PDA

View Full Version : Different interpretations of the Emperor ?

cornonthecob
31-10-2014, 20:39
So how varied is the Imperiums view of the Emperor, I mean we know him as a giant , gold armored brunette but what do his worshipers see him as ?

This was somewhat inspired by the below image I saw and thought "I wonder if a Georgian guard unit thinks of the Emperor like this"

baphomael
31-10-2014, 21:05
Probably as varied as the different cultures within the Imperium. Primitive Sun God has been obliquely referenced (in terms of incorporating the Cult Imperialis into native belief systems), then of course theres the Fenrisian Allfather. Basically, if you can imagine a religious belief system it probably exists, and the Ministorum has probably already swallowed it into the Cult Imperialis in some form.

Lord_Squinty
31-10-2014, 23:12
Look at how differing views are on God (or even Jesus) just here on Earth. Now multiply that by number of planets.
There may even be planets who worship the Emperor as a woman! WTF!? (JK!)

To expand a bit - take modern day Jesus here on Earth.
Pretty much depicted in most western countries as a white, brunette with a beard.
Now, assume he existed regardless of your personal views, as its a given that the emperor did.
IF he was a white man with a beard, than why did the Romans need Judas to point him out in the crowd?
Surely he stood out like a sore thumb!?

** This is not meant to antagonise peoples religious beliefs., more to point out how many people can have differing views on someone who has been described numerous times, but few cultures seem to agree on what he actually looks like.
Now, multiply that across inhabited 40k worlds. **

Krom Dragongaze
31-10-2014, 23:33
Look at how differing views are on God (or even Jesus) just here on Earth. Now multiply that by number of planets.
There may even be planets who worship the Emperor as a woman! WTF!? (JK!)

To expand a bit - take modern day Jesus here on Earth.
Pretty much depicted in most western countries as a white, brunette with a beard.
Now, assume he existed regardless of your personal views, as its a given that the emperor did.
IF he was a white man with a beard, than why did the Romans need Judas to point him out in the crowd?
Surely he stood out like a sore thumb!?

** This is not meant to antagonise peoples religious beliefs., more to point out how many people can have differing views on someone who has been described numerous times, but few cultures seem to agree on what he actually looks like.
Now, multiply that across inhabited 40k worlds. **

Not going to even touch this with a bargepole.

Probably best to delete the comment, to not start a religious flame war

mightymconeshot
31-10-2014, 23:59
I believe there are 27 recognized variants of the Imperial Truth by the church and hundreds if not thousand of offshoots from those. When the church encounters a new religion they send a priest to see if it is a variant, offshoot or something else that needs to be destroyed/modified/incorporated/etc.
All of this comes from the Eisenhorn series I think but I could be wrong. Maybe it was Inquisitor war. Been a long time since I remember reading it.

Razios
01-11-2014, 04:36
I believe there are 27 recognized variants of the Imperial Truth by the church and hundreds if not thousand of offshoots from those. When the church encounters a new religion they send a priest to see if it is a variant, offshoot or something else that needs to be destroyed/modified/incorporated/etc.
All of this comes from the Eisenhorn series I think but I could be wrong. Maybe it was Inquisitor war. Been a long time since I remember reading it.

Pretty much, for example the emperor live in a vocalno and need sacrifice,or in the sun.

If there is a mythical beast, them the emperor will use it as a mount ot pet

sometimes a great warrior will be a imperial saint or they will fake history so he workship the emperor and so one