PDA

View Full Version : 3 Thirsters....2400pt Khorne Daemons

Time of Madness
28-10-2014, 23:38
Well my gaming group and local tourny scene has embraced the new errata with 50% lords and heros. We've also moved the point limit in the majority of our games to 2400pts (from 2000 or 2200pts).

I've been making a few daemon lists with the new restrictions and think I like this one the best

CHARACTERS

Bloodthrister (General)
= 400pts

Bloodthrister
= 400pts

Bloodthrister
= 400pts

CORE

40 Bloodletters
- Full Command
- Eternal Flame Banner
= 600pts

SPECIAL

5 Flesh Hounds
- Ambushers
= 165pts

5 Flesh Hounds
- Ambushers
= 165pts

RARE

Skull Cannon
= 135pts

Skull Cannon
= 135pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2400pts

3 Thristers hang out on a flank and combo charge as much as they can.

The hounds will ambush while the letters make their way across the board.

Anyone like it?
Time of Madness

Nagash333
29-10-2014, 16:31
Really like it. The image of 3 Bloodthirsters charging at you is fantastic!

Magic will cause you problems however that army is brutal in close combat!

kikibobo
29-10-2014, 20:26
That army just looks scary. Luckily you will have MR on everything to help combat magic. Getting off the charge will be vital and you will need to be moving those cannons up quickly to help support as everything is going to get into combat quickly. Its going to be hard to beat 3 thirsters, but as an alternative, you might want to consider dropping one to add a third skull cannon and a herald + loci + gifts/bsb. Dont know if that would be better, but just a thought

SanDiegoSurrealist
29-10-2014, 20:28
Looks nasty.
Dont waste banner on Bloodletters, Hellblades are magic weapons so banner has no effect.

If you dropped a BloodThirster, you could take a Herald of Khorne on Throne with Frenzy or Hatred loci and just drive him around passing out Frenzy/Hatred to everyone within 6"

edit: Can also make Herald BSB.

Rudra34
29-10-2014, 20:30
He needs the banner for exact points.

This army looks one-dimensional, but awesome. I hope you wreck people with it :)

SanDiegoSurrealist
29-10-2014, 20:32
He needs the banner for exact points.

This army looks one-dimensional, but awesome. I hope you wreck people with it :)

Sure but banner is useless to them, throwing away points.
Better to take Gleaming Pendant banner for the LD re-roll since no BSB.

Rudra34
29-10-2014, 20:37
Yes, but the pennant is not enough points for his core requirement. The flaming banner is useless, but it is his only way to get to exactly 600 points core required for this army.

kikibobo
29-10-2014, 20:41
Yes, but the pennant is not enough points for his core requirement. The flaming banner is useless, but it is his only way to get to exactly 600 points core required for this army.

He could always drop ambusher on one of the flesh hound groups and pick up the discipline banner on the bloodletters. I find ambusher hit or miss anyways, especially with an army this fast and in your face. it would leave 10 points but that is not a huge loss in 2400pts

But I still think i would prefer a herald bsb + loci in this list. The discipline banner would help make up the difference a little though or alternative a swiftness one could get you into combat all the more quickly

daftpunkevo
30-10-2014, 09:28
Should be very fun!

GenerationTerrorist
31-10-2014, 21:26
This would be an awesome army to game against. Pure carnage!

White_13oy
31-10-2014, 22:17
I don't know if he's considered good, but doesn't Karanak cause miscasts on any roll of doubles? That could help with enemy wizards.

theunwantedbeing
31-10-2014, 23:00
Anyone like it?
Time of Madness

I like it, it's not a hugely powerful army but it is completely absurd to field 3 bloodthirsters.
I like the banner that's just there to eat up points, and the ambushing flesh hounds that are simply ambushing because it eats up a few extra points.

More people need to build lists like this.
(please post pics of the three bloodthirsters)

Kayosiv
31-10-2014, 23:07
I think you should run the bloodletters with the +1 movement banner. It doesn't work out exactly, oh wells. DON'T run the bloodletters as a horde. Run them as a nice 5 wide bus. They don't need to kill things. You have 3 blood thirsters in the army. The bloodletter's job should be to be fast enough and have enough ranks to combo charge infantry blocks with the bloodletters so they break steadfast.

Time of Madness
31-10-2014, 23:49
Woah! Thanks for all the great comments.

Yes the eternal flame banner is just in the list to hit my min core number (600pts). I'd much rather the swiftness banner especially when hoarding the letters, but it would mean me dropping the ambush rule off one of the units of hounds.

@Kayosiv - You bring up a good point with the letters... In a list like this with 3 thristers and 2 units of hounds I may be better off just putting the letters 5 wide and using the rank bonus to hang around. I may give that a try next game.

As far as adding a herald goes, it seems like a good idea, but would mean me having to most likely drop a thristers (which at this point I'm not willing to do). The herald also provides my opponents with a fairly easy model to kill and target.

Thanks again!
Time of Madness

Reiko321
03-11-2014, 07:42
In Swedish, this comps out at 11.0 right? (Provided you can take 50%lords in that format presently)

Rotgut
04-11-2014, 15:38
Blood and Glory is going to be a challenge.

TheRiverTrollKing
04-11-2014, 16:34
Let us know how the this list does in combat.