vanquisher:
- Should be decreased to 130 points per model.
Leman Russ Demolisher:
- Should be reduced to 160 points per model.
Leman Russ Punisher:
- Should be increased to 145 points per model.
Leman Russ Executioner:
-Should be increased to 160 points per model.

Hydra Battery:
- Should be reduced to 65 points.
Basilisk Battery:
- Should be reduced to 115 points per model.
Wyvern Battery:
- Its weapon should be Heavy 1, rather than Heavy 2 as at current.
Manticore:
- Should be reduced to 160 points.

Opinions on these adjustments? Were some things reduced/changed too much, or are some of these spot on?

Snake Tortoise
20-10-2014, 08:52
Skimming through, your suggestions seem sensible and justifiable but for a long list of point reductions I can't see a single nerf or points increase on anything. Reduced capacity on the vendetta was the only thing I spotted straight away. It might be tough to sell that to an opponent given the IG dex isn't exactly considered weak to begin with.

Wyverns should be up for a start. Possibly the eradicator too. I'm on the fence about Pask and tank commanders. Maybe a significant increase for both but remove the requirement to take an extra russ.

Personally I'd slap +20% on every flyer in the game but there's not much point doing that to IG and not everyone else. If it were up to me flyers, superheavies and MCs with 6 or more wounds would be generally over priced so their place is friendly environments and not tournament play

Lord General Armstrong
20-10-2014, 12:50
Wyverns should be up for a start. Possibly the eradicator too. I'm on the fence about Pask and tank commanders. Maybe a significant increase for both but remove the requirement to take an extra russ.

I've halved the Wyverns attacks, this should combat most of its killing power. I will take a look at some of the other leman russ prices though, some could potentially go up 5-10 points (the eradicators the obvious choice) - which would indirectly bring up the tank commanders price.

I'm just trying to make everything in the list competitive in one way or another. Unfortunately there's only so many ways you can kit out a T3 model before you start getting into demising returns. I'd be happy to see some other members try and make some tweaks to their own codex's. :)

Ironbone
20-10-2014, 13:46
I absouletly agree with ( almost) everthing above. Only two exceptions are :

Valkyrie/Vendetta Squadron: Currently fine for their points cost.
- Reduce the transport capacity of the standard Valkyrie to 10, and increase the Vendatta's capacity to 10. For the sake of completeness, the increased points cost was enough.
IMHO valk/V are in fine position at each other. Transport capacity reduction for Vendetta was one of the most requested things to be changed (incloding by IG players), and IMHO we should not change something we actually wanted. 6 is still enough to carry vide range of small units.

I think that won't be enough on it's own. Hot-shots in current state put way to much restiction upon Scions with low Str, few shots and byond pathetic range. Increasing range ceartainly will help, but still will left us with somewhat expensive model with very unimpresive durability. For me hot-shots should be either :
- R18" assoult 2
- R24" Salvo 2/3
Option 2 is more in line with other Scions weapon - hot shot voley gun, wich is basicly enlarged hot shot lasgun. Option 1 puts more focus onto mobility and agresive, close ranged firefights ( Scions theme ), while sacreficing long range capabilities.

Lord General Armstrong
20-10-2014, 14:19
I absolutely agree with ( almost) everything above. Only two exceptions are :

IMHO valk/V are in fine position at each other. Transport capacity reduction for Vendetta was one of the most requested things to be changed (including by IG players), and IMHO we should not change something we actually wanted. 6 is still enough to carry a wide range of small units.

I'll give you that one. My idea was that the idea of the rhino vs the razorback (more capacity vs more firepower) wasn't as appropriate for Guard as it is for Marines.

I think that won't be enough on it's own. Hot-shots in current state put way to much restriction upon Scions with low Str, few shots and beyond pathetic range. Increasing range certainly will help, but still will left us with somewhat expensive model with very unimpressive durability. For me hot-shots should be either :
- R18" assault 2
- R24" Salvo 2/3
Option 2 is more in line with other Scions weapon - hot shot volley gun, which is basically enlarged hot shot lasgun. Option 1 puts more focus onto mobility and aggressive, close ranged firefights ( Scions theme ), while sacrificing long range capabilities.

I do like either of those ideas, but the hotshot lasguns profile has been in debate for awhile. I personally just think if it was reverted back to standard ranges it'd be okay, not exceptional just okay, first rank now works on it and certainly helps with its firepower.