PDA

View Full Version : Starting skaven 2500

Yersinia Pestis
31-10-2014, 14:36
I've started skaven and i'm thinking of getting everything on this list first as i think it would work. Unfortunately, nobody else in my meta plays 'em so here's my 2500 list for review:

+++ New Roster (2500pts) +++
+++ 0pt Skaven - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.7.7. Roster (End Times)) +++

Selections:

Skaven - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.7.7. (End Times) Selections:

+ (No Category) +

* - Army Size
Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords + (500pts)

* Grey Seer (240pts)
(Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed), the Dreaded Thirteenth Spell, Verminous Valour (FAQ'ed))
Warpstone Tokens (FAQ'ed)
* Wizard Level 4
Skaven Spells of Ruin and/or Plague

* Warlord (120pts)
(Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed), Verminous Valour (FAQ'ed))
* Magic Items and Scavenge-pile items (30pts)
AB(Clan Skryre Gear of War) - Doomrocket (FAQ'ed) (30pts)

* Warlord (140pts)
(Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed), Verminous Valour (FAQ'ed))
* Magic Items and Scavenge-pile items (50pts)
AB(Clan Eshin Tools of War) - Warpstone Stars (FAQ'ed) (50pts)

+ Heroes + (272pts)

* Chieftain (122pts)
Magic Items and Scavenge-pile items, Shield (2pts)
* Battle Standard Bearer (75pts)
AB - Storm Banner (FAQ'ed) (50pts)

* Warlock Engineer (85pts)
* Magic Items and Scavenge-pile items (20pts)
AB - Warp-energy Condenser (20pts)
* Wizard Level 1 (50pts)
Skaven Spells of Ruin

* Warlock Engineer (65pts)
Magic Items and Scavenge-pile items
* Wizard Level 1 (50pts)
Skaven Spells of Ruin

+ Core + (830pts)

* Clanrats (210pts)
(Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed))
35x Clanrats (140pts)
* Warpfire Thrower (70pts)
Warpfire Thrower (Attached Unit, Rapid Reaction, Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed))

* Skavenslaves (100pts)
(Cornered Rats (FAQ'ed), Expendable (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed))
* 40x Skavenslaves (100pts)
40x Slings (20pts)

* Skavenslaves (100pts)
(Cornered Rats (FAQ'ed), Expendable (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed))
* 40x Skavenslaves (100pts)
40x Slings (20pts)

* Stormvermin (420pts)
Musician (5pts)
* Doom-flayer (55pts)
Doom-flayer (Attached Unit, Impact Hits (D3), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Strength in Numbers (FAQ'ed), The Best Defence, Whirling Death)
* Standard Bearer (40pts)
AB - Shroud of Dripping Death (FAQ'ed) (30pts)
* 40x Stormvermin (320pts)
40x Shields (40pts)

+ Rare + (480pts)

* Doomwheel (150pts)
(Grinding Down the Foe, Immune to Psychology, Impact Hits (D6+1), Large Target, Rolling Doom (FAQ'ed), Terror, Zzzzap! (FAQ'ed))

* Doomwheel (150pts)
(Grinding Down the Foe, Immune to Psychology, Impact Hits (D6+1), Large Target, Rolling Doom (FAQ'ed), Terror, Zzzzap! (FAQ'ed))

* Warp Lightning Cannon (90pts)
(Warp Lightning Cannon (FAQ'ed), Warpstone Weapon (FAQ'ed))

* Warp Lightning Cannon (90pts)
(Warp Lightning Cannon (FAQ'ed), Warpstone Weapon (FAQ'ed))

+ Special + (418pts)

* Poisoned Wind Globadiers (80pts)
(Life is Cheap (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Skirmishers, Volley from the Back)
8x Globadiers (80pts)

* Poisoned Wind Globadiers (80pts)
(Life is Cheap (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Skirmishers, Volley from the Back)
8x Globadiers (80pts)

* Rat Ogres (128pts)
Packmaster (8pts) (Mixed Unit (FAQ'ed), Running with the Pack, Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed)), Rat Ogres (40pts) (Beast Pack, Fear, Frenzy, Mixed Unit (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Stomp), Rat Ogres (40pts) (Beast Pack, Fear, Frenzy, Mixed Unit (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Stomp), Rat Ogres (40pts) (Beast Pack, Fear, Frenzy, Mixed Unit (FAQ'ed), Scurry Away! (FAQ'ed), Stomp)

* Warplock Jezzails (130pts)
Champion (10pts), 6x Jezzail Team (120pts)

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Yersinia Pestis
31-10-2014, 14:40
I only need the globadiers, the rest i allready have. I refuse to play abombs as i simply hate all models they released yet....

EvanM
31-10-2014, 17:32
Okay skaven is a very old book, so theres some things that you need to know

Warlords suck, only take one if you want to give him the fellblade (hes a suice character with a sword that slowly kills him but its rediculously powerful)

globardiers will almost never kills stuff worth killing unless your opponent has tons of knights.

your cheiftain and grey seer should go in the clanrats and hide their all game, never get that unit in combat. Stormbanner is a good choice but you dont necessarily have to take it.
jezzails will almost never kill anything either, and they panic off the board from literally anything.

Rat ogres suck in general because they will die SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fast to literally anybody and their LD sucks, a unit of 8 is probably a minimum for them to actually get to do anything.

clanrats are seldom taken except for use as bunkers or a way to bring more weapon teams (so if you are using it as a bunker, then thats good)

slaves are optimal at 50 models each, and no one EVER takes the slings, you will never hit anything even with 200 shots. So take nothing on these guys, just hw no armor.

stormvermin are awesome, take a magic banner (razor banner or stormbanner) and 40 guys is a little small, probably the minimum people use.

never take warlock engineers for their spells, you dont need those spells, what you take them for is giving you magic items: death globe, DOOMROCKET (every skaven army has to take this), etc. You could get away with a single guy with lvl 2 upgrade and doomrocket, but most people take:

warlock with doomrocket = 45 pts
warlock lvl 1 with dispel scroll = 90 pts