PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos escalation list.

Morentez
01-11-2014, 09:46
Well, this was awkward to squeeze down to 500pts.

Exalted hero
- Great Weapon

11 x Chaos Warriors

5 x Chaos Knights
- Mark of Nurgle
- Ensorcelled weapons.

This list hits in at 495. It's the start of an escalation league at my local wargaming club. The reason for the knights and ensorcelled weapons is that there are two Undead players in my group and one is fitting hexwraiths into 500pts.

Tiny list but will grow slowly. I think the next addition to the list for 750pts will be marks of nurgle for the Champion and Warriors, musician and standard for the Warriors, and a Warshrine.

Any advice for expansion?

Yersinia Pestis
01-11-2014, 10:34
you need a minimum of 3 units

Darnok
01-11-2014, 11:35
you need a minimum of 3 units

Indeed.

I think (don't have my armybook around) cutting one of the Warriors and the MoN on the Knights should give you the 30 points needed for five Chaoshounds.

Morentez
01-11-2014, 12:00
Wow... Chaos really get boned in 500pts don't they... Have to say I'd never come across the 3 unit rule before. Will have to adjust something to make it work, or just buy my warshrine asap >_<

Darnok
01-11-2014, 12:57
WoC have it tough at such small games, that's true. On the other hand: you want to cram in a unit of Knights, so stop complaining. :p

Check the army selection rules in the BRB concerning the 3 units minimum.

Darnok
02-11-2014, 12:26
I checked the armybook, and if you run the hero, the ten Warriors and five Knights all "naked", you have enough points for five Chaoshounds. That would be a legal army of 500 points, with a character in a unit of infantry, a potent cavalry unit (for that points level) and a small redirector/hunter unit.

This would also be a list that you could easily build from a Battalion. Use some Knights bits to convert one of the Warriors, and you have everything you need from that box - plus more for later.

chipperchopperchappi
03-11-2014, 23:58
Consider Scylla at 500pts. He's cheaper than your exalted, unbreakable and ld10 general...

Galushi
04-11-2014, 00:09
Or instead of a naked Exalted Hero, take a naked Sorcerer, Shadow or Fire. Maybe even Death. Hero will still stand toe-to-toe with a fair amount of weaker races heros, and getting magic access would be huge. Be careful of throwing too many dice though if hes stashed in your warrior unit, miscasts could wipe out the few troops you have.

Fire Sorc could deal with wraiths pretty well, especially if you get Flaming Sword of Rhuin to give your warriors magical attacks. Wouldn't need Knights then.

(edit: said shadow twice, meant death)

N00B
05-11-2014, 14:18
Consider a Nurgle Chariot for core, it neatly fits into 125 pts.

Your hero could be exalted hero, MoT, disc, Third eye, talisman of preservation + 5pt magic weapon, shield for 2+/3++ re-roll 1s save and can go hunting hexwraiths and should be within your 250 pts allowance. If they go necromancer at this level the mobility will help him hunt them down.

If you have the models, ogres could be good to help break down/hold up massed hordes. Even 3 still outputs 9 attacks (hitting on 3s, wounding on 3s) + 3 stomp attacks. To keep a unit of zombies up from this will hopefully keep his magic levels down (average of 6 zombies per turn die from this). Add in impact hits and crumble and you should get through the unit pretty fast. One reason for thinking of this is that I like ogres with a warshrine (which you want). A 3 wound, 3 attack model with eye of the gods is basically a hero level character for any other army. Start to boost any of his stats and he is great value (although the armor one is weaker on him than on a chaos champion).

In Dark Trees
07-11-2014, 15:25
Do you really need both the Warriors and Knights in a five-hundred-point list? I like the suggestion above that you turn your Exalted Hero into a champion of Tzeentch. I'd then drop the Warriors for Chaos Marauders. I know a lot of Warriors of Chaos generals eschew Marauders in favor of their heavier peers, but--as a Beastmen general--I think inexpensive but competent light infantry serves a purpose in any list. I'd stick the Mark of Nurgle or Mark of Tzeentch on them and turn them into an anvil on which your Knights can break the enemy's line. Just my thoughts.

Bigman
07-11-2014, 23:29
Do you really need both the Warriors and Knights in a five-hundred-point list? I like the suggestion above that you turn your Exalted Hero into a champion of Tzeentch. I'd then drop the Warriors for Chaos Marauders. I know a lot of Warriors of Chaos generals eschew Marauders in favor of their heavier peers, but--as a Beastmen general--I think inexpensive but competent light infantry serves a purpose in any list. I'd stick the Mark of Nurgle or Mark of Tzeentch on them and turn them into an anvil on which your Knights can break the enemy's line. Just my thoughts.

At 500 points I wouldn't even consider infantry if possible...

Go all mounted.

Lvl 1 on horse 124

5 dogs vanguard
5 slannesh horsemen flails

5 knights nurgle EW st ms gleaming pennant.

Comes in at 499 if maths correct.

16 models.

Bigman
08-11-2014, 09:12
Saying that, at 500 points, you could get away with no characters.

A champion chaos warrior or knight only has one wound, but tgh 4 and a minimum 4+. A knight champion on nurgle has a 1+ save, is hit on 5+ by anything not WS 6 or more, has three attacks at str 5.

5 dogs vanguard
12 warriors of chaos marked nurgle/khorne/tzeentch with shields and a musician / standard or champ
5 chaos knights nurgle st musc

499 total, and gives you a decent sized unit of infantry, the knights and dogs.

You could then add a character next, lvl 1 wizard, then add a chariot and beef up the warriors and be close to 1000 really quickly.

Darnok
08-11-2014, 09:48
Saying that, at 500 points, you could get away with no characters.

Technically: nope. By RAW you need a character (to be the general), plus three units. WoC have some issues with that at 500 points though, so personally I'd support some houserules for that pointlevel. This depends on the actual gaming group though.