PDA

View Full Version : combined chaos... daemon reign of chaos chart?

EvanM
28-10-2014, 22:45
Simple question, Does the new combined chaos army list include the dameon reign of chaos chart?

If so.... wow.

Ramius4
29-10-2014, 03:20
Simple answer. We don't know yet. We should know in a day or two though.

EvanM
29-10-2014, 04:21
Oh I thought people already had the book.

God I hope they don't get it.

AM1640
29-10-2014, 04:28
I doubt it will stay. SOme/ most of the special army rules for VC and TK were altered or dropped for the combined Legion of Undeath.

Ramius4
29-10-2014, 06:34
I doubt it will stay. SOme/ most of the special army rules for VC and TK were altered or dropped for the combined Legion of Undeath.

Only enough rules to make the army function as a whole though. I bet the reign of chaos table stays since there's nothing in it that prevents the army from functioning.

Urgat
29-10-2014, 06:37
They also tried to find fluffy explanations why the rules went away with undead, like Nagash controlling the wind of whatever allows the undead to stay around even w/o a powerful necromancer caster nearby.

Kerrahn
29-10-2014, 06:38
Reading the White Dwarf battle report implies there will be some sort of table, which may be a carbon copy of the Reign of Chaos table, or might be altered slightly to reflect Chaos' power during the End Times. No details other than that.

Ramius4
29-10-2014, 06:42
Reading the White Dwarf battle report implies there will be some sort of table, which may be a carbon copy of the Reign of Chaos table, or might be altered slightly to reflect Chaos' power during the End Times. No details other than that.

Who knows. Might be a replacement too.

Metacarpi
29-10-2014, 09:10

The "Oh Glorious Decay" result that they mention in White Dwarf doesn't appear on the current Reign of Chaos table - whatever happens in the ET:Glotkin table, it's new.

Malagor
29-10-2014, 11:41
Maybe the book will give a purely nurgle based table.
Those that read the WD issue, did it work the same way with 6's to hit?

EvanM
29-10-2014, 13:07
no offense, but do chaos really need a random chart that kills stuff all game? I mean maybe if you had NO magic whatsoever and the chart was all you got, sure, but no.

underscore
29-10-2014, 13:11
It's probably worth waiting the 3 days to see what the table actually does.

Metacarpi
29-10-2014, 13:55
no offense, but do chaos really need a random chart that kills stuff all game? I mean maybe if you had NO magic whatsoever and the chart was all you got, sure, but no.

Reign of Chaos usually does precisely jack *****.

Djekar
29-10-2014, 14:11
Reign of Chaos consistently kills at least a single one of my warmachines or characters in every game I play against Daemons. I wouldn't call that "jack *****".

EvanM
29-10-2014, 14:25
Exactly. Last game I saw, the chart killed the lvl4 heirophant and turned it into a lvl 1 guy for the daemon player. Everyone crumbles just because you rolled on a Flippin chart that can't be stopped. Its like you get a free, unstoppable random bound spell auto cast everyturn

Metacarpi
29-10-2014, 14:33
Assuming you roll the result, and then enemy units roll a 6, and then the effect isn't scattered etc.

I'm not saying that the chart NEVER EVER DOES ANYTHING EVER, I'm saying that it doesn't have a big of an impact as people seem to think it does. At least not in my experience.

underscore
29-10-2014, 14:50
Of course there's also all the times you have to take stability tests on all your units, or go down to a 6+ save or Slaneesh takes off a Skull Cannon.

I don't like the game design, but it's definitely a very different experience playing with the army battle after battle rather than just remembering the times it worked.

Djekar
29-10-2014, 16:33
I know this isn't what we're talking about in this thread - but the idea that over the long run (many discrete games) the table evens out is a horrible design decision IMO.

underscore
29-10-2014, 16:46
Yep, no argument here.

EvanM
29-10-2014, 16:55
yeah its the same concept as playing skaven. you can simulate any game vs skaven by rolling on this chart:

1-2 skaven loses because they roll horribly and blow themselves up
3-4 its close, go ahead and play the game out to see what happens
5-6 skaven rolls rediculously good and blow you up, you had no chance to win, just pick up your models and wipe your tears away with your crumpled up army list.

SanDiegoSurrealist
29-10-2014, 19:07
The End Times Reign of Chaos chart might function like it does in 40k.
Only use it if your Primary Force is Daemons.

Since players will be able to mix and match from the three books, (Daemons, Warriors, and Beastmen) according to the White Dwarf, it might be a core % thing, or based on Lord choice, or it might have a whole new chart; as mentioned above.

Malagor
29-10-2014, 19:49
Well leaks are out. All Chaos legion does get a new Reign of Chaos table that works just like the daemon one.
So yeah, WoC and Beastmen get it.

EvanM
29-10-2014, 20:13
Well leaks are out. All Chaos legion does get a new Reign of Chaos table that works just like the daemon one.

god save us all..... we are so screwed. People thought nagash was broken... lol.

underscore
29-10-2014, 21:42
It's better than the Daemon one - all the god-attacks only hit the enemy, a roll of a 7 means you get to use the attack of the god-attack of your general's alignment and rolling a 2 doubles daemon's unstable losses rather than forcing the whole army to take a Daemonic Instability test (though that could go either way).

Montegue
29-10-2014, 21:45
No chaos dwarves in the Chaos legion...interesting...

EvanM
29-10-2014, 22:00
No chaos dwarves in the Chaos legion...interesting...

GW wont make rules for units they themselves do not sell. Same reason why when the combined human army comes out I am certain we wont get kislev soldiers

Scammel
29-10-2014, 22:05
GW wont make rules for units they themselves do not sell. Same reason why when the combined human army comes out I am certain we wont get kislev soldiers

GW sell Chaos Dwarfs. It should come as little surprise that they weren't in the combined list, but GW sell both models and rules for Chaos Dwarfs.

underscore
29-10-2014, 22:10
FW are still a separate company... division.... thing, no?

Scammel
29-10-2014, 22:15
It's a division within Games Workshop. It is still Games Workshop.

Scribe of Khorne
29-10-2014, 23:23

Link? PM?

10 Characters?

Djekar
29-10-2014, 23:44
On twitter @rhellion had the pictures up earlier.

Ramius4
30-10-2014, 00:31
It's a division within Games Workshop. It is still Games Workshop.

I was under the understanding that FW was a company liscensed to do GW products, and not in any way owned by GW. It's much the same arrangement as Epicast used to have in the 90's before FW took their place.

Fantasy Flight Games also is liscensed to produce games in the GW universes, but is in no way owned by GW.

EvanM
30-10-2014, 01:06
in any case, they didnt do chaos dwarves this time around. If they had.... yeah i mean youd just have chaos but with artillery and who wants to see THAT happen. I know I dont... it makes me shudder.

What everyone would do is just take all the amazingly good artillery chaos dwarves have and then load up on superhuman close combat infantry. Blow you up turn 1-2 then crush you in combat turns 3-4. Game over.

Ramius4
30-10-2014, 01:14
What everyone would do is just take all the amazingly good artillery chaos dwarves have and then load up on superhuman close combat infantry. Blow you up turn 1-2 then crush you in combat turns 3-4. Game over.

Dwarves don't do it, and neither would they. You're not seeing the forest for all the trees.

War machines (and everything else) costs points. If you spend points on them, that's points that you aren't able to spend elsewhere. I dunno how much of this supposed "superhuman close combat" army you think they'll have once they've bought up all these "amazingly good artillery" pieces.

In any case, it won't happen. Not unless GW decided to produce a Chaos Dwarf army.

Scammel
30-10-2014, 07:46
I was under the understanding that FW was a company liscensed to do GW products, and not in any way owned by GW. It's much the same arrangement as Epicast used to have in the 90's before FW took their place.

Fantasy Flight Games also is liscensed to produce games in the GW universes, but is in no way owned by GW.

To my knowledge Epicast used to operate as Fantasy Flight does but without GW's consent. Wanting to avoid unpleasantness, GW outright rebranded and subsumed them. At least, that's what I recall - rest assured that FW is definitely part of GW though.

Ramius4
30-10-2014, 08:02
To my knowledge Epicast used to operate as Fantasy Flight does but without GW's consent. Wanting to avoid unpleasantness, GW outright rebranded and subsumed them. At least, that's what I recall - rest assured that FW is definitely part of GW though.

Not true.

http://www.epicast.com/index.php?mode=page&page=lostandbanned

All this nonsense about FW being owned by GW is just people not knowing the facts. They are an independant company, liscensed to produce models under the GW IP and copyright.

Malagor
30-10-2014, 08:27
Well wiki states that FW is indeed owned by GW.

Snake1311
30-10-2014, 11:30

Its better than the deamon one, gods raging only affects enemy units...

Scammel
30-10-2014, 17:04
All this nonsense about FW being owned by GW is just people not knowing the facts. They are an independant company, liscensed to produce models under the GW IP and copyright.

I guess you know better than Forge World itself: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html

N00B
30-10-2014, 18:57
I guess you know better than Forge World itself: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Frequently_Asked_Questions.html

Ouch! That has to hurt.

In his defence though he didn't say which "forgeworld": "We are not connected with the US company that used the same name many years back for production of resin Warhammer 40,000 vehicles under licence."