PDA

View Full Version : 1st Empire List

GuroG
01-11-2014, 09:03
Hey all,

Please cast your eyes over this as a base 2500pt list I'm sure there are some improvements to be made & I know doubling up on canons & steam tanks won't win me many friends, but the group I play in has some hard core tournament types!

Anyway here goes

+++ The Empire Strikes Back (2497pts) +++
+++ 2500pt Empire - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.2. Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Empire - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.2. (Standard) Selections:

+ (No Category) +

* - Army Size
Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

* Arch Lector
(Battle Prayers, Divine Power, Righteous Fury)
Heavy Armour, Shield
* Magic Items
BRB - Armour of Destiny
* War Altar of Sigmar
(Holy Fervour (FAQ'ed), Impact Hits (D6) (FAQ'ed), Large Target, Stubborn, Swiftstride, The Power of Sigmar, Ward Save (*))
AB - The Golden Griffon

* Battle Wizard Lord
Lore of Life, Wizard Level 4
* Magic Items
BRB - Talisman of Preservation
* Warhorse
Barding, Warhorse (Swiftstride)

+ Heroes +

* Battle Wizard
Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 1
* Magic Items
BRB - Dispel Scroll

* Captain of the Empire
(Hold the Line!)
Battle Standard Bearer, Full Plate Armour
* Magic Items
BRB - Biting Blade, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Talisman of Endurance

+ Core +

* Halberdiers
(Regimental Unit)
Champion, 30x Halberdiers, Musician, Standard Bearer

* Handgunners
(Regimental Unit)
10x Handgunners

* Knightly Orders Inner Circle
Champion, 5x Knightly Orders Inner Circle, Lance and Shield, Musician, Standard Bearer, Warhorse (Swiftstride)

* Swordsmen
(Regimental Unit)
Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, 20x Swordsmen

+ Special +

* Demigryph Knights
(Fear)
Demigryph (Armour Piercing, Stomp, Swiftstride), 3x Inner Circle Knight, Lance, Musician, Standard Bearer

* Great Cannon
3x Crew, Great Cannon

* Great Cannon
3x Crew, Great Cannon

* Reiksguard Knights
(Stubborn)
5x Reiksguard Knights, Warhorse (Swiftstride)

+ Rare +

* Steam Tank
(Large Target, Random Movement (variable), Steam Points, Steel Behemoth, Terror, Unbreakable)

* Steam Tank
(Large Target, Random Movement (variable), Steam Points, Steel Behemoth, Terror, Unbreakable)

Luck - Courage - Skill!

CountUlrich
01-11-2014, 12:39
First off, you are not allowed to post points totals here, please edit those out.As to comments on the list:

The wizards on horse is a bad choice. You stick them in with the knights and they will be killed on the first round of combat leaving you with no magic, and down on points.

Other than yojr demigryfs, your units are all too small. State troops need a bare minimum of 35 to survive and achieve anything, preferably 40. So the halberds are close, but 20 swords are useless.

Both of your knight units could act as antichaff, but with only 5 models also won't win you any battles either. And since i can only assjme one would have your wizards you wouldn't want it in battle anyways.

GuroG
01-11-2014, 18:19
First off, you are not allowed to post points totals here, please edit those out.As to comments on the list:

The wizards on horse is a bad choice. You stick them in with the knights and they will be killed on the first round of combat leaving you with no magic, and down on points.

Other than yojr demigryfs, your units are all too small. State troops need a bare minimum of 35 to survive and achieve anything, preferably 40. So the halberds are close, but 20 swords are useless.

Both of your knight units could act as antichaff, but with only 5 models also won't win you any battles either. And since i can only assjme one would have your wizards you wouldn't want it in battle anyways.

Cheers all edited out ok I'll have a rethink on those points you've made

Luck - Courage - Skill!