PDA

View Full Version : Question about bloab rotspawned.

Nubl0
02-11-2014, 01:34
So I didn't manage to get a Glottkin book but upon checking the rules for bloab that come with the instructions it would appear he has a shooting attack. The rules just say it is done in the same manner as a stonethrower, does this mean If I role a misfire and a 1 that bloab just dies? I assumed he would have a rule similar to the thundertusk or something?

forseer of fates
02-11-2014, 01:20
Yes we had this come up, because its all combined I guess something goes wrong with the creature on a misfire then a 1 and it explodes :P

Malagor
02-11-2014, 07:31
Nothing about it the Glottkin book either.
I'm guessing he just lose a wound like all living stone-throwers tend to do.

Replicant253
02-11-2014, 07:35
Odd. Cygor loses a wound so I guess this would be the most sensible approach. Perhaps something that will be in the core rules for 9th edition.

Vulgarsty
02-11-2014, 10:08
I would say it just simply misfires. - ie doesn't shoot but unless there are stated consequences....then there are no other consequences.

Nubl0
02-11-2014, 10:13
Just seems rather silly that you 400+ pt Lord can blow himself up so easily, all the current living stone throwers just don't shoot when they misfire. Might drop GW an email.

thesoundofmusica
02-11-2014, 11:07
I would say it just simply misfires. - ie doesn't shoot but unless there are stated consequences....then there are no other consequences.

This seems to make most sense.

Maetco
02-11-2014, 15:20
I've actually meant to ask a similar question about Skullcannon. Neither the AB or the FAQ have any information how it misfires. How have you played it / seen it being played?

Rudra34
02-11-2014, 19:35
Skullcannon is treated as a normal BRB cannon, aside from the profile changes mentioned in the Daemon book. Just consult the black powder misfire chart.

As for Bloab, I don't have the glotkin book so can't really comment. It would be silly if he pops when he misfires. :)

N00B
05-11-2014, 22:40
Maybe it destroys the stonethrower but not the rest of the model? He just loses that attack if you would roll the destroyed result? Purely guessing at what might seem "fair".

Nubl0
05-11-2014, 23:40
Well as it is he just rolls on the stonethrower misfire chart, so if he rolls a one he's just dead. Every other "organic" stonethrower has had a specific clause that treated a misfire as just not shooting, no chart. Unfortunately he lacks this. Perhaps at a later date GW will faq it.

WomBone
06-11-2014, 01:13
Well as it is he just rolls on the stonethrower misfire chart, so if he rolls a one he's just dead. Every other "organic" stonethrower has had a specific clause that treated a misfire as just not shooting, no chart. Unfortunately he lacks this. Perhaps at a later date GW will faq it.

while it is shocking that it may happen, it will be awfully funny to see it happen.

i wouldn't be too gutted in a friendly if Bloab blew up. its tournies I see him going from an include, to sitting on the shelf.

Kerrahn
06-11-2014, 02:53
Well, technically since so many people are rule's lawyering everything else about this book, the result on the Stonethrower misfire table says 'The Warmachine is destroyed', and Bloab isn't a Warmachine...

forseer of fates
06-11-2014, 03:01
Unless an errata says otherwise he's destroyed, that might seem unfair but lizardmen players could argue, tik tak to not being able to join terradons when he's designed to join terradons is also unfair and there's probably more examples:P some poor writing on the rules fronts, no large targets and some talk about difficult terrain which don't even exist.

Neckutter
17-11-2014, 23:13
If he misfires and rolls a 1, bloab gets removed from the table. You'll also notice bloab doesn't have a minimum distance.

Wesser
18-11-2014, 07:59
Can he move and shoot though? Usually in such cases the model can "move but not match".

What about Bloab? Gotta stay still?

Evil Hypnotist
18-11-2014, 09:47
Can he move and shoot though? Usually in such cases the model can "move but not match".

What about Bloab? Gotta stay still?

I read his rules for the first time yesterday, this is what stuck out for me too. Nothing saying he can move and shoot. I actually missed the point the OP makes, I was considering making my model into him but I think Orgotts Daemonspew might be the guy now. Personally, I would follow what Malagor said and just have him lose a wound with no saves of any kind allowed.