PDA

View Full Version : Unstable characters in normal units (LoC)

Thurisaz
30-10-2014, 13:05
AFAIK unstable characters (LoC daemon heralds) can join normal units (gors). I just wonder how does the unstable rule work if the unit loses a combat? Does the herald get killed by combat resolution or does it function as a normal character in the unit would? Or something else?

Adding loci to mortal units rocks.

furrie
30-10-2014, 13:44
From what I can see the character is screwed. Seeing as the rules only talks when the character has joined an unstable unit or is ridding an unstable mount, but not when he is in a normal unit. So the character would then take the wounds.
PS. unstable characters can join non-unstable units, but not the other way around.

bobhope99
30-10-2014, 13:51
The way it reads, unstable only effects units. As the unit is not unstable it will have no effect at all.

kylek2235
30-10-2014, 16:38
"Only Daemonic Characters can join units of Daemons. Furthermore, Daemonic Characters can only join units that are solely composed of Daemons of the same allegiance as themselves."

I don't think this allows Daemonic Heralds to join a unit of Gor.

Thurisaz
30-10-2014, 17:01
"Only Daemonic Characters can join units of Daemons. Furthermore, Daemonic Characters can only join units that are solely composed of Daemons of the same allegiance as themselves."

I don't think this allows Daemonic Heralds to join a unit of Gor.
Aaaargh! Dammits! You're right.

Wesser
04-11-2014, 09:16
I once played a scenario where you could include one character from another army and my opponent included a Vampire lord in his WoC army.

Unstable only affects units, but it was the same for Unbreakable.

I thus had the amusing situation of a Vampire Lord fleeing the battlefield when he and his Chaos Warriors broke in combat :)

Lord Zarkov
04-11-2014, 20:04
I once played a scenario where you could include one character from another army and my opponent included a Vampire lord in his WoC army.

Unstable only affects units, but it was the same for Unbreakable.

I thus had the amusing situation of a Vampire Lord fleeing the battlefield when he and his Chaos Warriors broke in combat :)

Tbh from a background perspective I don't get why lone vampires and Necros can't choose to take a normal break test and flee instead of crumbling away.
Certainly in the background they frequently run away when things are going badly, and crumbling isn't applicable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MasterSparks
04-11-2014, 21:34
Tbh from a background perspective I don't get why lone vampires and Necros can't choose to take a normal break test and flee instead of crumbling away.
Certainly in the background they frequently run away when things are going badly, and crumbling isn't applicable.

Back in 4th/5th that's what they used to do. They broke and ran like everyone else. GW probably dropped it as a way to streamline the rules.

Maetco
05-11-2014, 06:46

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a strategy/tactics game. From real life percpective the fact that no unit can just choose to flee after a CC has started makes no sense. There has been many occations where I was counting on the opponent breaking my unit but s/he ended up rolling below average in the CC and I rolled something like 3 in the break test. But like I said, it's a game and the rules are there to make a fun and tactical game with nice amount of variety.

Wesser
05-11-2014, 07:03
It's a strategy/tactics game. From real life percpective the fact that no unit can just choose to flee after a CC has started makes no sense. There has been many occations where I was counting on the opponent breaking my unit but s/he ended up rolling below average in the CC and I rolled something like 3 in the break test. But like I said, it's a game and the rules are there to make a fun and tactical game with nice amount of variety.

Hit-and-Run do exist though... it's just not very common