PDA

View Full Version : 1500 DE army - afraid to go against Dwarves

Dkrewe
01-11-2014, 05:41
So I am putting together a 1500 point list and will be facing Dwarves who are shooting-heavy with also either 2 or 3 cannons.

The units that I have to work with (no time to buy new ones at the moment) are as follows:

x20 Corsairs
x40 Dreadspears
x20 Darkshards
x2 Reaper Bolt Throwers
x20 Witch Elves (one model of them is technically a Death Hag model)
x20 Executioners
x5 Cold One Knights
x1 Cold One Chariot
x1 Sorceress
x1 Assassin
x1 Fleetmaster

I was planning to run the Executioners in 2 lines with Tullaris Dreadbringer. I was also planning to run the Witch Elves in a block with a Death Hag BSB and Witch Brew (but I am afraid that these two units will just get demolished by cannons). I was going to run a lvl 2 Sorceress with Life lore in a Darkshard bunker so that I can cast toughness on my units or regen to recoup some losses.

I am again just scared to face those evil Dwarves with their shield walls, stubborn, high armor, amazing Lord that eats units, and the Quarrelers combined with the Organ Gun and Grudge Thrower. Any advice on how I could make a list that is not going to just get gunned down would be highly appreciated.

Dkrewe
01-11-2014, 16:32
51 views and no advice?

dreadlord_darkwaters
01-11-2014, 16:50
Id say use the knights but not the chariot. the knights with banner of movement would give you a solid unit to run behind the slow dwarves and hit the cannons on turn 2 or 3. witch elves are cheap and a block is good. a tooled out assassin can handle characters and the bolt throwers can do some damage or take a shot or two from the cannons so your others survive. list isn't bad but your going to have to use tactics in the movement faze to win. out maneuver and never hit the dwarves front on do your best to ht the flank. a good adition to your army when you get the chance is dark riders. with crossbows and vanguard they are ace at taking out the big guns in the back. a unit of 10 would suffice.

dreadlord_darkwaters
01-11-2014, 16:53
the executioners are the only unit you have that can take the drarves head on if you get the charge. but tullaris isn't worth it. a lvl 4 wizard and dark magic would do loads more damage even with the hits your army takes. don't deny the dark magic I use it all the time and tear through high elves just as easily as chaos and dwarves. its spells can make the drarves ws/bs and strength 1 if you get it which isn't hard. logicaly if they cant hit you they cant kill you. good thing against a dwarf shooting line.

Dkrewe
01-11-2014, 16:59
Hmm I was trying to stay away from heavy magic because I have always been lead to believe that it is insanely hard to get magic off vs dwarves. If I invested the points into a lvl 4 sorceress, then how do you suggest I keep her alive without keeping her too far from the fight to actually hit anything?

Mike3791
01-11-2014, 19:55
Hmm I was trying to stay away from heavy magic because I have always been lead to believe that it is insanely hard to get magic off vs dwarves. If I invested the points into a lvl 4 sorceress, then how do you suggest I keep her alive without keeping her too far from the fight to actually hit anything?

Dwarfs used to have insanely powerful anti magic, but they have a new book nowadays and their magic defense is more in line with other armies. Kill the rune priest and you'll have no problem casting.

You might want to give your sorceress a mount for mobility. Kill the gyros first, they murder elves. Then go after other warmachines.

EvanM
01-11-2014, 22:08
against dwarfs you want to get in there face as fast as possible, bring lots of bodies. bring your darkshards but not the bolt throwers (they would be good but cannons will likely take them out before they fire even one time). Also bring small fast units, bring your infantry and magic, your cavalry will likely get killed off, also the chariot will get killed too.

Dkrewe
01-11-2014, 22:36
So this is what I came up with:

x17 Darkspears with full command (18th spot taken by lvl 4 Supreme Sorceress with Shadow lore and Obsidian Amulet)
x13 Witch Elves with full command (14th spot taken by Death Hag with Witch Brew)
x10 Darkshards
x10 Darkshards
x5 Cold One Knights with musician and Dread Knight
x1 Master BSB on Cold One (with Knights)
-Cloak of Twilight, Halberd, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance)
x14 Executioners with Standard and Musician

I am hoping that I can get away with this. THought about dropping 10 points somewhere (musician out of Dreadspears?) and putting the Banner of Swiftness on either my Witch Elves or my Executioners but have not completely decided yet.

Dkrewe
03-11-2014, 01:11
Yup, the dwarven cannon and organ gun destroyed me. The dwarven lord that was barely touchable then slaughtered me because none of my units could do anything to it.