PDA

View Full Version : 2400pt Tournament Ogre Kingdoms

Minigiant
28-10-2014, 16:26
So i want to thank everyone who helped me with my first Ogre kingdoms list after numerous games i have decided that Lore of beasts and neither is lore of heavens are not for me and with another local tournament coming up i thought i would run LotGM.

Without further ado here is my new list

LORD - Slaughtermaster: 388 Points
Level 4 LotGM, Armour of Destiny, Iron Fist, Earthing Rod, Ruby Ring of Ruin

HERO - Bruiser: 190 Points
BSB, Heavy Armour, Crown of Command, Dragonhelm, Great weapon

HERO - Firebelly: 154 Points
Level 1 Lore of fire, Great weapon, Dispel Scroll,

CORE -7 Ironguts: 346 Points
Full command, Banner of Discipline

CORE -8 Bulls: 286 Points
Full Command, Ironfists

SPECIAL -4 Leadbelchers: 182 Points
Bellower

SPECIAL -3 Maneaters: 216 Points
Brace of Pistols, Musician, Standard Bearer; Banner of Eternal flame
Poison, Stubborn

SPECIAL - 3 Mournfang Cavalry: 235 Points
Ironfist, Heavy Armour, Bellower, Standard bearer, Gleaming Pennant

SPECIAL - Sabretusk: 21 Points

RARE - Ironblaster: 170 Points
RARE - Ironblaster: 170 Points

So tell me what you think? I have kept what i have really liked from my previous beast list and heavens list and improved upon what i did not

Rawdogg15
28-10-2014, 17:08
You seem to have a lot of small units but not an MSU army. Personally I would think that you need to make a choice between the mournfang and the maneaters. Ditch one and use those points to make the other one bigger/stronger. Other than that, it's a pretty scary list I'd say, although I'd be happier facing LotGM than Beasts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kikibobo
28-10-2014, 20:55
This is a really good non-deathstar approach to ogres. I have to agree with Rawdogg15 though that I would drop maneaters or mournfangs and put the points into the other. My friend has had great success with LotGM but I dont think he has ever run beasts for me to know how it stands for this army

Nagash333
29-10-2014, 15:36
This is a really good non-deathstar approach to ogres. I have to agree with Rawdogg15 though that I would drop maneaters or mournfangs and put the points into the other. My friend has had great success with LotGM but I dont think he has ever run beasts for me to know how it stands for this army

Agree with all of this. I'd go for a smaller number of larger units e.g. increase the size of the Bulls. Re LoGM, I really like it but beasts is just so much stronger overall. However in the context of this army you'd need to add in a butcher with the LoGM to enable you to take Beasts

kikibobo
29-10-2014, 19:28
Agree with all of this. I'd go for a smaller number of larger units e.g. increase the size of the Bulls. Re LoGM, I really like it but beasts is just so much stronger overall. However in the context of this army you'd need to add in a butcher with the LoGM to enable you to take Beasts

Good point. Dont ogres have to have at least one mage with LotGM?

Minigiant
29-10-2014, 19:59
Good point. Dont ogres have to have at least one mage with LotGM?

Yes they do

In short i believe that i need at least 4 things that can clear chaff in my elf ridden meta so i have 2 fireballs, leadbelchers and maneaters. The wizards are in a fine balance. By changing from LotGM i would need to swap my firebelly and i can only take one ruby ring :(