PDA

View Full Version : How should i equip my general?

The Black Knight
25-06-2006, 08:57
Hi everybody.

I am doing a VC army of 2000 points and i would appreciate to know the best way to equip a Von Carstein. By the way should i use the lord or the count?

cheers
The Black Knight

Keller
25-06-2006, 15:52
If you are playing Carstiens, Aura of Dark Majesty is certainly a must. Expanding your tactical range by half is never a bad thing.

I also reccommend a ward save, since if your general dies, so too does the army. I often spring for the Crown of the Damned, relying on the high LD to pass the leadership checks, but many people go with the Ring of the Night or even the Gem of Blood. You could get away without any save, since he's already hard as nails and can heal himself with magic, but I still don't like to chance it, due to the crumbling.

My usual set up is Aura, Crown of the Damned, and either the Staff of Damnation or the Spell Familiar and a scroll. I toss in an extra handweapon to add another S5 attack and set him up in some zombies.

As for the Lord vs Count, it doesn't really matter. I find that I don't need to have 4 heros, so I usually just take the Lord to fill my slots and get an extra dispel dice. For about the same cost though, you could take both a Count and a Necromancer, giving you even more magic power. Just think about where you want your characters, and what you want them to do. If you feel you need a 4th character, take the Count. If you don't, try the Lord.

Latro
25-06-2006, 17:28
Hi everybody.

I am doing a VC army of 2000 points and i would appreciate to know the best way to equip a Von Carstein. By the way should i use the lord or the count?

cheers
The Black Knight

Depends on:

a) The type of army he leads
b) His role in the army

Without any information on those two points it's very hard to say something useful on the matter.

:cool:

sephiroth87
26-06-2006, 22:14
Mine is meant to be a support unit that hangs out in a unit of skeletons and marches forward. I always, always, always take a count. The Lord choice doesn't give you that much more for the points.

I give him the ring of the night, an extra hand weapon, the level 2 wizard upgrade, and the aura of Dark Majesty. He's fast enough and strong enough to not need anything else.

Varath- Lord Impaler
03-07-2006, 13:38
I give my Lord the Carstein ring to really duke it out with other characters and make it that my army dosnt crumble.

Narok
05-07-2006, 12:52
For 25 army points you can take the power of calling the wolves. Whit this you can call a 1d3 wolves who will appear in any border of the table. A single wolf can be very usefull if you put them in a angle of 45š and in 1'5'' of the enemy cavalry in order to create a movement problem to your enemy: If he charges and elimiante the wolf (or wolves) and donīt wont to pursuit after, he will be in the range of your cavalry. If he pursuit he will be of the table so you only have to wait a turn to charge him. Upgrade this tactic whit more wolves units and the black coach to elimiante the fastest enemy unist