PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch WoC - 2k

exsanguis
21-10-2014, 05:55
Hey guys,

Contemplating getting back into WHFB, and I really dig the idea of mono-Chaos God armies. I figured I would start with Tzeentch. This is the first ever WHFB army I've ever written up, so please be gentle with the C&C!

Sorcerer Lord - 390
MoT, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Disc, Chaos Familiar
Exalted Hero - 211
BSB, Armour of Destiny, Scaly Skin, Halberd

Warriors of Chaos x15 - 285
Hand Weapon and Shields, MoT, Full Command
Warriors of Chaos x 12 - 258
Halberds, MoT, Full Command
Warhounds x5
Warhounds x5
Chaos Chariot - 120
MoT

Chaos Warshrine - 135
MoT
Chimaera - 275
Regeneration, Flaming Breath
Chimaera - 275
Regeneration, Flaming Breath

This leaves me 9 points over, though I'm not sure what to drop. MoT on the Chariot?

Thanks for any comments!

Aranel
21-10-2014, 14:16
Hi there,

A good solid first list; I'd only recommend a few tweaks:

I'd swap the familiar for a dispel scroll and put the 3rd eye of tz on your wizard as well. Lorewise I'd recommend metal although tzeentch is better for getting rid of chaff units that can really annoy a warriors army.

kikibobo
21-10-2014, 14:28
I feel like your blocks of warriors are a little sparse. 18-20 seems to be the solid number for warriors, ranking them 6 wide. Maybe drop one of the warrior units to make a big block of them? I wouldnt drop the chariot and you dont want to drop regen or flaming breath from the chimaeras so not sure how you would accomplish it otherwise.

exsanguis
21-10-2014, 22:46
I suppose I'm still stuck in the 40k mindset of 2 Troops (i.e. Core). I could drop the Halberds, bump up the HW/Shield unit to 20 and then maybe add another Chariot?

Would it be worth it it to try and fit in another Sorcerer (level 2?) with a dispel scroll to bunker in with the Warriors?

Also I'm not sold on the Warshrine. Everything I've read seems to say they're great with Chosen, but since I don't have any is it wasted on regular Warriors? Dropping the Warshrine would allow me to keep both Warrior squads and flesh them out considerably.

In Dark Trees
22-10-2014, 15:21
I've rarely seen Warriors of Tzeentch without hand weapons and shields. I would consider focusing on augmenting their considerable durabilityby equipping your halberd-armed warriors with swords and boards.

I actually find Warshrines very difficult to deal with and wouldn't consider dropping it. If I were forced to drop something it would be the chariot. I'd remove that and bolster the Warriors. They are a tough nut to crack.

gero_nz
22-10-2014, 20:36
2000 points is too small for two units of warriors imo - drop one and bulk up the other slightly, then put the leftover points elsewhere. Maybe more chariots or a hellcannon etc.

I'd keep the HW/S unit